Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? (8399 Views)

Naima Adedapo Voted Off American Idol / Naimo Adedapo made it to American idol semifinal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by ekubear1: 8:00pm On Mar 15, 2011
@tpiah!: Relax o. You'll never hear me diss naija women.

Largely speaking, I'm beyond ethnicity and nationality when it comes to females anyways. . . I don't really care about that type of stuff.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by chic2pimp(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
fstranger3:

Well, my Asian female classmates have something like that. Something like, Non-Asian men only . And I am not kidding. It used to result in fights among them, Asians, and they could go weeks without talking to each other. But thank God, they now understand and respect each other's preference.
Hahaha True Talk. We call em' "ABA's" Anything But Asian

fstranger3:

I have met more hot Arabs than any other group in my life, I have a soft spot for Arabic language, falafel grin and a some sassy-ness. Did i mention that they exude this exotic and confident aura rarely found in other group besides Whites?

Are you saying Blacks are not Exotic and confident?. . . . .Well tbh, considering you are Black yourself, you are unlikely to find your fellow brethrens exotic looking.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by fstranger3(m): 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
chic2pimp:

Hahaha True Talk. We call em' "ABA's" Anything But Asian
Are you saying Blacks are not Exotic and confident?. . . . .Well tbh, considering you are Black yourself, you are unlikely to find your fellow brethrens exotic looking.

Are you Asian? and how did you know about that.

Never heard of ABA, but thanks for sharing!
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

@tpiah!: Relax o. You'll never hear me diss naija women.

Largely speaking, I'm beyond ethnicity and nationality when it comes to females anyways. . . I don't really care about that type of stuff.

well, i have no apologies to anybody, including the yoruba males on this forum who suffer from a severe inferiority complex due to the extreme ugliness of their female relatives.

other ethnicities celebrate their own, and i do not in any way feel guilty over doing the same.

This however does not mean I dont know many other races have far better looking male specimens than nigeria.

but I see no reason why i should carry that fact on my head.

Igbos marry outside their race more than you. How many of them have you seen dissing their women in like manner.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by chic2pimp(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2011
fstranger3:

Are you Asian? and how did you know about that.

Never heard of ABA, but thanks for sharing!
Nah I'm not Asian. . . . . . .  Just overheard a few of my asian friends call other peeps that.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by ekubear1: 6:16am On Mar 16, 2011
tpiah!:

well, i have no apologies to anybody, including the yoruba males on this forum who suffer from a severe inferiority complex due to the extreme ugliness of their female relatives.
Err. . . my female relatives are hot. In fact, truth be told. . . my half cousin for example, if she were not related to me. . .  grin cool tongue

other ethnicities celebrate their own, and i do not in any way feel guilty over doing the same.
Nor should you. Tis a free world, people should do what they like.

This however does not mean I dont know many other races have far better looking male specimens than nigeria.
Eh, when it comes to matters like this, ethnicity doesn't matter to me. I don't racialize/ethnicize it. It is pretty personal stuff. If you want to do so however, certainly your choice.

but I see no reason why i should carry that fact on my head.

Igbos marry outside their race more than you. How many of them have you seen dissing their women in like manner.
Show me once where I've ever dissed Yoruba women. I like them a lot. . . for compatibility reasons it'd probably be best if I marry one. I just don't have too many of 'em where I live.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^my post was a general one.

and my point is which kind of useless negro insists on badmouthing his fellow women just because he left his jungle backyard?

even if they/you're looking for who to scam, oro yen ju enu e lo.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by bahiyya: 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2011
I did a crazy google search and found that both her parents are African American who took African names from the Oyotunji commune. Her mother's name was Judy Williams and I can't get her father's name (who goes by Songodina Ifatunji). I think his last name is Morrison because i found a Mosi Ifatunji-Adedapo who used to go by Mosi Morrison. I'll find all the links and post them for you.

this from facebook:
Judy Williams" (Adekola Adedapo) Class of '65, her daughter Naima was on American Idol at Milwaukee auditions and breezed through the competition to the ,
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by fstranger3(m): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2011
^^^^

Thank you very much.

You are the best!

I really really appreciate your effort. grin
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by Kunbee: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
hmmm
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by bahiyya: 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2011
you're welcome, it was driving me nuts and i just had to solve the mystery. i found this whole biography on judy williams (her mother) the other day on google but i think she took it down. i was going to post it for you. it was from 1990 and it said how he moved to the commune for 2 years. then i found one on naima's father too which i also think has been removed but it said how he met naima's mother and decided he too wanted to "take an African name" and become a "traditional Yoruba priest" so he did. i wish i could find those two articles but they seem to have disappeared!

on a personal note, i think it's weird to be deceptive about your ancestry. i like naima and wish her the best but her actual story of being from an African American family who wanted to get back in touch with and honor their ancestry is much more interesting in my opinion than simply trying to be deceptive about your background or outright lying (some websites say she is Nigerian born or is the daughter of Nigerian immigrants which is absolutely not true at all). in my mind she should be proud to be Nigerian by choice" instead of being Nigerian by chance (meaning born there or the daughter of parents born there).
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by Esinwaju: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2011
Someone should put up a picture of the lady in question for the benefit of those that don`t/are not opportuned to watch the show. People like moi.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by fstranger3(m): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2011
Her picture is on the first page!

And you can also check:

www.google.com
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2011
bahiyya:

you're welcome, it was driving me nuts and i just had to solve the mystery. i found this whole biography on judy williams (her mother) the other day on google but i think she took it down. i was going to post it for you. it was from 1990 and it said how he moved to the commune for 2 years. then i found one on naima's father too which i also think has been removed but it said how he met naima's mother and decided he too wanted to "take an African name" and become a "traditional Yoruba priest" so he did. i wish i could find those two articles but they seem to have disappeared!

on a personal note, i think it's weird to be deceptive about your ancestry. i like naima and wish her the best but her actual story of being from an African American family who wanted to get back in touch with and honor their ancestry is much more interesting in my opinion than simply trying to be deceptive about your background or outright lying (some websites say she is Nigerian born or is the daughter of Nigerian immigrants which is absolutely not true at all). in my mind she should be proud to be Nigerian by choice" instead of being Nigerian by chance (meaning born there or the daughter of parents born there).

the little info available is still there.

not much about her personally though.

but in general, appearance and place of origin are the yardsticks to use when you're not sure if someone is nigerian or not.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by Esinwaju: 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
@ fstranger My post was laced with sarcasm. The picture on the frontpage is fucking hideous so i chose to delude myself to believe that you guys were talking about someone else.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by bahiyya: 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
Either way she's my favorite in the competition and i hope she wins smiley
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by whiteroses(f): 2:45am On Mar 24, 2011
y'all have another pic of her before i pass my judgement she looks like shes on crack here
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by favouredjb(f): 2:28am On Mar 25, 2011
something off abt her looks.
Re: Is Naima Adedapo 100% Nigerian? by tpia5: 1:38pm On May 14, 2011
any updates?

as usual, fstranger was on rampage.

i wish someone cared.

i suppose somebody does?

monkey no fine but im mama go still likeam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rihanna Hikes Up Her Skirt And Rides A Statue( 18+ Pics) / Tonto Dikeh Wanna Be, Princess Pemu Flaunts Her Massive Backyard On Instagram / Past Vs Present: Simply Tacha Was Called An Instagram Olosho At BBN Audition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.