Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage (73690 Views)

Federal Polytechnic, Oko Rag Day In Pictures / New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / Benue State University New Dress Code For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by NwekeUG(m): 6:44am On Oct 31, 2020
Nigerians React To New Dress Code For Students Of Federal Polytechnic Oko (Photo)

A document has been distributed to students of Federal Polytechnic Oko to make them aware of the dress code in the institution, IgbereTV reports.

The document reads, War Against Indecent Dressing (WAID) in Federal Polytechnic Oko then goes on to list what is not acceptable in the tertiary institution as regards fashion.

For the women, the code bans things like skirt with slit above knees, off-shoulder dresses and tops, sleeveless dresses and tops, rugged jeans and low waist trousers, lengthy and coloured braids, coloured hair, long artificial lashes, bandana hairband, bogus fashion jewelries and more.

For the male students, they banned long and bushy hair/beard, braids, dread lock and coloured hair, rugged jeans, kaftan without trousers, inscription on hair cut, T-shirts and jeans with immoral messages and more.

Nigerians have reacted, calling the dress code "ridiculous".

@zennyharry wrote:

"Someone shared this with me on Facebook.

Apparently this is the dress code issued by a Federal Polytechnic in Anambra state.

How ridiculous is this?

Institutions subjugating citizens and subjects. Does it not end?"
https://twitter.com/Zennyharry/status/1322272680092049408?s=19

See tweets below.
https://igberetvnews.com/1369937/nigerians-react-new-dress-code-students-federal-polytechnic-oko-photos/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by lindareep: 6:47am On Oct 31, 2020
This 2020 comes with special packages kiss kiss kiss

Weekend deal, I Will deliver men enlargement gel to your preferred location within Lagos

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by TheGiftedOne(m): 6:48am On Oct 31, 2020
When Kumuyi starts to mentor your school's rector.

Just like telling a goat not to eat grass... Igbo girls go kukuma join their brothers for business. Who school epp? grin

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Righteousness89(m): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2020
Don't worry!
As time goes on! You will get used to it and you will Love it!!

Some of the cloths Mad people wore in the 80's and 90's is now officially worn these days as Fashion!

The World itself has gone mad!!
Atimes someone needs to do something Drastic and Extreme to Help the People!

290 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by hisgrace090: 6:56am On Oct 31, 2020
It pays to dress modestly!

205 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by jenny005: 6:56am On Oct 31, 2020
Its a welcome development. Now the rate of immoralities wud be reduced.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by AfroMighty(m): 7:28am On Oct 31, 2020
Lolz

I remember the day Prof. Ijaya tore my crazy jean right in front of the whole level (200L days). The jean tore to an extent my pant can be seen, as per rugged guy I just walk out jeje climb bike along the second guy, till I finish that semester na only two jean I dey wear go school since the rest are crazy jean and I sow enough materials so tey I prefer them to jean and top...I still don't know why I can't hate Prof.Ijaya after tearing my Jean...I too like that man.

Futminna

180 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by slawormiir: 7:31am On Oct 31, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Not again

Nigeria and Nigerians will be foaming holier-than-thou
And still shit happens anyday anytime twice on Saturday

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by inoki247: 7:32am On Oct 31, 2020
With all dere morality dem still no go see anything invent...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by ruggedtimi(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2020
Righteousness89:
Don't worry!
As time goes on! You will get used to it and you will Love it!!

Some of the cloths Mad people wore in the 90's is now officially worn these days as Fashion!

The World itself has gone mad!!
Atimes someone needs to do something Drastic and Extreme to Help the People!
I am sure you know there was 1800s before 90's. People definitely dressed better before the 90's, this is how the world rolls , fashion trend changes and becomes more simplified. In 1900 almost all males in newyork wore Suits/hats as a casual dress.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 31, 2020
this School is out of this world
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by ATEAMS: 7:32am On Oct 31, 2020
You were born with potential. You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling … Learn to use them and fly.

5 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Baawaa(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2020
It will be okay to normal students but school two students will not like it
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 31, 2020
undecided Which kyn nonsense b this...our higher institutions of learning been overrun by religious fanatics

The bigger problem is when protest start now the school management go just go behind closed doors buy the SUG head with small chicken change to snitch on the remaining students

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Anaerobi(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Nice one. Lol
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by lexrichy(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Good! the rate of indecent dressing is worrisome

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 31, 2020
They forgot to add that the students should line up for assembly every morning in front of the senate building to sing the national anthem and school anthem after which they will March to their lecture rooms in a single file while singing h-i-p- for the hip....p-o p-o for the hippopo......

Radarada

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by youngblaq: 7:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Students vs management go be like...

9 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by whytediamond(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Morality without values.

If only dressing truly defines a man, con artists wouldn't be needing well tailored suits.

You don't judge a book by it's cover. Pogba always rock dye on his hair. But our "moral professors" with decent dressing dey one corner for the poverty capital of the world they bark out hypocritical orders.

Nigeria my country.

Empower youths with avenues to learn new modern skills, not one shitty rule on dress code that hasn't taken us to the promised land yet.

It's a Federal Government Polytechnic for Pete's sake.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Nicklaus619(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2020
This is outrageous, them even said no beard cheesy
Jokers grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2020
New dress code at TotoAndPrick University...

11 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by salbis(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2020
Whatever will bring some level of sanity and decency is welcome.

11 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by zeusdgrt(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2020
Mediocrity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by tunapawizzy: 7:34am On Oct 31, 2020
hisgrace090:
It pays to dress modestly!
this should be an advice..not a compulsion

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Adedotguy: 7:34am On Oct 31, 2020
grin
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by olus01(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2020
most of student will not be able to cope because most of them see skul arena as a fashion parade

3 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by rottennaija(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2020
Everyone wants change but no one wants to change.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by NazoTimes(m): 7:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Administrative stupidity

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Shortyy(f): 7:35am On Oct 31, 2020
It's just like when I was in Imsu. Dunno if they've change sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OAU Predegree Admission 2015/2016 / Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) / Checkout The Hilarious Drawing Of Human Hand Her Students Drew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.