Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) (910 Views)

ALERT: Attempt To Pervert Female Candidate’s Victory In Taraba Gubernatorial / Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . / Bomb Blast In Kaduna-1 Dead Two Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by Udevex: 1:55am On Mar 14, 2011
Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured
Written by Ishola Micheal Monday, 14 March 2011

Political thugs believed to be loyal to a faction of the Congress for Progressive Change  (CPC) last weekend, attacked the only female candidate of the party for the seat of the Bauchi Federal Constituency in the April general election, Hajiya Balaraba Lawal Bello, injuring two of her supporters who are presently receiving treatment at a private hospital.

Narrating her ordeal to newsmen in Bauchi yesterday, Hajiya Balaraba said, “My political opponents are after me, they said they will  kill me, they said a woman cannot lead them, they attacked our vehicles and my supporters had to cover me with blankets, to hide me so  we passed, they didn't see me”.

Balaraba also said “the thugs came in large number with dangerous weapons chanting slogans threatening to kill me and my supporters and they blocked our convoy during Muhammadu Buhari’s visit last Saturday. They were looking for me but they didn’t see me. They destroyed a car and injured two people. I have reported the matter to the state security Services (SSS).”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18844-thugs-attack-cpc-female-candidate-two-injured
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by recoome(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2011
Are the bb supporters seeing this one, shameless people!
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by Wadeoye(m): 8:50am On Apr 06, 2011
@Recoome, what has CPC supporters got to do with thugs attacking a contestant? CPC presented her for the position. Start using your entire head recoome - not just the mouth.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by Dave6: 8:52am On Apr 06, 2011
No wonder Okonjo Iweala was rejected as fast as lightning! grin
That reminds me of that story, P.Bakare never gave account of his reply when Buhari asked him whether he was ready to step down.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by recoome(m): 9:00am On Apr 06, 2011
Wadeoye:

@Recoome, what has CPC supporters got to do with thugs attacking a contestant? CPC presented her for the position. Start using your entire head recoome - not just the mouth.

mumu, read the news again and u'll find that it was her fellow CPC members that attacked her, so get things right and stop displaying ur 'mumulity'.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by 10cirenoh: 9:05am On Apr 06, 2011
^^^^

Use your brain, allegation that the thugs are "believed" (allegation) that they belong to a fraction of CPC does not make it true, we all know how PDP thugs tried to wear ANPP's supporters uniform just to cause havoc, so i also believe it could have been another party thugs trying to disguise as CPC supporters to cause havoc.

Grow up and use your head, she reported to SSS and not to the party leadership? that shows it's not a party thing, rather a case of hiding under CPC by another political party to perpetuate their plan.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by recoome(m): 9:13am On Apr 06, 2011
@10cirenoh: so it's also PDP members that have been inciting violence in the north? So she should report 2 CPC that her life is in danger, is CPC security agency? So if i'm a member of ACN and i have a security problem, i should go 2 ACN office and seek refuge? Fact remains that CPC is a party formed on the basis of bigotry & sharia! So use ur entire nervous system.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by recoome(m): 9:15am On Apr 06, 2011
@10cirenoh: so it's also PDP members that have been inciting violence in the north? So she should report 2 CPC that her life is in danger, is CPC security agency? So if i'm a member of ACN and i have a security problem, i should go 2 ACN office and seek refuge? Fact remains that CPC is a party formed on the basis of bigotry & sharia! So use ur entire nervous system.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by 10cirenoh: 9:24am On Apr 06, 2011
^^^

Use your brain, why is it that almost all parts of the country, it's been fights between PDP and any other party? can you show me at least 2 violent news (political) that was between 2 political parties different from PDP?

You claim it was CPC thugs that attacked her, in per comment, she didn't mention anything like that, rather she said her "political opponents", that means it could be from any other party and they also could have disguise as CPC supporters just to get across to her.

Use your brain.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by Pataki: 9:25am On Apr 06, 2011
recoome:

@10cirenoh: so it's also PDP members that have been inciting violence in the north? So she should report 2 CPC that her life is in danger, is CPC security agency? So if i'm a member of ACN and i have a security problem, i should go 2 ACN office and seek refuge? Fact remains that CPC is a party formed on the basis of bigotry & sharia! So use your entire nervous system.
You must be intoxicated from your own urine system this morning. Did your idiocy make you skip where it was stated she reported the incident to the SSS?

Now here is a list of unsolved murder cases during your PDP administration of 12 years.

Patrick Okoye January 31, 1999 Lagos Shot Unresolved
Sunday Ugwu September 9, 1999 Enugu Shot Unresolved
Igwe Francis Nwankwo February 15, 2000 Anambra Shot Unresolved
Nicholas Okhuakhua June 2000 Lagos Shot Unresolved
Mohammed Shuaibu September 2000 Lagos Shot Unresolved
Obatou Mumbo October 17, 2000 Onitsha Shot Unresolved
Idowu Braimoh November 5, 2000 Ondo Shot Unresolved
Joseph Osayande December 4, 2000 Benin Shot Unresolved
Chief Layi Balogun December 10, 2000 Lagos Shot Unresolved
Monday Ndor August 19, 2001 Port Harcourt Shot Unresolved
Onyebuchi Ede August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
Chibueze Idah August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
Ogbonna Odimbaiwe August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
Ifeanyi Nnaji August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
Odunayo Olagbaju December 20, 2001 Ife Shot Unresolved
Chief Bola Ige December 23, 2001 Ibadan Shot Unresolved
Mr. S.A. Awoniyi January 7, 2002 Abuja Stabbed Unresolved
Eyo Eyo April 2002 Calabar Shot Unresolved
Ifeanyi Igbokwe April 18, 2002 Lagos Shot Unresolved
Musa Dayo May 9, 2002 Bauchi Shot Unresolved
Christopher Ogbonna May 26, 2002 Nsukka Shot Unresolved
Maria-Theresa Nsa June 11,2002 Cross River Shot Unresolved
Chief & Mrs. Barnabas Igwe September 1, 2002 Onitsha Shot Unresolved

What has PDP done to resolve these murders within their own party till date?!!!!! angry
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by efisher(m): 9:26am On Apr 06, 2011
2 Questions

1. Is she really the only female aspirant on running under CPC platform?
2. How many female aspirants did each of the other parties present?
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by recoome(m): 9:37am On Apr 06, 2011
efisher:

2 Questions

1. Is she really the only female aspirant on running under CPC platform?
2. How many female aspirants did each of the other parties present?
yes o! That is how CPC hopes 2 implement the 35% affirmative action, when the whole world was moving foward, CPC wants 2 import sexism! Leave 10cirenoh with his useless propaganda!
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 06, 2011
No she is not, CPC has 12 women for senate, 23 for house of reps. Meanwhile in the whole north PDP has only 2 members for house of reps, binta Masai garba, and fatima something from gombe only 1 woman for senate nnenada usman
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by 10cirenoh: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2011
recoome:

yes o! That is how CPC hopes 2 implement the 35% affirmative action, when the whole world was moving foward, CPC wants 2 import sexism! Leave 10cirenoh with his useless propaganda!

You are a foool, the questions are general questions, why can't you answer them? "female aspirants did each of the other parties present?"

Answer and stop sounding like a foool.

CPC has more than one woman running, but i don't know the numbers, i know about 4 in Lagos (senate and also house of reps)
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by maclatunji: 9:46am On Apr 06, 2011
Some people are having nightmares over Buhari while the man is sleeping peacefully. These guys are being paid heavily but at the rate they are going I doubt if they will have the good health or longevity to enjoy the money before being called to account for betraying the poor masses.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by mogentle(m): 9:54am On Apr 06, 2011
aisha2:

No she is not, CPC has 12 women for senate, 23 for house of reps. Meanwhile in the whole north PDP has only 2 members for house of reps, binta Masai garba, and fatima something from gombe only 1 woman for senate nnenada usman

GBAMMMM!!!!
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by recoome(m): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2011
aisha2:

so what of yaraduas daughter, 4 house of reps, what of sen zainab kure, sen patricia akwashiki, sen. Grace bent, the list is endless, so pls don't decieve us!
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by recoome(m): 10:00am On Apr 06, 2011
10cirenoh:

You are a foool, the questions are general questions, why can't you answer them? "female aspirants did each of the other parties present?"

CPC has more than one woman running, but i don't know the numbers, i know about 4 in Lagos (senate and also house of reps)
u are a mumu & a great idiot, in lagos, they can never win, so they did not give it their sexist priority.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by efisher(m): 10:03am On Apr 06, 2011
The report sounds biased to me until someone can prove otherwise.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 06, 2011
Only Kure is coming back, am trying to get the comprehensive list> Bent lost out> No insults please, will delete the insults as soon as i get a pc, Recoome sorry
recoome:

@10cirenoh:stop displaying your ineptitude online, bent, kure, akwashiki and the rest are coming back, u need 2 visit yaba-left 4 insanity checkup!
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by seal777(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2011
Yeeeepa, Buhari is now like dollar notes. Once you shine it to peoples eyes, they go gaga.

Ha ha ha ha ha, i dey laf o o o o. BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by onyengbu: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2011
^^^ No, its:
St. Buhari for President!
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by Johndoe100(m): 11:54am On Apr 06, 2011
10cirenoh:

As you well know there is no CPC outside the north. Anyone who stands for election in the south is just a place marker.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by 10cirenoh: 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^^

Sit down there and be dreaming, some from the south are actually going to win, take it or leave it.
Re: Thugs attack CPC female candidate, two injured (Women Cannot Lead Them) by recoome(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2011
Democracy at work

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Has No Conscience -ogd ! / Shocking Revelations About Buhari / Why S’west Shuns Mainstream Politics, By Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.