Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates (1295 Views)

Pictures Of Vice-Presidents Of Nigeria From 1966-2015 / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates by LagosBoy1: 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2011
PDP’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates -NigeriaPoliticsOnline

Posted: March 12, 2011 - 14:31

By Daniel Fayemi

Vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Namadi Sambo failed to show up at the presidential debate between the major vice –presidential candidates in the April general elections.

The debate was scheduled to hold between Sambo of the PDP, Tunde Bakare of the Congress for Progressive Change, John Odigie-Oyegun of the All Nigeria Peoples Party and Mr. Fola Adeola of the Action Congress of Nigeria.

However, the PDP representative absconded from the debate while the three others went ahead with the debate even as they condemned Sambo’s absence.

"PDP's absence is arrogance of impunity" said Bakare. He added that Nigerians will not tolerate those with arrogance of incumbency and culture of impunity any longer.”

Members of the audience were also disappointed that Sambo did not attend the debate as one of them in a chat with the Nigeria Politics Online wondered if President Goodluck Jonathan will toe the footstep of his vice by not showing up for the presidential debate scheduled for next week.

“I hope Jonathan will not also disregard us like this man (Sambo) has done. I don’t know why they are afraid of debates.”

Adeola said the PDP could not absolve itself completely from the recent airplane accident he suffered in Bauchi since it was the ruling party.

Bakare said the PDP government style shows they see themselves as rulers and not servant leaders.

"They see themselves as rulers and not as servant leaders. I am not at all offended by PDP's campaign fanfare. PDP is having a farewell party across Nigeria." He said.

Meanwhile, the CPC through the official Buhari fan page has declared its vice – presidential candidate, Tunde Bakare the winner of the debate.

It arrived at the conclusion after Bakare’s closing statement.

“In conclusion, Pastor Bakare declared, ‘Gen. Buhari has a proven track record of saying and doing. That's why he's called 'Mai Gaskiya' - Man of Integrity’
“The VP debate is all over, WE WON!” The CPC concluded.

TEAM RIBADU KICKS, NN24 DEBATE : WE SUSPECT SABOTAGE

The Nuhu Ribadu campaign organization says it suspects that the reason given for the inability of Nigerians to see the vice presidential debate  live may be less than truthful. The debate,  organized by NN24, was not aired live allegedly because of satellite problems.

The campaign organization’s Director, Media and Communications, Ibrahim Modibbo, said they suspect the ruling party, the Peoples Democratic Party, pressured the TV station not to air the programme, because their vice presidential candidate, Mohammad Namadi  Sambo, refused to attend.

“All the major parties were invited and we all turned up, except for  PDP’s,” Moddibbo said. “They won’t come because they can’t defend their position to Nigerians and  don’t even have a plan for moving forward. That is why , we suspect , they (PDP) put tremendous pressure on NN24 so much, that they couldn’t air the live debate.

“It is unfortunate that the ruling party is using state funds and institutions to intimidate the opposition and media organizations. What are they afraid of? Why won’t they come on air and tell Nigerians what they have to offer apart from good luck?”

He further added that he would be disappointed in NN24 if his suspicion is ever confirmed. He said journalism is for the fearless and no organization should give in to financial or government pressure, no matter what.

“However, hope is not lost,” he continued. “Since the opportunity of a live broadcast is lost, we demand that an unedited video of the debate be aired. We know that our Vice presidential candidate, Fola Adeola, outshone the others like a billion stars and it would be great  injustice to deny Nigerians a chance to see their next VP in action. NN24 must correct their error by showing this debate. Nigerians must be allowed to make their choices based on antecedents, plans and strategy, not on sentiments or religious bigotry. They must see that we deserve far better  than the poisoned chalice the PDP is offering them.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pdp%E2%80%99s-sambo-ducks-debate-vice-presidential-candidates-nigeriapoliticsonline

Re: Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates by AljUche: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2011
is it surprising undecided undecided undecided undecided angry angry angry angry
Re: Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates by Rhino5dm: 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2011
No igboman among them why is Nigeria doing this to the igbos?? e ya e no good o tongue tongue

I really duff my hat to the southwest. A won o ni opolo nla cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

*my first bigotry comment on NL*
Re: Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates by friedrice1: 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2011
I am not surprised, PDP intimidating NN24, the same way they threatened Channels, AIT, MITV, and other news media houses not to show a clip of Buhari/ Bakare's rallies in the north.
Re: Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates by AljUche: 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

No igboman among them why is Nigeria doing this to the igbos?? e ya e no good o tongue tongue

I really duff my hat to the southwest. A won o ni opolo nla cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

*my first bigotry comment on NL*

no need for that, today it is yorubas turn

tomorro na igbo turn,

na turn by turn be life

the 1st republic, it was the igbos running things in the south

now it is the yorubas and ijaws turn smiley
Re: Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates by sbeezy8: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2011
Alj Uche:

no need for that, today it is yorubas turn

tomorro na igbo turn,

na turn by turn be life

the 1st republic, it was the igbos running things in the south

now it is the yorubas and ijaws turn smiley

Yorubas or ijaws arent running anything- Obj is

ibos never ran things in the south- the east yea but not in the west or midwest plenty of yoruba binis that ran their areas IN OPPOSITION but on the federal level. Hausa RAN things aside from obj there has never been a southerner runinng things.

I dont count obj as a yoruba anyway. ijaw is not running anything neither is yoruba only OBJ gej is his boy thats clear
Re: Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates by fumscofolu(f): 1:11am On Mar 14, 2011
listen to how Bakare analyzed the work of a VP one after the other? I suspect we NIGERIANS have all been brainwashed by the adverts of GEJ that has taken over all the stations, its unfortunate that these are not even his words, hired intelligent people write all their campaigns and manifesto dont you see this? I am very sure we have not paid attention to this man well before he flooded the whole media, the sad thing is that do you know he is also surprised that Nigerians could be that gullible to believe all these things? The corrupt past presidents told him it will work, he thinks its working but it is not, we are not for sale, how much does he think is enough to buy our conscience Enough of all these!

Do you know history? All Nigerians are tired of corruption and patriotic people came together (SNG Save Nigeria Group) that every party should come together so we vote out this corrupt PDP but because some of them have been part of the corruption, they cant seem to let go of the hold they have in governance ACN refused ANPP also refused. Pat Utomi piped down but Buhari could see the trait we are trying to counter and knew we were not all sincere yet and picked SNG leader since he was the only person he could trust all the way and decided to contest. Now these parties use some of the words of SNG to win the hearts of the people but are they actually sincere? That leaves me with only one option BB 2011 but the firm thing is WE MUST VOTE OUT CORRUPTION, Let us Say NO NO NO to corrupt PDP ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Pdp’s Sambo Ducks Debate Of Vice Presidential Candidates by egift(m): 10:00am On Apr 14, 2011
In all you do, Vote out PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule / void / In Nigeria, A Deadly Group’s Rage Has Local Roots - NY Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.