Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

When Will I Be Called For Interview - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Will I Be Called For Interview (1648 Views)

My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? / Must I Be Vaccinated Before I Can Fly Within Nigeria / U.S Visa Dropbox Regular Asked To Come For Interview But No Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will I Be Called For Interview by Arry110(m): 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2020
Good day
My mum (a green card holder)petitioned for me to come over
I don’t really know much about it - her lawyer is doing everything, I got a physical letter last week from NVC, Out of curiosity I logged in with the details
My category is F2A, visa class- F22 , my priority date is 17 - Jan - 2019
So i wanted to know like when the whole process will be over and I’d be ready to go
I’m still in year one , just felt like knowing
I’ll appreciate your replies

1 Share

Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by yellochuq(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hi, at the current speed, it could be anywhere from 12 months to12 years.
let that sink in ...12 years? Yes.
- if your Mom ( petitioner ) becomes a citizen , your category changes from F2A to F1(petitioner MUST notify them of the change ) - this can move the speed up to less than 12 months .
- If you(beneficiary ) are under 18 years.
- If your Petitioner has citizenship from China or Mexico (this is just as an example), the priority dates are backed up, maybe up to 12 years.
if its okay , i'll share some tips with you ...
- be patient .
- Be Patient ( this was not a typo, i repeated it to establish the point grin )
-I would advise you to hold on with any marriage plan if you're still single (this is not nice to say : but F1 category works faster for single unmarried Beneficiaries and your Mom may likely upgrade you to F1 from your present 2A in a matter of time ). But love is all about Patience and sacrifice, so feel free to ignore this part.
- bE Patient
- learn skills , anything is useful even shooting skits, studying insects and animal lifestyle or learning plumbing, carpentry or welding...(you'll thank God for this - later when you arrive).

i'll advise you to look out for the monthly visa bulletin (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2021/visa-bulletin-for-june-2021.html) its a resource that shows you when your priority date is current.
good luck

1 Like

Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by Arry110(m): 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
yellochuq:
Hi, at the current speed, it could be anywhere from 12 months to12 years.
let that sink in ...12 years? Yes.
- if your Mom ( petitioner ) becomes a citizen , your category changes from F2A to F1(petitioner MUST notify them of the change ) - this can move the speed up to less than 12 months .
- If you(beneficiary ) are under 18 years.
- If your Petitioner has citizenship from China or Mexico (this is just as an example), the priority dates are backed up, maybe up to 12 years.
if its okay , i'll share some tips with you ...
- be patient .
- Be Patient ( this was not a typo, i repeated it to establish the point grin )
-I would advise you to hold on with any marriage plan if you're still single (this is not nice to say : but F1 category works faster for single unmarried Beneficiaries and your Mom may likely upgrade you to F1 from your present 2A in a matter of time ). But love is all about Patience and sacrifice, so feel free to ignore this part.
- bE Patient
- learn skills , anything is useful even shooting skits, studying insects and animal lifestyle or learning plumbing, carpentry or welding...(you'll thank God for this - later when you arrive).

i'll advise you to look out for the monthly visa bulletin (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2021/visa-bulletin-for-june-2021.html) its a resource that shows you when your priority date is current.
good luck
Thanks for your input
It’s actually less than a year for me
Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by Taal17: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2021
Arry110:

Thanks for your input
It’s actually less than a year for me

yes, hopefully yours should be ready fpr interview this year
Re: When Will I Be Called For Interview by Lade456: 12:26am On Feb 07
Hello
have you gotten your visa now?
Arry110:
Good day
My mum (a green card holder)petitioned for me to come over
I don’t really know much about it - her lawyer is doing everything, I got a physical letter last week from NVC, Out of curiosity I logged in with the details
My category is F2A, visa class- F22 , my priority date is 17 - Jan - 2019
So i wanted to know like when the whole process will be over and I’d be ready to go
I’m still in year one , just felt like knowing
I’ll appreciate your replies

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Travel, Visa, Permit Tips Here! / Us Visa Lottery Help! / I Need Info On Ebonyi State/ Abakaliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.