Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts (29661 Views)

Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / Rivers University Student Finds Rusted Zinc In The Food She Bought In The Hostel / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2020
Just like that?

While I was a student, schools used to have disciplinary committee which invites students for fair hearing.

Ironically, the VC claims that only the Senate can say exams will not hold, yet he suspended a student all by himself without recourse to a committee akin to a Senate sitting. This is an abuse of privileges on the part of the VC. Is he a dictator who catches and sentences students all by himself?
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by dangotesmummy: 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2020
peppermint7:

The school judiciary system is nonsense. Useless Vc
after the tirade, All the students will STILL accept their reality and if they don't like the school they can leave and give space to decent students
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Spiff20(m): 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
Make that VC come nairaland, e go suspend students tire till school go empty. The guys didn't even say much that could trigger anything of the sorts the VC was insinuating. And why will a school have only one bank?
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by hardbody: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
Those guys should write JAMB and go to proper schools, Which backyard rustic village setting is that one. They should already leave the mumu school.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
Better leave that school, that course wey u dey study self no dey enticing. What's the gain self, wetin I know,nah I'm one go school nah
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Erojepromise(f): 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
come to think of it is protect the same as protest and how did the other guy spread falsehood on social media useless VC
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by peppermint7(m): 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
dangotesmummy:
after the tirade, All the students will STILL accept their reality and if they don't like the school they can leave and give space to decent students
How will a school have just one bank.
And if a student complains about it. The Vc suspends him or her. Useless pple.

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by missuniverse(f): 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
About an hour ago I heard the management of the school lifted the suspension ; but as a matter of fact,
I think the student raised a valid point to be considered by the school authority.

Having just one bank branch in the school where all payments are made is not nice.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Airing of opinion is not a crime

Making inciting and unverified statements that will trigger anarchy and confusion is a crime.school is for serious minded students who know what they're doing and not confusionists and anarchists.he should be made a scapegoat

When he causes confusion that results in the destruction of school properties will he pay? Will the responsibility not fall on the school to start fixing everything?
What inciting and unverified statements?maybe I didn't see that part
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by ABANGWABOI(m): 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2020
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

Nice one from the VC..
Suspend him for 5 years .
This little idiots of this generation feel the can post whatever they like on social media..
When I was an undergraduate.. I refrained from things like this and avoided any page linked to my institution..
This kids would never learn..
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by JIMMY1393: 2:13pm On Nov 06, 2020
stag:
A student is suspended for having an opinion on a topic bothering him and his mates? For reasons best known to him, he said he "doesn't think" the exams will commence. Is this why he gets a 1year suspension?
Not that he expressly announced that the exams have been cancelled. That is when there may have been panic.

Has 'protest' become a crime? Or is calling for a protest on campus a crime??

SUG is dead in Nigerian schools.

Anyway, the student already chickened out.

Suspension without a fair hearing?

That overzealous handle harassing students should hide in shame.

I think the school is ridiculing itself undecided
Is it not Nigeria again...nothing is fair...I pray the school burns down
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Hezzoe: 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
another day in this corntree!!!
ASUU STRIKE + 1EXTRA YEAR + X number of years before these ones go graduate... so VC dey do catfish join.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by backT(m): 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2020
That chibuzor Remmy should go to court. He didn't call for protest. He asked the students to protect not protest. Oga VC, be calming down.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by bilulu(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2020
stag:
A student is suspended for having an opinion on a topic bothering him and his mates? For reasons best known to him, he said he "doesn't think" the exams will commence. Is this why he gets a 1year suspension?
Not that he expressly announced that the exams have been cancelled. That is when there may have been panic.

Has 'protest' become a crime? Or is calling for a protest on campus a crime??

SUG is dead in Nigerian schools.

Anyway, the student already chickened out.

Suspension without a fair hearing?

That overzealous handle harassing students should hide in shame.

I think the school is ridiculing itself undecided
My brother Nigerians re living in bandage and they don't know it. How can you suspend student because of their opinion? Tyranny everywhere. Give some people the presidency and watch them more wicked than Buhari....

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by harborlargy(m): 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2020
SpiritFree:

You're a potential rapist then

Na the school VC account be that oooo just using her Daughter's pix as DP
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by lifeandjoy: 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
mattaz:
It's not a girl ooooo it's the VC's handle. Make una de read before commenting una nor go hear Okpemu!
Okpemu kee you there!
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by EmperorTolson: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
What the second guy even posted was that "There will be *protect*" not protest". So I believe this can be argued out in the court of law.
He might even sue his school.
cos where I graduated from, students dey challenge school management suspension o.
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by authority2006(m): 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2020
Worldliness:

If u really have the money why don't you give to those who actually need it.

Like members of your family, right? Don't put your mouth into the issue you knew nothing about. May be you should go back to where it started and understand how it started
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by ubunja(m): 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2020
Regex:
Ubunja, I managed to copy your latest post before it was hidden. The mods are being silly honestly.
hold on to it bro. I'll repost it. Apparently I spammed yesterday

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by NeonDee(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2020
dangotesmummy:
smh

A lot of people don't even realise that Social Media or Facebook is not as anonymous as you think even if you're using a fake name.

Invictus obi was tracked and caught not through Facebook but via his comments on nairaland

Don't forget the people that created and managing Facebook and other ICT stuffs are human beings and not spirits so don't think you're that elusive

Listen twice and speak once

For the records I don't know the VC or have any buisness with the school but the way youths this generation are completely reckless in speech and character makes them very vulnerable to destruction.

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by IamPlato(m): 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2020
Kirchoffs:

You are one of them you this slimy chameleon...... I spit on you

Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanseK
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester
Emekaonline

The shameless MONIKERS listed above are the various paid media thugs hired to spill hate and conceal EVIDENCE of death and massacre that happened live at the Lekki toll gate.....

They are very many here with over 200 different monikers which they use in trying to suppress the truth.....Bunch of lunatics who are mostly from the North..

Bunch of piss-poor people all because of 20k BMC money sold their dirty souls.....
check the front page topics you will find more intelligent people to add to your long list...

Please move my name up to the first five, I want to be amongst the first five most intelligent people in your list. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by NeonDee(m): 6:10am On Nov 11, 2020
dangotesmummy:
smh

A lot of people don't even realise that Social Media or Facebook is not as anonymous as you think even if you're using a fake name.

Invictus obi was tracked and caught not through Facebook but via his comments on nairaland

Don't forget the people that created and managing Facebook and other ICT stuffs are human beings and not spirits so don't think you're that elusive

Listen twice and speak once

For the records I don't know the VC or have any buisness with the school but the way youths this generation are completely reckless in speech and character makes them very vulnerable to destruction.
If only you knew the power of social media...

Check the URL link to the VC's Facebook post. The mumu VC had taken the post down. I also learnt the students have taken the case legally

1 Like

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Kirchoffs: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2020
IamPlato:
check the front page topics you will find more intelligent people to add to your long list...

Please move my name up to the first five, I want to be amongst the first five most intelligent people in your list. smiley
So you pride yourself as an intelligent person You lack common sense.....
Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by seanwilliam(m): 11:00am On Dec 29, 2020
Richiez:
shocked
hello rixhiez pls kindly check this screenshot.. this moniker cloned me and I’m afraid he might commit a crime with that name.. pls kindly look into this I beg .

I registered my account on may 2016, he registered his own on November 2020 . U know what this can cause .. pls look into it

Re: 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts by Johnwrite(m): 7:11am On Mar 10
Me wey no even sabi post seff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mothers Tumble Over During A Parents Race At An Inter House Sport In Osun State / Osun State Polytechnic Lecturer Attends To Only One Student Who Paid School Fees / Unity Schools To Resume October 11 - Adamu Adamu, Minister Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.