Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,884 members, 7,844,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally (5283 Views)

My Shihtzu Just Whelped / My Rottweiler Bitch Jst Whelped ...xmas Puppies / 2 Months Plus Females Long Coat Gsd,just 32k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 3:09am On Nov 10, 2020
IamAnderson:

I'm sensing liver problems or worm infestation.
At it's young age it's a very serious issue
chai....pup that will complete 1week today
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by IamAnderson(m): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2020
ebenson90:
chai....pup that will complete 1week today
Just try to get it to eat with the others
If it survives then when it's older you can look for a solution
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2020
IamAnderson:

Just try to get it to eat with the others
If it survives then when it's older you can look for a solution
boss that's not gonna happen anymore because the pup just died now.....I'm so devastated right now.....they are remaining 7 now... cry cry
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2020
They are 1week old today
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2020
Sorry for your loss bro.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2020
Haroldjunior:
Sorry for your loss bro.
thanks sir
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
I've been trying to post pics of the pups for hours now but it's not working....I don't know why
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2020
I also think that your pup could be a preterm(premature) puppy. I had a dog that gave birth to 2 of her puppies prematurely. They couldn't suckle on their own, they needed assistance to balance, and they didn't digest food normally. I think this your pup was probably the last fertilized egg. She could come out the same time with the other ones but still be premature. I eventually lost mine too, same age too.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2020
Haroldjunior:
I also think that your pup could be a preterm(premature) puppy. I had a dog that gave birth to 2 of her puppies prematurely. They couldn't suckle on their own, they needed assistance to balance, and they didn't digest food normally. I think this your pup was probably the last fertilized egg. She could come out the same time with the other ones but still be premature. I eventually lost mine too, same age too.
I'm sorry about your pup...well that's by the way....I just hope the remaining 7 makes it
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by IamAnderson(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2020
ebenson90:
boss that's not gonna happen anymore because the pup just died now.....I'm so devastated right now.....they are remaining 7 now... cry cry
So sorry, I doubt anything could have saved her because she came out like that.
Let's just hope and try to get the others to survive
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2020
IamAnderson:

So sorry, I doubt anything could have saved her because she came out like that.
Let's just hope and try to get the others to survive
yea...thanks a lot sir.....I supplement their feeding with nan1 and egg yolk.....but please how many times should I feed them a day to make sure they are eating well?
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by IamAnderson(m): 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
ebenson90:
yea...thanks a lot sir.....I supplement their feeding with nan1 and egg yolk.....but please how many times should I feed them a day to make sure they are eating well?
Why only the egg yolk?
Feed them every 3-4 hours, also check on the mum too so she can assist

1 Like

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by rastaLivity: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
Menh this thread send chills down my spine, going to deworm my pup asap
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2020
ebenson90:
I'm sorry about your pup...well that's by the way....I just hope the remaining 7 makes it
Them go dey alright.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by akpota(m): 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
Please bro, can I get a pup? Even if I need to drop a drop token. Please help.
https://www.nairaland.com/6043270/anybody-give-pup-me-free
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 3:40am On Nov 11, 2020
IamAnderson:

Why only the egg yolk?
Feed them every 3-4 hours, also check on the mum too so she can assist
okay boss
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 3:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Haroldjunior:

Them go dey alright.
Amenooooooooo
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by IamAnderson(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2020
ebenson90:
okay boss
If you're feeding your dog egg then feed them the whole egg.
If what you're assuming by feeding only the yolk is that you're giving them the more proteinous part then you're mistaken.
Egg white is even richer in protein than egg yolk, it contains the protein of an egg
Egg yolk contains the cholesterol, fats and vitamins
To use egg as a meal you have to use the whole egg to get the all round nutrition
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2020
IamAnderson:

If you're feeding your dog egg then feed them the whole egg.
If what you're assuming by feeding only the yolk is that you're giving them the more proteinous part then you're mistaken.
Egg white is even richer in protein than egg yolk, it contains the protein of an egg
Egg yolk contains the cholesterol, fats and vitamins
To use egg as a meal you have to use the whole egg to get the all round nutrition
Actually, egg white isn't used/advisable for making puppy milk replacement formulas bro. Look it up online. It's always only the yolk that is used because puppies at this stage cannot digest most enzymes in the egg white. It can cause vitamin deficiencies.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by IamAnderson(m): 9:56am On Nov 12, 2020
Haroldjunior:

Actually, egg white isn't used/advisable for making puppy milk replacement formulas bro. Look it up online. It's always only the yolk that is used because puppies at this stage cannot digest most enzymes in the egg white. It can cause vitamin deficiencies.
I wouldn't even advise eggs for puppies at this stage,I usually wait till they are older and feed whole eggs
and the biotin deficiency thing is a misconception,yes egg whites contain avidin which inhibits the assimilation of biotin but it requires an unreasonably high amount of egg whites to cause that.
besides,egg yolk is also rich in biotin.
it's just a matter of choice and regulation
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 12:35am On Nov 13, 2020
How are you guys doing....?
Pups are doing fine and growing well....they are even starting to wee on their own....seeing them just gives me joy...

1 Like

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2020
ebenson90:
How are you guys doing....?
Pups are doing fine and growing well....they are even starting to wee on their own....seeing them just gives me joy...
Thank God.

1 Like

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
Guys sorry for not updating for a while.....Pups are 2weeks old today and are doing fine(thanks to your support and all)

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2020

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
grin

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2020

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2020

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2020

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2020

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2020

Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by Haroldjunior: 4:30am On Nov 19, 2020
They're indeed doing great bro.
Re: My Female Gsd Just Whelped...finally by ebenson90(m): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2020
Haroldjunior:
They're indeed doing great bro.
Thanks man....but Hans feeding them is no joke ooo....every 3hours....I think I'm gonna fall sick after this sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

P / Please Wish Prodeegee Happy Birthday / I Have 3 Jack Russells Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.