Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

The Secretary Of Defense Resigns - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Secretary Of Defense Resigns (1170 Views)

Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State / Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by Obrigardo: 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Mark Esper has prepared a letter of resignation, according to three current defense officials.

It's not uncommon for Cabinet secretaries to prepare undated letters of resignation during a presidential transition, giving the commander in chief the chance to replace them for a second term. The president decides whether to accept the resignation letters, and the process usually occurs after the election results are clear.

But defense officials say Esper prepared his letter because he is one of the Cabinet officials long expected to be pushed out after the election.

As his tenure may be coming to an end, Esper is helping members of Congress draft legislation that will strip names of Confederate leaders from military bases in a move that could put him further at odds with President Donald Trump.

While Esper considered issuing a directive that would order the secretaries of the Army, Navy and Air Force to change the names in their respective services — an order that could be overturned by Trump, who has strongly opposed renaming bases — he now plans to work with Congress to put language in the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) so the name changes will be written into law.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/long-odds-trump-defense-secretary-esper-has-prepared-resignation-letter-n1245846

Re: The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by globalresource: 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
Trump my guy. You made us laughed through year 2020 with all the funny things that came with it

How I wish you win as you are man of action and very blunt. You talk to much...but you always talk and do. You don't pretend. Reason the grass root people really like you

They call you anti-black. But they have forgotten you scold both chinese, russians, whites and any one alike.

They said you are racist but the economy was both good for black and whites pre covid era

Covid came and democrat blamed you for all the death forgetting that USA is the most exposed and many countries suffered from it and they keep encouraging their leaders except u

I hope you win Trump. You love your country and think about it first. How I wish our own Buhari is active like u, there won't be need for all those protests

I hope sending Trump away hoping for Biden won't be like when we sent Jonathan away and believing we have found a messiah in Buhari.

My opinion. Don't argue with me

I wish Americans good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by majamajic(m): 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
This election go long ooo
Re: The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by Charmingrascal(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2020
Obrigardo:
WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Mark Esper has prepared a letter of resignation, according to three current defense officials.

It's not uncommon for Cabinet secretaries to prepare undated letters of resignation during a presidential transition, giving the commander in chief the chance to replace them for a second term. The president decides whether to accept the resignation letters, and the process usually occurs after the election results are clear.

But defense officials say Esper prepared his letter because he is one of the Cabinet officials long expected to be pushed out after the election.

As his tenure may be coming to an end, Esper is helping members of Congress draft legislation that will strip names of Confederate leaders from military bases in a move that could put him further at odds with President Donald Trump.

While Esper considered issuing a directive that would order the secretaries of the Army, Navy and Air Force to change the names in their respective services — an order that could be overturned by Trump, who has strongly opposed renaming bases — he now plans to work with Congress to put language in the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) so the name changes will be written into law.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/long-odds-trump-defense-secretary-esper-has-prepared-resignation-letter-n1245846

Wahala for who carry America for head

Re: The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by AdaugoChisom(f): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
I thought is Nigeria
Re: The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by Rosskivci: 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2020
globalresource:
Trump my guy.

They call you anti-black. But they have forgotten you scold both chinese, russians, whites and any one alike.

He never said about whites or Chinese that ''I don't want no ni...ers counting my money'', leading to the sacking of black accountants at his businesses.

He never barred whites or Chinese from renting his flats, a racist crime against blacks for which he paid damages worth millions of dollars.

If you want to be his slave, you're welcome. Just don't distort the facts to suit your subservience.

2 Likes

Re: The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by globalresource: 11:59pm On Nov 05, 2020
Rosskivci:

He never said about whites or Chinese that ''I don't want no ni...ers counting my money'', leading to the sacking of black accountants at his businesses.

He never barred whites or Chinese from renting his flats, a racist crime against blacks for which he paid damages worth millions of dollars.

If you want to be his slave, you're welcome. Just don't distort the facts to suit your subservience.

My opinion. And I notice you cannot reply in a gentle way without been insultive. I am not a low life at all

Maybe u are biden slave then

Please don't quote me again
Re: The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by nazicartel(m): 12:17am On Nov 06, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
I thought is Nigeria
Let me give you an advise. See incase you see your self in a reputable office tomorrow in Nigeria and there's an issue that generally calls for your resignation and your sanity is telling you to resign and avoid the shame,, Beat your sanity and tell your sanity Nobody resigns in Nigeria no matter what
Re: The Secretary Of Defense Resigns by Dayoebe(m): 12:27am On Nov 06, 2020
some of us will live long to tell the story of how 2020 shook the world.
My grandchildren will learn from the finest historian !!!

(1) (Reply)

US Surgeon General Jerome Adams Asked To Step Down By Biden / This Is How Buhari Regime Would Have Been Recorded In The Bible / Russia Warns Of A Military Coup Against Sisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.