Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

King Kanu Plans For Testimonial! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / King Kanu Plans For Testimonial! (1593 Views)

Emenike Blasts NFF For ‘disrespecting’ Yobo’s Testimonial / Pictures From Kanu Testimonial Match / Gov. Fashola Captained Super Eagles All Stars For Kanu's Testimonial Match(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

King Kanu Plans For Testimonial! by henry101(m): 3:10am On Mar 15, 2011
Nwankwo Kanu will officially call time on his international career during a testimonial game in Lagos in June.

The former Nigeria captain, who turns 35 in August, has not been involved in the Nigeria set up since last year's World Cup in South Africa and friends of the Portsmouth forward a planning a testimonial game for him.

"Some of my friends are planning to have a testimonial for me in June," Kanu told KickOffNigeria.com. "I think after 17 years in the national team, they appreciate what I have done and want to give me a befitting send off."

The game will be organised by World Wide Ventures and is expected to feature Kanu's former team mates from Ajax, Inter Milan, Arsenal, West Brom and Portsmouth along with some selected star players.

They will line up against a Nigeria All Star team dating from the Super Eagles teams of 1993/94, the Olympic gold medal winning team of 1996, and some players of the current Eagles squad who played with Kanu.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/20729/nwankwo-kanu-plans-for-testimonial.php

(1) (Reply)

Over Aged Flying Eagles Players Exposed! / 10 Reasons Why Chelsea Will Win The Premier League / Ger V Bra: Player Ratings - Top Brazilian Paper Rates EVERY Brazil Player ZERO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.