Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts (29664 Views)

Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / Rivers University Student Finds Rusted Zinc In The Food She Bought In The Hostel / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by 24SEVEN: 9:41am On Nov 06, 2020
The VC no get joy
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by mrkings84(m): 9:41am On Nov 06, 2020
E don be for them. But I think say ASUU dey strike? Abi Dem go suspend Dem 4 house just like one woman wey been dey waka house by house dey to feed school children during d lockdown!!
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by MoIbrahim: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2020
This is big shame to freedom of speech

3 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:42am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:
undecided some girls are just stupid sha. Aswear
this type of girls no suppose dey school

U dey university u still dey do ofofo. undecided

undecided when they rape them now they will start to cry.

Before u start quoting me, I'm not a rapist oo!

Comiting same mistake...
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by BREYZ: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2020
ExAngel007:
Two students of the Ignatius Ajuru University of
Education (IAEU) have been suspended for one academic session over their 'inciting" posts about the institution on social media.

The students are Sunday Idongesit Okpokpo of
the Department of Political Science and Chibuzor
Remmy of the Department of Educational
Management.

The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof.
Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele who confirmed the suspension in a statement on Wednesday,
November 4, said Okpokpo created panic and
confusion when he took to Facebook to state
that the school's final year examination might
be cancelled.

"Mr. Sunday Idongesit Okpokpo of the Department of Political Science, Faculty of Social
Sciences, Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, with Matriculation Number UE/2019/ B.Ed4/4505 has been suspended for one academic session 2019/2020) with immediate effect," the statement says .

"Mr. Sunday Idongesit Okpokpo had over the
weekend created panic and confusion when he
posted on the social media cancelling the final
year examinations scheduled to commence on
Monday November 2, 2020 as well as the Matriculation Ceremony scheduled to hold on
Saturday November 7, 2020. Only the Senate of
the University has such powers.

He is to resume studies in 2020/2021 academic
session at 100 level."

The statement said Remmy was found guilty of
inciting students to protest against the
University Authority for having only one bank on
campus. The student said the call for protest
was a 'joke'.

"Mr. Chibuzor Remmy of the Department of
Educational Management, Faculty of Education,
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education with
Matriculation Number UE/2018/EDUMAT/
B.Ed4/0205 has been suspended for one academic session (2019/2020) with immediate effect," "Mr. Chibuzor Remmy was found guilty of
inciting students with his social media post. He
had called out students on that post to protest
on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 against the
University Authority for having only one bank on
campus. He is to resume school in the 2020/2021 academic session. He is not to be seen on any of the three campuses unless on invitation."

https://www.tori.ng/news/158095/two-rivers-varsity-students-suspended-over-incitin.html

OZO MEKURI NDIMELE IS BECOMING DICTATORIAL IN HIS DEALINGS AND I ADVISE HE THREADS CAREFULLY.
EVEN WIKE CANNOT GO THIS FAR grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Kirchoffs: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2020
SilverNorGold:
cheesy.. Nice one.. They're also on Nairaland spreading hate speech and inciting tribal conflicts..

They should all be prosecuted..

Nigeria must better..
You are one of them you this slimy chameleon...... I spit on you

Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanseK
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester
Emekaonline

The shameless MONIKERS listed above are the various paid media thugs hired to spill hate and conceal EVIDENCE of death and massacre that happened live at the Lekki toll gate.....

They are very many here with over 200 different monikers which they use in trying to suppress the truth.....Bunch of lunatics who are mostly from the North..

Bunch of piss-poor people all because of 20k BMC money sold their dirty souls.....

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by BlueRayDick: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2020
Whch kind kindergaten university is this for 4ck sake?

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by gurunlocker: 9:44am On Nov 06, 2020
Lol.... And na same person report them? grin grin
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by tutudesz: 9:44am On Nov 06, 2020
The guy no smart at all undecided
Instead of him to sue the school, what he said was there will be protect on Wednesday and not protest on Wednesday undecided

3 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by oguns222: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2020
SilverNorGold:
cheesy.. Nice one.. They're also on Nairaland spreading hate speech and inciting tribal conflicts..

They should all be prosecuted..

Nigeria must better..

You can't be hateful in your behaviour and not expect hate speech.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Donspicey: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2020
Dis year don kukuma finish nah....

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by millionboi2: 9:46am On Nov 06, 2020
Zeembabawayy:
Social media regulations don start
Nonsense if na me,I go Sue d vc

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Managerwyz: 9:46am On Nov 06, 2020
All I see is people in power trying to silent complainant.

Buhari using army on #endsars protesters.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by millionboi2: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2020
tutudesz:
Instead of him to sue the school, what he said was there will be protect on Wednesday and not protest on Wednesday undecided
Even if is protest.

Protesting is a form of demand

The VC never jam

If na me court straight

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:48am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:

You have a rapist in your family then
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2020
Kirchoffs:

You are one of them you this slimy chameleon...... I spit on you

Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanseK
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester
Emekaonline

The shameless MONIKERS listed above are the various paid media thugs hired to spill hate and conceal EVIDENCE of death and massacre that happened live at the Lekki toll gate.....

They are very many here with over 200 different monikers which they use in trying to suppress the truth.....Bunch of lunatics who are mostly from the North..

Bunch of piss-poor people all because of 20k BMC money sold their dirty souls.....

My brother, I challenge you to mention any of my hate or tribal posts.

God bless us all.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by SpicyMimi(f): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2020
Looool kasala o!
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2020
The guy can sue the school he wrote protect not protest

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Regex: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2020
Ubunja, I managed to copy your latest post before it was hidden. The mods are being silly honestly.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by frankobobby(m): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2020
Make I hear say I send any lecturer friend request. Taaa

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Elsueno: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2020
That's why never use your real name on any social media account or ur precise location. That way you can even show the middle finger to ur boss from work and e no fit do anything to you. Then join him D next morning in speaking about how d current generation are disrespectful to elders

Ahh....such fun memories grin grin grin
life is sweet jare even for shyt hole grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by brightalo1010: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:

But your comment shows you support rape.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by BeardGangJnr1(m): 9:51am On Nov 06, 2020
only in Nigeria angry
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by lilmaydee(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2020
Some people need to start calming down. What has he said to deserve the suspension? No freedom of expression for this country.

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by tutudesz: 9:53am On Nov 06, 2020
millionboi2:
Even if is protest.

Protesting is a form of demand

The VC never jam

If na me court straight
Nigerians need to read the Constitution on their rights as citizens and understand it.
1. Freedom of speech
2. Freedom of expression

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Impecca(m): 9:53am On Nov 06, 2020
Chibuzor Remmy should file a lawsuit against the decision of of the school to suspend him.

He never said "There will be protest" He said "Protect" instead.

so they have no reason to suspend him. Sue the VC and regain ur studentship

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by sayhi2bammy(m): 9:54am On Nov 06, 2020
The Remmy guy has a case if he has the balls. He wrote 'protect' and not 'protest'. The D.C that gave him suspension should expalin to us how 'protect' is harmful to the school.

4 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Broken2020: 9:57am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:

You just committed worse crime than the guys inciting violence and the person that responded
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by ruggedtimi(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2020
Funny enough the boy wrote protect not protest ...he can sue the VC to court

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by millionboi2: 9:59am On Nov 06, 2020
tutudesz:
Even if he says protest,thy is nothing wrong with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mothers Tumble Over During A Parents Race At An Inter House Sport In Osun State / Osun State Polytechnic Lecturer Attends To Only One Student Who Paid School Fees / Unity Schools To Resume October 11 - Adamu Adamu, Minister Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.