Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 (22621 Views)

Sinach - 'Way Maker' Hits 100 Million Views On YouTube / SUV For Next Rated Act Of The Year At #12thheadies (Photos) / Davido Wins Song Of The Year & Video Of The Year At AFRIMMA 2017 | Full Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by costandi(m): 7:22am On Oct 31, 2020
The gospel music associations Dove annual awards is the most respected gospel music awards platform in the world. Sinach made Nigeria proud when she got multiple nominations from the platform earlier in august this year. However she made us even more proud by clinching the most coveted award of the ceremony, 'Song of the year' with her sound 'waymaker' which was written in 2015.

She delivered a soul lifting performance of this song at the ceremony alongside Leeland and Mandisa. The awards ceremony was attended virtually by many gospel music enthusiasts from around the world on TV and online.

She expressed her delight and gratitude in an Instagram post earlier today.

Thank you Lord Jesus!! You told me “I have made you a story of my grace and favor” !! Here we go Lord!!

@gospelmusicassoc @jackiepatillo .
@integritymusic

My best friend, my husband @joe_egbu. Your support and love is a gift.
My family OKoro and Egbu

Thank you to my mentor and life coach Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Sir! and my LoveWorld family! You saw it before anyone else did.

My team and staff across the globe always working so hard with me. I love you all !!

Thank you @leelandmooring for an amazing interpretation and your heart! Love you @mandisaofficial

Africa, Nigeria this is for every dreamer ! God is more than enough!

We will always win in Christ
#sinach #waymaker #peaceinthestorm #iknowwhoiam

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG_QJnulkg_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/dove-awards-name-for-king-and-country-top-artist/2020/10/30/3c74da4a-1b1d-11eb-8bda-814ca56e138b_story.html

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Cooldipoo(m): 7:30am On Oct 31, 2020
Keep breaking barriers

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Uyi168: 11:10am On Oct 31, 2020

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by GIANTPLUSHUB: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2020
Woow! Congrats Sinach!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by HitlerGaddafi: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2020
Gosple musicains are very pathetic set of people. Why sing and praise God because you wanna get paid for it. I remember a keyboardist of a particular church calling it quit because they weren't paying him well.

God should come first,

Money second.

Unfortunately, secular and worldly people have seeked solace in gosple music. Some of them drink alcohol and fvck around but see gospel music as an alternative to secular music. You begin to see names like yomi sax, ABpraize, TPraise, Femisax, Gpraise etc. And 90% of them are usually bad boys.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Dangrace01: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2020
Lol
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Zuorom: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2020
Congratulations to Sinach

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by globalresource: 11:12am On Oct 31, 2020
I'm so happy for her

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 31, 2020
Nice
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by tedx6: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2020
Cooldipoo:
Keep breaking barriers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by ugochukwufrenzy: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2020
Igbo amaka...keep breaking barriers,while the oil soup oduduwa clawed descendants wail,, Igbo nwere mmadu

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2020
More winnings,,, Sinach!

ugochukwufrenzy:
Igbo amaka...keep breaking barriers,while the oil soup oduduwa clawed descendants wail,, Igbo nwere mmadu

I think this is the first time I would be quoting a tribal-fanatic comment. And, I am glad to inform you that your brain can be put to better use angry. Even if the govt is turned upside down for a better Nation, the tribal bigotries (IPOB/Oduduwa/Arewa) would always be the grassroot-problems cool

Shalom

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Chukwutobi: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2020
One reason I respect Pastor Chris a lot is for his contribution to the growth of Gospel Music in Nigeria. He brought out real talents who have produced amazing Christian songs that connect souls to Christ!

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by tundchip2: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Pimine: 11:14am On Oct 31, 2020
Aswearugaad

Wait make I understand! Song wey she sing 2015 still dey win awards in 2020? Awesome!!

In other news...

Guys I dunno what y'all are waiting for o. Stop dulling, take a look at this pic, and grab the opportunity now!

2 Likes

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Dyt(f): 11:14am On Oct 31, 2020
Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Wisejohnson47(m): 11:14am On Oct 31, 2020
costandi:
The gospel music associations Dove annual awards is the most respected gospel music awards platform in the world. Sinach made Nigeria proud when she got multiple nominations from the platform earlier in august this year. However she made us even more proud by clinching the most coveted award of the ceremony, 'Song of the year' with her sound 'waymaker' which was written in 2015.

She delivered a soul lifting performance of this song at the ceremony alongside Leeland and Mandisa. The awards ceremony was attended virtually by many gospel music enthusiasts from around the world on TV and online.

She expressed her delight and gratitude in an Instagram post earlier today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG_QJnulkg_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/dove-awards-name-for-king-and-country-top-artist/2020/10/30/3c74da4a-1b1d-11eb-8bda-814ca56e138b_story.html
My love for her worship and the way she present them is out of this world, keep going ma'am, God is your strength

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by ILoveDemMANNA: 11:14am On Oct 31, 2020
SONG OF THE DECADE FOR ME!!!

WAY MAKER LYRICS.

You are here
Moving in our midst
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Working in this place
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Moving in our midst
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Working in this place
I worship you
I worship you

Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are
Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are

You are here
Touching every heart
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Healing every heart
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Turning lives around
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Mending every heart
I worship you
I worship you

Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
That is who you are
Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are

You wipe away all tears
You mend the broken heart
You're the answer to it all
Jesus
You wipe away all tears
You mend the broken heart
You're the answer to it all (to it all)
Jesus

Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are
Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are

You are here
Touching every life
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Meeting every need
I worship you
I worship you

JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by urchcoded(m): 11:14am On Oct 31, 2020
This song only made limelight because of Leeland's version of it. If it was possible for her to be totally sidelined and the whole credit given to Leeland, it would have been done. The racism that exists in Christian music industry is bigger than you would think or believe. It is so much that any song that does not sound like the regular CCM (white pattern) is called gospel song and not Christian song, lolx funny enough everyone accepted this without asking why, songs that sounds black Americanish or Africanish can never be in any christian music award nomination. Well I know all that matters to y'all is as far as Jesus is glorified, no wahala. But at least know what happens in the industry.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2020
She is talented.
She rocks.
Chioma Jesus is another highly talented singer.

5 Likes

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Hambivert: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2020
Sparogatively, Way Maker has always been a beautiful song... but it only gained global attention after a series of cover by other international artiste. Just like that everything changed for that song in the global sphere!

Why am I even saying this?

...Pray for Divine Helpers

Congratulobia Our very own Sinach!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2020
Dangrace01:
Lol
What's funny? What's the correlation between the thread and your comment?
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by thatsleepboy1: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2020
Ihe ọbula anyị kp'araka ọ ná wu mmaji pu mmaji. NDÍGBO AMAKA N'EZỊA OBERE OGE UWA NÍLÉ BỤRỤ OKETE ANYI N'ELU UWA CHINEKE KWÈRÈ ANYI NKWA NA AKWỤKWỌ NSO N'AHA JESU CHRISTI

AMEN

8 Likes

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Ugolistikp: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2020
More grease to ur elbow SINACH and more lyrics to ur pen ..May ur well of inspiration never run dry ....Greater height is certain

2 Likes

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Pimine: 11:16am On Oct 31, 2020
ugochukwufrenzy:

Aswearugaaad

Brother please stop this. Hail the Igbo nation if you must but never denigrate another tribe!

10 Likes

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Neimar: 11:17am On Oct 31, 2020
Twerk for Chris
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Ogaga87(m): 11:17am On Oct 31, 2020
Very deserving...

Song that was remixed by Darlene zschech and McDowell. . Just sweet

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Micogo4410: 11:18am On Oct 31, 2020
� ulll
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Omezif(m): 11:18am On Oct 31, 2020
She always does great and her good deed has takes her to the next level, congrates Nwanyi oma.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Dangrace01: 11:18am On Oct 31, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

What's funny? What's the correlation between the thread and your comment?

Ah wetin concern you with my laughing undecided
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by ILoveDemMANNA: 11:19am On Oct 31, 2020
I have heard this song by different gospel singers.
I am curious to know who the original owner is.
I will carry out a research to find out today today!
Beautiful song that have made good IMPACT on Millions of life.
Kudos and thanks to whoever composed it original.
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.

Shortyy:

She's the owner of the song.
Give honour to whom honour is due.
No need to be bitter. SMH
Short people with their own wahala sha!
Attention seeking shortyy.
U think say na everyone for dis forum carry TRIBALISM for head like gala like you?
Shame on shortyy! tongue tongue tongue
Una tribal bigot bo go ever leave my post alone, na just to dey masturbate on am every single minutes of the day.
Na wa oooo shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burna Boy Bags Two Grammy Nominations at 2023 Grammys / Download Mp3: Olatop Ekula Ft. Zinoleesky – Owo / Wizkid’s “Come Closer” Hits 1 Million Views On Youtube In 1 Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.