Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts (29660 Views)

Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / Rivers University Student Finds Rusted Zinc In The Food She Bought In The Hostel / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by ruggedtimi(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2020
sayhi2bammy:
The Remmy guy has a case if he has the balls. He wrote 'protect' and not 'protest'. The D.C that gave him suspension should expalin to us how 'protect' is harnful to the school.
correct bro....same thing I dey reason

3 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by lielbree: 10:00am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:
undecided some girls are just stupid sha. Aswear
this type of girls no suppose dey school

U dey university u still dey do ofofo. undecided

undecided when they rape them now they will start to cry.

Before u start quoting me, I'm not a rapist oo!

Your hatred for female is so deep. I wonder what your mother did to u.

That is the VC of the school. You can't even read to comprehend. The picture are probably his children.

You are really dumb and filled with misogyny.

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by ruggedtimi(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2020
mrkings84:
E don be for them. But I think say ASUU dey strike? Abi Dem go suspend Dem 4 house just like one woman wey been dey waka house by house dey to feed school children during d lockdown!!
Ignatius no follow for the strike.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by lielbree: 10:02am On Nov 06, 2020
sayhi2bammy:
The Remmy guy has a case if he has the balls. He wrote 'protect' and not 'protest'. The D.C that gave him suspension should expalin to us how 'protect' is harnful to the school.
Even if he said protest, that is his constitutional right. The VC is wrong and out of place.

If the students are suffering due to lack of banks on campus he should do something not suspend the person calling for change. Nigerians can be power drunk sharr

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by millionboi2: 10:03am On Nov 06, 2020
tutudesz:

Nigerians need to read the Constitution on their rights as citizens and understand it.
1. Freedom of speech
2. Freedom of expression
seriously
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by ttobizz(m): 10:03am On Nov 06, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Good for them
Posting anything that comes from your mind on social media is dogg shit

Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele is the vice chancellor using a female pics

My man, the social media is a general page where one can express his/her opinion , rather than oppress the students, the VC should have simply suppressed the post by debunking their claims and then referring students to the institution's official social media page.

If I were the students, I will sue the institution for claims after losing my session.
They have a good case, afterall the students only posted what they heard and besides, the student claimed it was a jokeafter the VC's threat.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Nyanabo(m): 10:03am On Nov 06, 2020
Oin grin

Right To Protest is a universal right. But they don't want a reoccurence of what happened few weeks back. For me no law was broken here does the school have no Code of Conduct ?

But then again how can a university have only one bank domiciled within it that serves both staffs and students do they want a stampede ?

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by blingxx(m): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2020
olisaEze:
Next time you’ll think before you post something on SM.
I hope u now understand why children don’t joke about an elder’s bald head in his presence. grin

Pls point out the bad thing he said about the school you just dey misyarn anyhow ...they can never try this with unilag or lasu students ,them know na ..as long as freedom of speech dey

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Raylight2(m): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2020
Upon say the guy say protect, them still suspend am. What if he meant the students were to protect the school?

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by cloud(m): 10:07am On Nov 06, 2020
He said there will be "protect" not protest. With a good lawyer, he can really sue and embarrass the school authorities

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:

That's not a girl bro, its the VC's Facebook account, maybe he used his daughters pics as profile photo.
but #SayNoToRape
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by texazzpete(m): 10:11am On Nov 06, 2020
Some of you people on NAiraland are absolute clowns. How can you see what is obviously a joke and cheer on the extremely draconian decision to delay their education by one year?

Are you people nuts? See them on the first page, supporting crazy decisions like animals.

You people deserve your leaders. You deserve your suffering and punishment. Clowns.

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by IamPlato(m): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:

Be careful how you use that word called rape...

It can end a person's career
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by chipet67(m): 10:15am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:

That Ozo-Mekuri is the VC of the school.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by comrChris(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2020
And what's wrong with him demanding for more banks in the campus through protest, if it's done peacefully?
Which jobless VC goes about checking his students post on social media

So if any students in Absu calls for a protest against the 15k imposed on them in the name of pandemic prevention nonsense, the vc will suspend the person?

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Agugbadin: 10:16am On Nov 06, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Good for them
Posting anything that comes from your mind on social media is dogg shit

Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele is the vice chancellor using a female pics

Nothing wrong with using his children's picture. The so called Remmy is yet to commence 100 level studies and is already inciting students with his poor English. Even though he has a valid point, he would have suggested for more banks on campus. We can only ask for mercy, that the VC should tender justice with mercy since Remmy realized his mistakes, pulled down the post and apologized.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by mrkings84(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2020
ruggedtimi:
Ignatius no follow for the strike.

Ok, thanks
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by chipet67(m): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2020
lifeandjoy:
This girl never see something before. Nah this kind girl cultists go case comot from school one day...
Na their VC be that.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Odion2016(m): 10:19am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by NiceClothings: 10:20am On Nov 06, 2020
Honduras01:

Stupid rapist. Seun lalasticlala take this down please. This is too extreme
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by authority2006(m): 10:21am On Nov 06, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, I challenge you to mention any of my hate or tribal posts.

God bless us all.

It's not about those monikers among which I'm posting hate or tribal posts, just that some of us told people like him to stop spreading hate and fake news on social media. That's all.
He said that his family members were massacred at Lekki Tollgate and we asked him to show evidence like names of the victims, their pictures or family members looking for their children who went to Lekki and never came back home. It's about common sense. But people like him said that we should hate Hausas, Fulanis, Muslims, Northerners because they are evils.

@Kirchoffs: am I right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by authority2006(m): 10:24am On Nov 06, 2020
Kirchoffs:

You are one of them you this slimy chameleon...... I spit on you

Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanseK
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester
Emekaonline

[s] The shameless MONIKERS listed above are the various paid media thugs hired to spill hate and conceal EVIDENCE of death and massacre that happened live at the Lekki toll gate.....

They are very many here with over 200 different monikers which they use in trying to suppress the truth.....Bunch of lunatics who are mostly from the North..

Bunch of piss-poor people all because of 20k BMC money sold their dirty souls..... [/b]

Personally, I can feed you, your father, mother and siblings for as long as it takes without having to toil at all.
You spit on your mother

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Josywhyte: 10:25am On Nov 06, 2020
That ain't enough reason for them to be suspended na. What if at the end the info becomes true? What then become of the said students?
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Kirchoffs: 10:26am On Nov 06, 2020
authority2006:

It's not about those monikers among which I'm posting hate or tribal posts, just that some of us told people like him to stop spreading hate and fake news on social media. That's all.
He said that his family members were massacred at Lekki Tollgate and we asked to show evidence like names of the victims, their pictures or family members looking for their children who went to Lekki and never came back home. It's about common sense. But people like him said that we should hate Hausas, Fulanis, Muslims, Northerners because they are evils.

@Kirchoffs: am I right?
You are a joke, no one's asking you to hate anyone.....it's just a pity that people like you go around spewing hatred here on Nairaland......were you not the same sets of people who wanted to turn the #ENDSARS protest into a ethnic one??....all part of your divide and rule game

For the first time in history there was a synergy between the southerners and it made people from the North like you jittery.....so your ilk decided to go on a rumor spree.

We know very much you are a paid media thug of the northern oligarchy and BMC campaign.....who sold their souls for 20k naira....

I spit on your ugly head

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by MrBachelor: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2020
Sue the school.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by teknorazor: 10:29am On Nov 06, 2020
Let's pray for them, hopefully they will get the justice
NitroTekno
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by authority2006(m): 10:30am On Nov 06, 2020
Kirchoffs:
You are a joke, no one's asking you to hate anyone. ....it's just a pity that people like you go around spewing hatred here on Nairaland......were you not the same sets of people who wanted to turn the #ENDSARS protest into a ethnic one??....all part of your divide and rule game

We know very much you are a paid media thug of the northern oligarchy and BMC campaign.....who sold their souls for 20k naira....

I spit on your ugly head

Of course, you do. You spit on your mother's ugly head. Poor kid looking for attention. And I'm going to continue giving you.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Lamasta(m): 10:30am On Nov 06, 2020
The VC should be suspended too he is not serious
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Infamous(m): 10:30am On Nov 06, 2020
stag:
A student is suspended for having an opinion on a topic bothering him and his mates? For reasons best known to him, he "doesn't think" the exams will commence. Is this why he gets a 1year suspension?
Not that he expressly announced that the exams have been cancelled. That is when there may have been panic.

Has 'protest' become a crime? Or is calling for a protest on campus a crime??

SUG is dead in Nigerian schools.

Anyway, the student already chickened out.

Suspension without a fair hearing?

That overzealous handle harassing students should hide in shame.

I think the school is ridiculing itself undecided

This is the most underrated post on this thread. I like your reasoning.
Protesting is the right of the students. That’s the only way their requests can be heard.
Judging on the literal basis, his post contained the word ‘protect’. Even a law student can defend him and win the case.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Kirchoffs: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2020
authority2006:

Personally, I can feed you, your father, mother and siblings for as long as it takes without having to toil at all.
You spit on your mother
grin grin grin.....a servant of nepotism wants to feed me Quite laughable really..... You haven't taken care of your aged mother in Kano and your 45 other siblings cos I heard you guys give birth like the cows that you rear over there..

It's not my fault that the 20k BMC money isn't enough to cater for your numerous problems.....You might as well inform the "lifeless one" to look into it since you are his mouthpiece here...

Radarada
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by MikeMicheal(m): 10:32am On Nov 06, 2020
All I need to ruin the life of a student of the university, is to create a fake social media account in the student name and insult the VC.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by dantajay: 10:34am On Nov 06, 2020
The guy na mugu, Sue the school tell them say na protect you talk not protest. Case will be closed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mothers Tumble Over During A Parents Race At An Inter House Sport In Osun State / Osun State Polytechnic Lecturer Attends To Only One Student Who Paid School Fees / Unity Schools To Resume October 11 - Adamu Adamu, Minister Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.