Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration (25669 Views)

Modupe Odele To Support Peter Obi Financially / #EndSARS: Modupe Odele, Rinu Oduala & Mr Macaroni Linked To Atiku By David Atta / Sunday James: Why Modupe Odele's Passport Was Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by envoymedia: 8:24am On Nov 06, 2020
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6236220/sunday-james-why-modupe-odeles

Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport - #EndSARS Frontliner, Moe Odele Fires Back At Immigration

#EndSARS frontliner, Moe Odele has fired back at the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) over claim that the seizure of her passport had nothing to do with the part she played in the demonstration against police brutality, IgbereTV reports.

Recall that the spokesman for the NIS, Mr. Sunday James stated that Moe's passport was seized as part of a routine routine border assignment . He added that whenever a restriction is placed on any individual, the immigration service is duty-bound to enforce it.

However reacting to this, Moe queried the NIS on who ordered the seizure of her passport. She affirmed that it is an ongoing constitutional breach of Section 38 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

The lawyer tweeted;

"What is so ironic is that as a kid, I grew up hearing stories like this of folks having passports seized with no reasons. They sounded like far away tales that could never happen to me you know. But look at where we are now. A few hours before I turned 31, it happened to me. Wild"
https://twitter.com/Mochievous/status/1324396871687708672?s=19

"Stop tweeting about it”

Why? So the world doesn’t see this ridiculous thing that is happening?"
https://twitter.com/Mochievous/status/1324397891222446087?s=19

"Common guys you can do better than this. What is this razz campaign in my mentions? So shameful tbh."
https://twitter.com/Mochievous/status/1324415605106233344?s=19

"Instead of rallying muppets to carry on a discrediting campaign, respectfully ask your people to release my passport. Why dis? So unnecessary."
https://twitter.com/Mochievous/status/1324416504708931585?s=19

"Let’s center the main issue. My passport was taken with no reason given. This is an ongoing constitutional breach.

Section 38 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended)

DSS v. Agbakoba (1999) 3 NWLR (PT. 595)"
https://twitter.com/Mochievous/status/1324424682972598276?s=19

"Okay who gave the order/directive and when can I please have my passport back?"
https://twitter.com/Mochievous/status/1324472081682235393?s=19

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by vanbonattel: 8:26am On Nov 06, 2020
Madam, ask Buharri brother and namesake

Muhammed Babandede born in Jigawa State, Nigeria in 1963 is the Comptroller General (CG) of the Nigeria Immigration Service NIS, before his appointment by President Mohammadu Buhari, he was the Deputy Comptroller General (DCG) of NIS, Operations & Passports.

29 Likes

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by vanbonattel: 8:33am On Nov 06, 2020
They've ready to fight all the peaceful protesters because they think we have no rights to protest peacefully since we are southerners. They will soon arrest you.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by mbaise1000: 8:42am On Nov 06, 2020
PROUDLY 5%

22 Likes

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by capatainrambo: 8:45am On Nov 06, 2020
The immigration boss is such a stupid person. Coming out to defend such rubbish.

Zombies

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by DesignYourLogo: 8:46am On Nov 06, 2020
Backward nation who is not willing to greet the future

Anyway please, I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your product or Company. For 2k Only.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Liposure: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2020
This people has bitten more than it can chew

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by sammysmiles(m): 9:23am On Nov 06, 2020
You are quoting constitution for people that are above the constitution...Nigeria na anyhow country!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Macphenson: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2020
There was a reason Fela called Buhari an "ANIMAL IN HUMAN SKIN".

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by sapientia(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2020
Second wave won't be funny.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by slimfit1(m): 11:56am On Nov 06, 2020
They are not smart at all. Sowore would have been chilling in New York with his family, instead they kept him in Nigeria to fight them so silly and lazy thinkers.

Keeping them in Nigeria wont stop the protest use your senses if you don't have one borrow. I travel with my American passport anytime any day.
Try to seize it let us see.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Biafrawemove: 11:57am On Nov 06, 2020
As they have all denied
Seems they can’t blame Nnamdi kanu
I think am the one that ordered it
Should I blame ojukwu
No !,na saro wiwa
With igbos they collide and seized your passport
I laughed
Well !is your turn today,might be seun turn tomorrow grin

12 Likes

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Charmingrascal(m): 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
You can't protest on the streets they will send thugs and Police to harass you and disrupt the protest.

You can't protest on social media Lai and his crew will term it hate speech and you will be threatened by this evil government.

This is a regime of tyranny and dictatorship
A regime of evil and hardship

41 Likes

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
Highest na Twitter, na where she get power.

Must the world know about everything.

All these mofos calling their handlers ffom around the world whenever they enter trouble. It irritates me.

Fight your troubles without involving the mob

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by ATEAMS: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Waitforit: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
Buhari the zombie dictator did

7 Likes

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by SWORD419(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
[center][/center]
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Nazgul: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
Why did she give it to them in the first place?

She could have simply told them that she misplaced it and has since applied for a new one. Abi Dem wan track passport ni
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
Banana republic
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by pepuson: 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
Nigerians take note, whenever you are trying to travel out of Nigeria, if you reveal that you were part of the EndSARS protest, immigration will seize your passport.
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Poko8: 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2020

E-COMMERCE, BUSINESS, SCHOOL OR CUSTOM WEBSITES
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12636394_67rfd67r6_jpeg825e340213064fde343f8c1d62e06e3c
CLICK HERE TO REACH OUT TO US
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Factfinder1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Nigeria had been swallowed by greed and reckless impunity and lack of human sympathy and the fear of God

4 Likes

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by yoyade1234: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by gasim89475: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
CONTACT US! TO RESERVE A SEAT TODAY
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by GIANTPLUSHUB: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
OK naaw

1 Like

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by slawormiir: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by uptimum123(m): 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Funny Girl

When you guys were having your time protesting,blocking our roads, infringing on other people's rights, causing hovoc, burning and looting you didn't know there was constitution... Now you wan run go Maldives to avoid the wrath of that same constitution..

Your time is here dear.. you and your cohorts shall reap what you sow.

Nigeria is our country and we won't stand by and watch you unpatriotic citizens burn it down for us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Englov(m): 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
Too bad
Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by careytommy37(m): 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
Feel the tyranny
Next elections, know the antecedents of the candidates

2 Likes

Re: Who Ordered The Seizure Of My Passport? - Modupe Odele Asks Immigration by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
Banana Republic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: Tinubu Has Set Standard In Leadership, Governance, Philanthrop / Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement / 774,000 Jobs: Senate Committee & Keyamo Exchange Words (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.