Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please (41068 Views)

Hilarious Photos Of What A Young Man Does For A Living(Very Funny Photos) / Names Of Online Shopping Sites In Nigeria, Please Kindly Contribute. / The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by babaijesha: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
But the thing is: you need to bring in a Fulani into your team. Trying to make it as an outsider is not going to work.
o you want to buy and sell mature cows, or buy calves and grow them into mature cows (very expensive and risky, not to talk of the logistics of feeding them and medicating them, + vaccinations against bovine illnesses), or do you want to buy and slaughter?

Buying and slaughtering in your space in a designated abbatoir in Abuja or Nasarawa after buying in Taraba state is the best. One of my boys reared cattle as a young boy, so I have the info.

I dont agree with you here, Rearing cows is not a rocket science, All you need is research, good feasibility study and contact with one of this Agric research institute or good vet to guide U.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by giftedmind: 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2011
Patience and good luck are the key words if you want to breed and make good money in animal husbandry. Some of us are so much in a hurry to 'hammer' like we usually say in Naija. This is not 419 or cocaine, it is a legitimate way to make it and thus u must go through the process. I agree with the comment of 7070. Staggers last sentence also make sence. You also get a cold room to store the meet and sell in your own meat shop. Most of us neglect businesses that are not flashy but that is where the pay is. The bottom line is;lets not leave this business alone, lets try our best. I assure who ever want to listen that the end result is worth the stress.case close. a word is enough for the wise. Our country is a blessed country. You only see that if you look inward.cheers1

1 Like

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Thethy(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2011
At THE THY AGRO-ALLIED ENTERPRISES,Tel: 08023050835 , 07033632285  it is also part of our strategic plan to incorporate cattle farming along with our grasscutter farming business.

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2011
How much?
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by chidyke77(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2011
giftedmind:

Patience and good luck are the key words if you want to breed and make good money in animal husbandry. Some of us are so much in a hurry to 'hammer' like we usually say in Naija. This is not 419 or cocaine, it is a legitimate way to make it and thus u must go through the process. I agree with the comment of 7070. Staggers last sentence also make sence. You also get a cold room to store the meet and sell in your own meat shop. Most of us neglect businesses that are not flashy but that is where the pay is. The bottom line is;lets not leave this business alone, lets try our best. I assure who ever want to listen that the end result is worth the stress.case close. a word is enough for the wise. Our country is a blessed country. You only see that if you look inward.cheers1
patience and goodluck lol
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by oolumide: 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2011
I have a cattle farm somewhere in Ogun state, i think it is not very capital intensive and less stressful compare to other farming.

Share your experience cattle farmers.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by clip: 2:25am On Feb 08, 2012
Please we need more constructive contribution on this tread.
where to get the cheapest cow and
how to solve the mafia challenge in the business.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by jmoore(m): 7:50am On Feb 08, 2012
I do not believe in this mafia thing. If they exist, you can bypass them. I don't think there will be problem trying to sell a cow I raised in Aba to meat sellers.

1 Like

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by babaijesha: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2012
jmoore:

I do not believe in this mafia thing. If they exist, you can bypass them. I don't think there will be problem trying to sell a cow I raised in Aba to meat sellers.

Mafia exist irrespective of your unbelief. How do you bypass them if you intend to take your products to the same market they control

The only way is to have a standard farm and create your own market within your environment. Once pple know, they will come to your farm instead of the std market.

3 Likes

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by babaijesha: 9:23am On Feb 08, 2012
clip:

Please we need more constructive contribution on this tread.
where to get the cheapest cow and
how to solve the mafia challenge in the business.

This is a tough one. U need to travel ard in the North and get location of mkts, I ve been to Shemi mkt, along your way to Gusau after Funtua.
There is also Kafu market on your way to Katsina via the Zaria axis, Other market also exists in Taraba axis, so u need to do a lot of travellin ard to compare prices or ask ard from local cow sellers,
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by jmoore(m): 9:54am On Feb 08, 2012
babaijesha:

Mafia exist irrespective of your unbelief. How do you bypass them if you intend to take your products to the same market they control

The only way is to have a standard farm and create your own market within your environment. Once pple know, they will come to your farm instead of the std market.

Exactly, you have stated how to bypass them. I was only stating that existence of mafia is not an excuse not to enter into cattle rearing.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by wasuka14(m): 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
giftedmind:
So, as a people, we need not chicken out bec someone is talking of an unfounded mafia in the cattle business. why are we educated in the first place? There is nothing wrong in taking a risk by trying. i commend the effort of the excorper that contributed earlier however, he chickened out too early. Me i have decided to go into the business and have gotten some plots of land somewhere in Jos. I will make it, thats sure. join me guys! in my second text, i mean to write herd and not heard.error regretted.

Weldone for your positive comments. If u are still available I will like to connect with you. Wasuka2008@gmail.com
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by phillings247: 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2016
pls has anyone tried cattle fattening,pls share ur experience
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Atmmachine(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2016
fm7070:
Hy,
this business is mostly run by illiterates who hardly come online.
however, big farms are never ready to expose their secrets online.

If you really want to do this business on a large scale, I can only advice you to travel to northern states for proper business survey. I have interest in the business, but my capital has not risen to what I desire, land is another factor.

It is a very profitable business, but capital gulping.
Who told you that ??
I'm the number 1 cattle dealer in the whole of south west and the eastern part of Nigeria.
Trust me, every cattle dealer in Nigeria knows me.
Why do you think cattle dealers don't use the internet ??

1 Like

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by JohnDanApeh: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
Advise me ooo. I and my Adamawa friend are traveling to Adamawa to start the buying and selling cattle by next week. That my trust me and I trust him. I didn't understand Hausa apart from come. He understands Hausa very well and pigin English which we use to communicate. He has be working for me for over 1½yrs now. The total seed capital with me is 500k. His the one that introduced me to the business. That he have be doing it b4 but due to money, he left it for his mum to take care of the little he has.
Pls, what is your stake about this idea?
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Freaknasty: 4:45pm On May 03, 2016
Update
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Rooneyboy(m): 4:09pm On May 22, 2016
stagger:
The best place to buy cows in Nigeria is the mambilla area of Taraba state.

But the thing is: you need to bring in a Fulani into your team. Trying to make it as an outsider is not going to work.

Hint:

Do you want to buy and sell mature cows, or buy calves and grow them into mature cows (very expensive and risky, not to talk of the logistics of feeding them and medicating them, + vaccinations against bovine illnesses), or do you want to buy and slaughter?

Buying and slaughtering in your space in a designated abbatoir in Abuja or Nasarawa after buying in Taraba state is the best. One of my boys reared cattle as a young boy, so I have the info.

I really admire ur contributions a whole lot .
The infos u dish out are always top-notch.

Seen u on

Gas plan bizz+ dollar Bizz+stock mkt bizz+making money online bizz etc
Keep it up boss
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by success9(m): 2:19am On Aug 23, 2016
oolumide:
I have a cattle farm somewhere in Ogun state, i think it is not very capital intensive and less stressful compare to other farming.

Share your experience cattle farmers.

I will like to visit your farm...please send your contact to vawolowo@yahoo.com
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by lastmessenger: 11:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
JohnDanApeh:
Advise me ooo. I and my Adamawa friend are traveling to Adamawa to start the buying and selling cattle by next week. That my trust me and I trust him. I didn't understand Hausa apart from come. He understands Hausa very well and pigin English which we use to communicate. He has be working for me for over 1½yrs now. The total seed capital with me is 500k. His the one that introduced me to the business. That he have be doing it b4 but due to money, he left it for his mum to take care of the little he has.
Pls, what is your stake about this idea?
how is your cattle business going? I do hope it is succesful.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by actually2: 9:53am On Nov 13, 2016
hey... I think this is d right place dat I can share my knowledge wit dos who ar willing to start cattle biznes.... am living in north east part of nigeria(Gombe)... I have vast experience in d cattle biznes cos dat is my fathers occupation.... am studying industrial chemistry in ABU zaria... u can ask me anything abt dis biznes
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by confluence: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
@actually2, tell us more about cattle business how much is an average size cattle in gombe and how do you think same will cost in places like lagos, PH etc
please show some pictures too if you have
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by ctmoni: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
actually2:
hey... I think this is d right place dat I can share my knowledge wit dos who ar willing to start cattle biznes.... am living in north east part of nigeria(Gombe)... I have vast experience in d cattle biznes cos dat is my fathers occupation.... am studying industrial chemistry in ABU zaria... u can ask me anything abt dis biznes

Hello bro,

Please i will like you to educate me more on cow business and i will appreciate if you can drop me your line to call and discuss more about this business.

Thank you.

Kolawole
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by otunbacarter(m): 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
5years! With commodities alone I can N5m in 1yr 6 months from 300k. Nobody should ask anything about cos I aint sharing, will love to but don't have the time.

@OP, pls don't bother going into cattle business, the thing is controlled by uneducated mafias in every single state of nigeria, you can go to the north to buy no problem but try selling it in the south to make a profit and you'll be shocked at the response you receive

Please share. I have close to that amount and would love to make millions from it thanks
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by ctmoni: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
otunbacarter:

Please share. I have close to that amount and would love to make millions from it thanks

Hello Otunba,

I'd like to invest or venture into any legit business. I'm an investor myself and i don't mind if you can contact me or send me your contact either.

Looking forward to read from you.

Michael
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by joinnow: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
During service myself and two other corpers saw the opportunity and were shocked at how cheap cattle is in the north, we did the feasibility study but didn't add the mafia because we didn't know such a thing existed. I combined money with another guy from my state and we bought one and sent down, the third guy did same to kogi. The cows got to their destination but we were unable to sell, it was really really bad we eventually sold after plenty begging and we were warned never to try such again. You'll be amazed what this people will kill for. Now that you know you can investigate and see how you can go about it. Lest I forget our man in Kogi was also not spared by the abokis in kogi. Alhajis no wan hear. Its like a southerner trying to sell dollars full time, you'll only get in trouble
U dont need to sell to then just form a cooperative down south build a slaughter get the sanitation /vet to come over before each cow is slaughter. But have ready made market and big freezer for left over.yoy can visit 50mama put cafeteria etc and be supplying them meat
Wetin com concern mafia

5 Likes

Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Antibel: 10:13am On Jul 14, 2018
Is it possible for you to buy cow, slaughter, dry and transport to the south for sale? How much will it cost.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by noblealuu: 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2018
joinnow:

U dont need to sell to then just form a cooperative down south build a slaughter get the sanitation /vet to come over before each cow is slaughter. But have ready made market and big freezer for left over.yoy can visit 50mama put cafeteria etc and be supplying them meat
Wetin com concern mafia

Hello people, pls let's revive this thread.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by noblealuu: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
otunbacarter:

Let's revive this thread pls.
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
I love this thread,can we get update from people who have ventured into it down south?
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by joinnow: 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2018
noblealuu:

Hello people, pls let's revive this thread.
Do you want to invest into the biz ?
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by noblealuu: 7:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
joinnow:

Do you want to invest into the biz ?

Yea brohh
Re: Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please by joinnow: 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
noblealuu:

Yea brohh
If serious and have cash hit me up.We take a trip to taraba( Manbila) or Niger state to buy young calf but the best time is march.
I have been to 30 state in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Starting A Pharmaceutical Marketing/distribution Company In Nigeria / Thread For Bakery Owners And Intending Owners In Nigeria / Nana Otedola 49th Birthday: Femi Otedola Celebrates His Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.