Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power (36585 Views)

Former President Jonathan To Commission Kashimbilla Dam, Airport / APC Took Jonathan To Court For Deploying Army During Elections! See Court Ruling / Russia Fires BACK As US Warning Trump It Will Withhold VITAL Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by CuriousMynd: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has again preached peace to nations around the world, saying it is preferable to gain honour and lose power.

Igbere TV reports that his Facebook post on Friday came at the time sources in US President Donald Trump’s camp said he was not considering conceding defeat if he loses the election to Democrat Joe Biden.

“Nobody’s ambition is worth the blood of any citizen. It is better to gain honour at the cost of losing power than to gain power at the cost of losing honour,” Mr Jonathan wrote.

“At any point in time, the power of love should matter more than the love of power.

“This is my philosophy. I have lived it. It has brought great peace to both my beloved nation and I. And I recommend it to all leaders facing challenging situations, either in government, or at the polls, or even in their dealings with fellow political actors.”

https://www.facebook.com/105479482835768/posts/3657040564346291/

Jonathan sought re-election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015.

In a move considered first in the nation’s history, he conceded defeat to the incumbent Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

117 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
I wish the best candidate all the best

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2020
Trump and his untrained sons should swallow their pride and congratulate the new president-elect, Joe Biden.

UnaToto

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by mide8989: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
Tell him sir.

Anyway, check my signature and join my telegram channel if you are a sport bettor. I am currently giving free games and we have not lost in over a week (since last Tuesday)

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
see who dey talk? so for GEJ mind now he gain honour after losing to Buhari in 2015.....

you saw you were losing and had no support outside to butress your claims of electoral fraud and same trump is losing yet crying foul cos he never imagine such.....

it's good to know wen the chips are down so that you dnt even enter the race to contest in the first place....GEJ would have gain more honour if you had never contested the 2015 election and allow the north complete their two terms!

44 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
CuriousMynd:
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has again preached peace to nations around the world, saying it is preferable to gain honour and lose power.

Igbere TV reports that his Facebook post on Friday came at the time sources in US President Donald Trump’s camp said he was not considering conceding defeat if he loses the election to Democrat Joe Biden.

https://www.facebook.com/105479482835768/posts/3657040564346291/

Jonathan sought re-election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015.

In a move considered first in the nation’s history, he conceded defeat to the incumbent Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Lalasticlala

Who would've thought a time like this would come, with GEJ giving valid political advice to a sitting American president?

Goodluck Jonathan was an incompetent administrator, no doubt, but the decisions he took on that election day back in 2015 have earned him a place in world history as a true statesman cool

275 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by sylve11: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
Very valid and wise words. Nice one @ Sir GEJ. As for me, I love honour and i will live by it...................... cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by slawormiir: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
The hero of democracy

It is now obvious that Jonathan was a real niggarr

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by oluwaseyi0: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
Tell the troublesome Trump

Chinemeremjosh0:
I wish the best candidate all the best

You mean you wish Joe Biden all the best

...you are welcome

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Englov(m): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
Ok

GEJ your decision served a lot of innocent life because PMB wouldn't have agreed otherwise.

Meanwhile, check out my signature for MTN Cheapest Data. Fast delivery, 30 days duration and reliable

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Kingpele(m): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
Tell trump ooo wise man the guy just dey para

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
very true,only God knows what would have happened if buhari lost in 2015,it would have been disastrous.

I'm happy all these things are happening during buhari's administration if it were a Christian the North would not have taken it.
but since they are the one in power,

I hope God will show them their wretchedness.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by NORSIYK(m): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
The fraud in this election is unprecedented.

Only Biden votes were increasing while that of Trump were static

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by yusufu16: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
Trump doesnt want to leave White House oh.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Epstein(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
GEJ should shut up!

Look at the mess Nigeria is now in - because his weak ar''see wouldn't fight the janja-weeds.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by uncleseries: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
see who dey talk? so for GEJ mind now he gain honour after losing to Buhari in 2015.....

you saw you were losing and had no support outside to butress your claims of electoral fraud and same trump is losing yet crying foul cos he never imagine such.....

it's good to know wen the chips are down so that you dnt even enter the race to contest in the first place....GEJ would have gain more honour if you had never contested the 2015 election and allow the north complete their two terms!
Forget baba. He said the truth

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Ibadansun1: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lobatan cheesy

Nigeria is now advising America about principles of democracy.

Trump really exposed America. grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Prodigee: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
Trump you better listen and do the needful

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by thoollz: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
U can't say because you are the president of a country, u'll be spewing thrash at different people. Trump cannot eat his cake and have it. Even if u want to talk be diplomatic about it. Blacks, immigrants, women etc felt the wrath of his mouth of the careless talker and he expects a 2nd term?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by lekki1444: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
grin Jonathan throwing shade at trump

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by SSIPON(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
Jonathan!
Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
You practiced what you preach.
For that you have my respect sir.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Joromi1: 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2020
True words. No wonder the comment garnered over 20k likes in just 3 hours. He's a man of peace and will always be known for that.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by urchcoded(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2020
Uncle jona borrow trump your phone, that one Dem Dy use concede defeat, congratulate your opponent. But wait oh. This US election na ABACUS Dem use Dy count am? I no come understand again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Farki: 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2020
Jonathan has spoken, even if we didn't like his presidency he still did the right thing in the end.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Openbusiness: 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2020
Power belongs to God! When Jesus appears in the clouds from Heaven again and subdues everyone and everything with his glory, then this world will finally know the meaning of REAL POWER!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
undecided
Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by RedPhoenix: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

Must you talk, talkative angry

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Trump: It Is Better To Gain Honour At The Cost Of Losing Power by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
Harkonnen:

Who would've thought a time like this would come, with GEJ giving valid political advice to a sitting American president?

Goodluck Jonathan was an incompetent administrator, no doubt, but the decisions he took on that election day back in 2015 have earned him a place in world history as a true statesman cool

Well said

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Obasanjo In 1998 Speaking To The Press On Release From Prison / Mc Oluomo Confirmed As Substantive Lagos State Chairman Of Nurtw / Abuja Blast Scene During Investigation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.