Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,048 members, 7,849,234 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate (1305 Views)

Supreme Court Declares Frank Ibezim, Imo North Senator-Elect / Imo North: Court Fixes Date For Ruling On Uwajumogu’s Case As Senator-elect / Expel Okorocha From APC - Araraume, Uzodinma, Izunaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Dansuqi: 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
A Federal High Court sitting in Owerri, the Imo State capital has nullified the candidacy of Mr Frank Ibezim to represent the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Imo North senatorial district bye-election.

Justice Garba Ringim, who delivered the judgement on Friday also nullified the victory of Ibezim as the winner of the APC primaries conducted on September 3, 2020.

He, thereafter, declared Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as the authentic and rightful winner of the primary election.

The presiding judge also ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to immediately substitute Ibezim’s name with that of Senator Araraume.

He explained that Ibezim’s candidacy was nullified on the ground that he did not participate in the September 3 primary election of the APC.

According to Justice Ringim, this is because there was a petition by the APC Screening Committee that he and five others were disqualified for not meeting basic requirements.

He, therefore, held that any vote allotted to Ibezim was a nullity in the eyes of the law.

Reacting to the judgement, one of the counsels to the plaintiff, Wale Olajide, commended the court for doing a thorough job.

He noted that the grounds in which his client approached the court had been affirmed by the judge.

However, efforts to get the counsel to the defendant proved abortive.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.channelstv.com/2020/11/06/imo-north-court-orders-inec-to-replace-ibezim-with-ararume-as-apc-candidate/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiqh5vh1-7sAhVOQEEAHTgxDB0QFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3dPB5-KNH1BX1fWM_rOs3n

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nosryk
Corrosiveman
Kahal
Kyase
Imo1stborn
Fergie
AWOL
Helinues
Juliusmalema
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by kelechi50: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hmm another inconclusive primary grin Loading
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Dansuqi: 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
kelechi50:
Hmm another inconclusive primary grin Loading

How? The primary is over since
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Dansuqi: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2020
I actually prefer araraume to ibezim
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Kyase(m): 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Imo and court
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by fergie001: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2020
Imo case sef!

It will get to the Supreme Court for sure.

Rochas/Ararume v Nwajiuba/Uzodinma.
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Dansuqi: 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2020
fergie001:
Imo case sef!

It will get to the Supreme Court for sure.

Rochas/Ararume v Nwajiuba/Uzodinma.

I see araraume emerging victorious
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by fergie001: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
dansuqi.....I modified my earlier comments;

The Appeals Committee also stood with the Screening Committee.....Ibezim could succeed on appeal.

The question now will be:

Can the NWC overturn the decision of its Appeals Committee?

...Based on the APC Constitution, the NWC has the final say.

So Ibezim is RIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Nairalanderz(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by EMMY76: 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
Ararume don't want to retire and leave the stage for other younger politicians from okigwe zone. The man just keeps contesting every political office in imo state.
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Dansuqi: 12:20am On Nov 07, 2020
fergie001:

The Appeals Committee also stood with the Screening Committee.....Ibezim could succeed on appeal.

So Ibezim is RIGHT.

True
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by kingi777: 2:22am On Nov 07, 2020
The statement says Sir Frank Ibezim was disqualified on the basis that he didn't contest the APC primary election; but I can categorically say that Ibezim defeated all other contestants in that primaries. Governor Hope with his supporters including the NWC of APC were with Frank. Well, let's see what happens with the appeal.
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:35am On Nov 07, 2020
Doesn't matter! There's no way any APC efulefu can win a free and fair election in Imo! They're all shameless riggers....the one being replaced and the one replacing him, b'cos you can't build something on nothing!
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Dansuqi: 10:05am On Nov 07, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
Doesn't matter! There's no way any APC efulefu can win a free and fair election in Imo! They're all shameless riggers....the one being replaced and the one replacing him, b'cos you can't build something on nothing!

No one can win araraume in okigwe my boy
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by fergie001: 10:11am On Nov 07, 2020
Dansuqi:

Ararume might defect or back another Candidate, he will never let it lie low.

This is the last strand he can hold on to 'cos Uzodinma/Nwajiuba are desperate to kick out the old guard.
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by AngusTV: 11:30am On Nov 07, 2020
Hmmn!!!
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by kahal29: 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2020
fergie001:

So Ibezim is RIGHT.

Correct
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by kahal29: 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2020
Dansuqi:

Na lie... That's my territory. Ararume's influence in Okigwe starts and ends in Isi Ala Mbano
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Emyzoloye5(m): 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2020
sen Ararume....na political force for okigwe zone ...

that's wat Supreme Court gov.Uzodinma is afraid of ....he might highjack the party structures from him (uzodinma). if given the opportunity to return as a senator
Re: Imo North:court Orders Inec To Replace Ibezim With Araraume As Apc Candidate by Dansuqi: 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
kahal29:

Na lie... That's my territory. Ararume's influence in Okigwe starts and ends in Isi Ala Mbano

What of ibezim

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News : Akeredolu’s Chief Of Protocol Feared Dead In Road Accident / Reno Omokri Blast Eastern Governors / Asaba Delta State Capital Complied With Sit At Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.