Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers (104002 Views)

‼️the Lexus GS 350 Is Not Just A Car. It’s An Experience.✅✅ / Do You Remember This James Bond's Car? It's Going For N126,000,000(Pics) / My Toyota Corolla 2006 Was Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by DonnyE(m): 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2020
ak22:

My friend Honda was stole there last week too
So it's not just Toyota, Honda too. But how do they manage to steal a parked modern car without the cars?? Or was it snatched too?
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Ajibade123(m): 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
007inc:
I love to study in Germany
check my signature for my Watsapp contact
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by mannasseh(m): 9:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
Hotzone:

Inform tactical unit of the police for proper flagging of the vin

I would have assisted u but u may be the ones killing police(us)

Please help us, we don't kill police men
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Hotzone(m): 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2020
mannasseh:

Please help us, we don't kill police men

In cases like this, stop media reporting if u wish to achieve or get the suspect arrested rather trust the police by reporting at the *appropriate* authority and monitor the process. Beware, recent criminals use social media so discussing it here gives them edge to evade arrest
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by ariesbull: 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2020
DonnyE:

What car do you drive?
Benz (4matic)
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by DonnyE(m): 10:04pm On Nov 08, 2020
ariesbull:
Benz (4matic)
grin grin grin
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by mannasseh(m): 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2020
Hotzone:

In cases like this, stop media reporting if u wish to achieve or get the suspect arrested rather trust the police by reporting at the *appropriate* authority and monitor the process. Beware, recent criminals use social media so discussing it here gives them edge to evade arrest
Ok
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by ariesbull: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
DonnyE:

grin grin grin
naso.....
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
ariesbull:
Benz (4matic)
There’s no Benz model called 4matic

4matic is simply to indicate a certain Benz model is equipped with the 4 wheel drive system.

What Benz do you drive?
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by ariesbull: 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

There’s no Benz model called 4matic

4matic is simply to indicate a certain Benz model is equipped with the 4 wheel drive system.

What Benz do you drive?
I know ... I drive a benz ML and that is a 4WD which is 4matic... Yo< know the name and I own the car
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by sonnie10: 12:17am On Nov 09, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Corolla is not cheap, a used 03 car with bland interior and aesthetic at over 2M is not cheap.
Let me put it into perspective how much is evil spirit Honda Accord? That Corolla is overpriced in Nigeria and it’s due to the bandwagon and overhype by Naija non-petroheads, hence putting it in demand.

You can do a market survey yourself and see what I’m saying
Corolla 2003 -06 is not overpriced at #2m. At that price, the Nigeria factors you mentioned does not drive the price. Price of tokumbo cars are mostly driven by exchange rate.
Let puts this in perspective; consider what goes into importing a used corrolla
1 actual price of car abroad minimum $1500 at 450 exchange rate
2 shipping @ $1200
3 Delvery of car by towing to port of exit $150
4 Document $100
5Clearing at Lagos #450k
Add miscellaneous of about #100k to put it in order
Total #1.87M
So if you are a dealer, after making all these expenditures how much would you sell the car to make some profit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by mecussey(m): 12:52am On Nov 09, 2020
onyechez:

I heard the engine is used for speed boat, the engine is 1m-1.5million naira according to a local mechanic, you can easily sell the engine and make profit. Criminals like such cars in Nigeria because of the engine spec.

Haba how can a car of 1.5m carry engine of 1m? I think there is a kind of propaganda by mechanics that the motor saves fuel and the parts are available. Most cars parts are available and fuel economy is according to usage and maintenance. I don't see any big deal in the corolla. The car no dey enter me self
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 09, 2020
sonnie10:

Corolla 2003 -06 is not overpriced at #2m. At that price, the Nigeria factors you mentioned does not drive the price. Price of tokumbo cars are mostly driven by exchange rate.
2 shipping @ $1200
4 Document $100
5Clearing at Lagos #450k
Total #1.87M
So if you are a dealer, after making all these expenditures how much would you sell the car to make some profit?

It’s like you missed the part where Nigerians place ridiculous bids on it at auction
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Midex88(m): 6:22am On Nov 09, 2020
You shall see it
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by mannasseh(m): 6:32am On Nov 09, 2020
Midex88:
You shall see it
Amen
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by ariesbull: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Corolla is not cheap, a used 03 car with bland interior and aesthetic at over 2M is not cheap.
Let me put it into perspective how much is evil spirit Honda Accord? That Corolla is overpriced in Nigeria and it’s due to the bandwagon and overhype by Naija non-petroheads, hence putting it in demand.

You can do a market survey yourself and see what I’m saying
that car is overpriced
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by ariesbull: 7:32am On Nov 09, 2020
sonnie10:

2 shipping @ $1200
4 Document $100
5Clearing at Lagos #450k
Total #1.87M

that car is bland
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by UDbester(m): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2020
Oceanfield:

So its not safe too,Which safety measure do we now adapt?

Just don't drive late at night
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by adubam(m): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
waleadeagb:
Hello,

Though this is a good device to install on your car but it has it disadvantages too which I feel can be more than loosing the car.

For instance, if an armed robber jack your car and decided to take you with the car and fortunately for you, the car stopped after 4 minutes.....that could be a disaster for you cos he might not even ask you any questions before shooting or harming you.

Second, fortunately you were attacked and dropped off the car. What is the guarantee that the robbers wouldn't come for you when the car stop within 4minutes while you are still in shock and looking for a ways to get out of the vicinity. Remember, 4minutes is just a little time.

The best protection..

Get a comprehensive car security tracking system that will be able to communicate the car location,relay discussion in the car to your phone, off and on the car with your phone. Work basically with GPS and can easily be installed hiddenly without anybody knowing except you and the installer.

**Police will even ask you if you install tracker cos it makes police job so easy. Let's say you have trackers now, I can tell you 100% that the car would have been found by now...

***Another factor to be consider if the car can still be found is the mode and manner they used in getting the car off the driver. If the robbers are many or attacked with another vehicle. Likelihood they want to use the car for an operation and later dump it somewhere.

***Tell all the mechanics you know in PH and spare parts dealers in PH and Aba. Get InTouch with friends that knows the key people in Ikoku spare parts Market, also get InTouch with the police station at Olu Obasanjo road port Harcourt, will cost you some money with the police but 60% assurance the car might be recovered.

***Also, be mindful that December, Xmas is just at the corner. I believe the car ain't gonna be scrap and sell parts like that....a crazy idiot might buy it from them in PH or neighbouring states especially ABA, Abia State...get InTouch with the police in those neighbouring states especially the highway patrol police department....high possibility that some crazy idiots are looking for Xmas money to spend on booze and some stupid girls....

***I live in PH too and infact, along NTA road, Akpara lane after Everyday Supermarket. So many terrible things happen around this our roads. I drive like a mad man whenever I am coming back home late at night or when it's getting dark cos anything can happen. I have paid Ransome for kidnapped friends before they were released on this same road last 3weeks when they were taken to Igbo Etche, so please try and explore my suggestions while I try too to look out from my own side. Port Harcourt is fucking crazy and unsafe place to live presently. Good luck. I have your number and will get InTouch if anything comes up.....my email is wallrichy@yahoo.com

[color=#990000][/color]

Just sell your product and leave. Where do you see armed robbers with the intention to hijack a car go with the owner.

And if they decided to go with the owner; do you think he would not activate the car while inside to prevent it from going off?

4 minutes is far better than your tracker that can be deactivated and made useless.

Comprehensive insurance is good but don't forget that even if you buy a car for 15million they might even value for 5million.

I prefer my 4 minutes switch device that switches off the engine and makes the robbers to abandon the car for me to pick it up than any other device.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by mannasseh(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2020
Pls dont hesitate to share this
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by adubam(m): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
SUPOL:
Mine Toyota Corolla 03 was also stolen last week by wuse market with
Chassis No: 2T1BR32EX3C736351

Wuse Market? Na wa o
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by sonnie10: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

It’s like you missed the part where Nigerians place ridiculous bids on it at auction
I addressed it, however that premise faulty.
First Nigerians are not the only people bidding on those auctions.
But most importantly, if you are familiar with those auctions you might have noticed that most run and drive cars do not start with anything less than $600.
Now here is the implication;
Even if a couple of people bid and the final price is $800, there are still other costs to contend with.
1 Auction fee. $300
2 Bidding agents fee $150
3 Towing from auction ground $100
Therefore you have $800 + $550 = $1350
Remember if you are transferring this amount from Nigeria, bank charge of up $100 might be included.
Bottom line, that is how you get an old Corolla for $1500.
The price has nothing to with Nigerian love for itfor the car, instead it relies on exchange rate.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
sonnie10:

I addressed it, however that premise faulty.
First Nigerians are not the only people bidding on those auctions.
But most importantly, if you are familiar with those auctions you might have noticed that most run and drive cars do not start with anything less than $600.
Now here is the implication;
Even if a couple of people bid and the final price is $800, there are still other costs to contend with.
1 Auction fee. $300
2 Bidding agents fee $150
3 Towing from auction ground $100
Therefore you have $800 + $550 = $1350
Remember if you are transferring this amount from Nigeria, bank charge of up $100 might be included.
Bottom line, that is how you get an old Corolla for $1500.
The price has nothing to with Nigerian love for itfor the car, instead it relies on exchange rate.
How much is evil spirit Honda, it’s usually less than 2.4M almost same range for this bland 03 corolla

What is it you are saying about exchange rate again?
A 2010 Toks Ford Edge is currently going for 2.5M asking price.
Bro it’s unnecessary hype and demand that’s pushing up the price of that Corolla
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by sonnie10: 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

How much is evil spirit Honda, it’s usually less than 2.4M almost same range for this bland 03 corolla

What is it you are saying about exchange rate again?
A 2010 Toks Ford Edge is currently going for 2.5M asking price.
Bro it’s unnecessary hype and demand that’s pushing up the price of that Corolla
You still don’t get the point.
It does not matter what car you buy, all those miscellaneous expenses must be added. In fact, even if get a car for free at the auction, you still have to spend and pay those fee to get it exported. Those are costs that you cannot negotiate. Something like overhead, if that is the right term.
Whether you buy an 08 accord, Ford Edge or Lexus, you are not done until you make those expenses.
In case you intend to bid for a car, keep mind that they would be additional expenses plus cost of buying.
Here is where you missed it, and I will help you understand how. Now it makes sense to buy a newer car instead of an old car because you are still going to spend the same amount on overhead ( except cost of clearing).
The common sense question would be, why buy an older car then? First consider the clearing cost at Lagos of a new car. Sencodly, not everyone has the additional money to bid for a newer car. Lastly, people look at the long term implication, cost of maintenance ; parts etc.
You keep saying that hype pushes up even when I have shown you the details of how a car of $800 in USA finally end up being sold for #2M
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
sonnie10:

You still don’t get the point.
It does not matter what car you buy, all those miscellaneous expenses must be added. In fact, even if get a car for free at the auction, you still have to spend and pay those fee to get it exported. Those are costs that you cannot negotiate. Something like overhead, if that is the right term.
Whether you buy an 08 accord, Ford Edge or Lexus, you are not done until you make those expenses.
In case you intend to bid for a car, keep mind that they would be additional expenses plus cost of buying.
Here is where you missed it, and I will help you understand how. Now it makes sense to buy a newer car instead of an old car because you are still going to spend the same amount on overhead ( except cost of clearing).
The common sense question would be, why buy an older car then? First consider the clearing cost at Lagos of a new car. Sencodly, not everyone has the additional money to bid for a newer car. Lastly, people look at the long term implication, cost of maintenance ; parts etc.
You keep saying that hype pushes up even when I have shown you the details of how a car of $800 in USA finally end up being sold for #2M
Is that why an 03 bland Corolla costs over 2M and an 04 accord (ex trim) cost 1.5M. Or why an 03 Corolla costs almost as much as an 09 accord?

By your explanation newer cars should cost more but over bidding by Nigerians for corolla is what pushes the price of that corolla. that’s my point.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by sonnie10: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Is that why an 03 bland Corolla costs over 2M and an 04 accord (ex trim) cost 1.5M. Or why an 03 Corolla costs almost as much as an 09 accord?

By your explanation newer cars should cost more but over bidding by Nigerians for corolla is what pushes the price of that corolla. that’s my point.
If the start bid price of a car is $600 and the final bid is $800, is that what you consider as over bid? This is usually the case when those Corollas are brought out for bid.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by ariesbull: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2020
DonnyE:

So it's not just Toyota, Honda too. But how do they manage to steal a parked modern car without the cars?? Or was it snatched too?
it is easier to steal a car with electronic security . The best way to secure your car is bia keys
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by ariesbull: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

That 03 corolla is a stupid car... Very empty no soul ... It's taxi drivers that made the car expensive

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by och12(m): 9:49am On Mar 30, 2021
I still prefer the 4mins auto-off device.

With this one that you mentioned, the robbers will most likely steal your phone too. So how will you activate it?

waleadeagb:
Hello,

Though this is a good device to install on your car but it has it disadvantages too which I feel can be more than loosing the car.

For instance, if an armed robber jack your car and decided to take you with the car and fortunately for you, the car stopped after 4 minutes.....that could be a disaster for you cos he might not even ask you any questions before shooting or harming you.

Second, fortunately you were attacked and dropped off the car. What is the guarantee that the robbers wouldn't come for you when the car stop within 4minutes while you are still in shock and looking for a ways to get out of the vicinity. Remember, 4minutes is just a little time.

The best protection..

Get a comprehensive car security tracking system that will be able to communicate the car location,relay discussion in the car to your phone, off and on the car with your phone. Work basically with GPS and can easily be installed hiddenly without anybody knowing except you and the installer.

**Police will even ask you if you install tracker cos it makes police job so easy. Let's say you have trackers now, I can tell you 100% that the car would have been found by now...

***Another factor to be consider if the car can still be found is the mode and manner they used in getting the car off the driver. If the robbers are many or attacked with another vehicle. Likelihood they want to use the car for an operation and later dump it somewhere.

***Tell all the mechanics you know in PH and spare parts dealers in PH and Aba. Get InTouch with friends that knows the key people in Ikoku spare parts Market, also get InTouch with the police station at Olu Obasanjo road port Harcourt, will cost you some money with the police but 60% assurance the car might be recovered.

***Also, be mindful that December, Xmas is just at the corner. I believe the car ain't gonna be scrap and sell parts like that....a crazy idiot might buy it from them in PH or neighbouring states especially ABA, Abia State...get InTouch with the police in those neighbouring states especially the highway patrol police department....high possibility that some crazy idiots are looking for Xmas money to spend on booze and some stupid girls....

***I live in PH too and infact, along NTA road, Akpara lane after Everyday Supermarket. So many terrible things happen around this our roads. I drive like a mad man whenever I am coming back home late at night or when it's getting dark cos anything can happen. I have paid Ransome for kidnapped friends before they were released on this same road last 3weeks when they were taken to Igbo Etche, so please try and explore my suggestions while I try too to look out from my own side. Port Harcourt is fucking crazy and unsafe place to live presently. Good luck. I have your number and will get InTouch if anything comes up.....my email is wallrichy@yahoo.com

[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License / ♓SPEEDY VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT/RECORD By VIN/PLATE NO +234-806-036-5068♓ / ❇️ INSTANTCOMPREHENSIVE VEHICLE HISTORY RECORD For Used & Tokunbo Vehicles❇

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.