Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,408 members, 7,843,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde (5446 Views)

APC Will Compensate Civil War Victims In Rivers – Amaechi / Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen / Lai Mohammed On EndSARS: We Have Met Demands, We Can't Go Beyond What We've Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by TMSMedia: 7:54am On Nov 03, 2020
Governor Seyi Makinde on Monday November 2, announced that the Oyo state government will be compensating families of Policemen who lost their lives during the peaceful #EndSARS protests which was hijacked by hoodlums, IgbereTV reports.

The Oyo state Governor said this while speaking at the Oyo State Headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force, Eleyele, Ibadan.

Makinde who disclosed that N500 million fund has already been set aside to compensate victims of police brutality and injustice, commiserated with officers and men of the Police Command over the loss of their officers as well as the destruction of a number of structures and equipment.

The Governor stated that government will continue to work together with the force to make Oyo State safe and secure for residents, and further urged the Police to put the experience of the last few weeks behind them and join hands with the government to rebuild the nation and create a better society.

He also disclosed that the state government would undertake the rebuilding of all burnt down and destroyed stations as well as take care of all logistics as contained in a document presented to him by the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Joe Enwowu.

Makinde wrote on his Twitter handle;

"This afternoon, we visited the Eleyele Police Command Headquarters, Ibadan, to meet with members of the Oyo State Command of the Nigeria Police Force."
https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1323352030275084293?s=19

"I said we should all work together to build a better society. That I support the protests doesn't mean I am against them. I am for the protection of everyone’s right, including theirs. And that we need their cooperation to ensure that arsonists and anarchists are brought to book."
https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1323354044514095104?s=19

“I Finally, I told them that the families of policemen in Oyo State who were unlawfully killed will be part of those compensated from the initial N500M Fund which we set up last week. May their souls rest in peace."
https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1323354463839653889?s=19

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by chatinent: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2020
Man's government has truly failed.

Yawns.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by chatinent: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2020

Yawns.
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Moferere: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2020
Good move.
All sides deserve a sense of belonging

8 Likes

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Makingrealsense: 9:51am On Nov 03, 2020
it is alright
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Mayng01(m): 11:06am On Nov 03, 2020
Wike disclosed his, 20 million each. how much is yours? Maybe 500,000. Mtchew! They are all the same . End bad governance

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by slawormiir: 11:10am On Nov 03, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Moferere:
Good move.
All sides deserve a sense of belonging

Exactly...
For the world to see peace there must be justice

All the problem we humans are facing right now on planet earth is as a result of injustice right from onset

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by mrkings84(m): 11:10am On Nov 03, 2020
Good if the money set aside for this purpose won't be looted!
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by oluwaseunamos33(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2020
GOOD OF U MY BOY. thnk U for how U follow my advice

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by paxi7: 11:11am On Nov 03, 2020
commendable, but let's not forget to also compensate families of those slain by sars

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by ekestic1976(f): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2020
The Failing Governor, Makinde is! How wrong one could be; we had thought that he would be refreshing undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 03, 2020
that's my governor
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Craaaa: 11:13am On Nov 03, 2020
When sars were brutalising and killing innocent citizens, there was no arrangement like this o, infact the govt didn't care because there was nothing to benefit from the killings of innocent citizens, now there is money allocation for police officers which can be beneficial some private accts. Shaking my head for this govt.
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Omezif(m): 11:14am On Nov 03, 2020
Makinde makes right decission to compensate them. armed proffesional officers and unarmed civilians victims deserves to be compensate, Because boths have families left that were in need to help.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by CapitalHYC(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2020
grin I know Makinde is only deceiving them ,he won't give them Nada he's way smarter than that ,just a little few words to rub their mumuistic ego
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by kokox3: 11:15am On Nov 03, 2020
chatinent:

Yawns.
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Ogamysamo: 11:16am On Nov 03, 2020
what a move that our president is supposed to take as regard the lekki incident but didn't.

atleast compensation would have ease the tenson and temper of the people a bit.
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Ogamysamo: 11:18am On Nov 03, 2020
[/color][color=#770077][color=#990000][/color]
oh! what a step our president FAIL to take
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by sagieramos(m): 11:18am On Nov 03, 2020
chatinent:

Yawns.
Heavenly government is our only hope

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by Bluffly: 11:20am On Nov 03, 2020
I beg. How many officer died?
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by michoim(m): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2020
Nice one
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by marsman: 11:23am On Nov 03, 2020
Please Tinubu is not the ruler of Yoruba Land ohh, he is just a respected figure in Our Land because of his brilliance and Achievements, Yoruba Land doesn't end in Lagos or his Back yard. This is a good example, Oyo state the biggest state in South Nigeria, is not even under his Party.
Dear Criticizers check your facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by wink2015(m): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2020
POLICIA !

Sars done hear am for Agberos!
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by wink2015(m): 11:24am On Nov 03, 2020
marsman:
Please Tinubu is not the ruler of Yoruba Land ohh, he is just a respected figure in Our Land because of his brilliance of Achievement, Yoruba Land doesn't end in Lagos or his Back yard. This is a good example, Oyo state the biggest state in South Nigeria, is not even under his Party.
Dear Criticizers check your facts.

I like that statement in which you describe Oyo state as the largest state in terms of landmass in the southern part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by marsman: 11:26am On Nov 03, 2020
wink2015:

I like that statement in which you describe Oyo state as the largest state in terms of landmass in the southern part of Nigeria.

Fact.
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by slimfit1(m): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2020
What about the victims family too?
Re: EndSARS: We Will Compensate Families Of Slain Policemen - Governor Makinde by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Fail: Tinubu Caught Reading Envelope In Promotional Photo / Gen Ihejirika, Ex Coas Has Burnt The Table Destroyed By Soludo Patapata / Northerners React To Tinubu's Stance On Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.