Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,305 members, 7,850,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:14 PM

2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run (1589 Views)

Oyegun: Jonathan Not Among Screened Presidential Aspirants / 2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan Not Declaring - Reno Omokri / Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by PeterOnu(m): 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
Yemi Itodo

A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr. Garus Gololo, on Sunday, warned former Nigeria's President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) against contesting the 2023 presidential election.

Though Gololo admitted that it would be the turn of the South to produce the next President, but he said it would certainly not favour Jonathan as it is no longer for South South region.

Gololo, while speaking to newsmen in Abuja on Sunday, said it would be foolhardy for Jonathan to think he could still win any election in Nigeria.

Some northern groups and associates of Jonathan in the South, according to Sunday's Nation newspaper edition, had reportedly met in Abuja, while considering drafting the Bayelsa-born politician to gun for 2023 Presidency.

Their calculation is that, the Presidency can return to the North in 2027 since Jonathan, if he wins in 2023, will be ineligible to contest again.

But Gololo, while reacting to questions, said such calculation was evil and selfish.

He said, "I'm from the North and I want to say it emphatically that power should return to the South in 2023 for eight years.

"Northerners are not the only Nigerians in this country. I can't support such evil and selfish permutations. And for Jonathan, he should rather go and rest. If he dares to contest, we shall do to him what we did in 2015".

Dr. Gololo also warned the former President to be weary of some political jobbers who may be muting the idea of drafting him into the contest.

He said, "there is nothing wrong in asking someone to come out to contest, but what makes the difference is the votes. The votes shall decide who becomes the next President and if PDP like, let them give it to Jonathan, same fate shall repeat itself, like in 2015".

When asked which region should produce the next President from the South and if he had anyone in mind, the national APC Chieftain said there are many other capable hands in the South that can deliver.

"It must not be Jonathan. He was there before and we all know what happened then. Let's try fresh people who have capacity. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is there. He has enough capacity.

"I would even prefer PDP giving it to Jonathan so we all mobilise and team up for Tinubu in APC and Jonathan's defeat will shock him, like Donald Trump. We are wise now and this country is bigger than any individual", Gololo added.

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by GreatInRock(f): 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by TossTos: 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
He Cautioned Jonathan Not to run and caution TINUBU to run
, him , his party members , his family go vote for them
What If Jonathan con run under APC ?
Gololo go run go NYPC

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Elvictor: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2020
Yoruba people go cry tire, North dealing with everyone since 1960

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
Professor Osinbajo for 8 years...
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Toosure70: 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2020
Elvictor:
Yoruba people go cry tire, North dealing with everyone since 1960
Yorubacan never join to cry Lailai. It is the symbol of your region.
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Fahdiga(m): 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2020
Jonathan will run and we the Yoruba Muslims will vote for him

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Elvictor: 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
Toosure70:
Yorubacan never join to cry Lailai. It is the symbol of your region.

are you sure?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Macphenson: 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
Interesting
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by yarimo(m): 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
as it is GEJ can not win even council chairmanship in his state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Moferere: 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
Just look at the Gololo of a man.
Gololo like Tolotolo

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Moferere: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2020
yarimo:
as it is GEJ can not win even council chairmanship in his state

So, that's why he has been cautioned?

Ẹ pẹ̀lẹ́ Mr. Aworawọ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by ChangetheChange: 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2020
When asked which region should produce the next President from the South and if he had anyone in mind, the national APC Chieftain said there are many other capable hands in the South that can deliver.
"It must not be Jonathan. He was there before and we all know what happened then. Let's try fresh people who have capacity. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is there. He has enough capacity.
grin grin grin
Another Tinubu paid conman, he said Jonathan should not contest rather Tinubu should contest...werey mad man

I still can't understand the all of a sudden Nation Newspaper and TVC obsession with Jonathan contesting 2023, why are they jittery and disturbed, This is like the 10th article in less than 2 months by Tinubu owned Nation Newspaper against Jonathan contesting for Presidency in 2023.
Tinubu and his associates sponsored reverse psychology will not work on Nigerians, GEJ has every to contest like every Nigerians, Tinubu too can try his luck if he feels he is popular since he claimed he is the father of all Democrats in Nigeria grin grin grin

GEJ entering the presidential race will alter the entire Nigeria political terrain.
GEJ has only one term to rule if he runs for Presidency, which is why the Northerners all of sudden want Jonathan back as President at all cost.
Any southerner that contest against Jonathan whether Osibanjo or any southerner, will lose woefully---Quote me.

The Northerners will vote overwhelmingly for GEJ, the South South and South East will always vote GEJ as long as his on the ballot.

If both APC and PDP zone their Presidential ticket to the South. the only thing that can prevent Jonthan from becoming President again by 2023 is if he doesn't contest, which is why all of a sudden different faceless groups and individuals under the payrolls of some desperate politicians like Tinubu are being sponsored to issue press statements telling GEJ not to contest in 2023 and he should remain as an Elder statesman grin grin grin I laugh them.

I repeat no southern Politician will defeat Jonathan in 2023 whether it is Osibanjo, Peter Obi, Tinubu, Akinwunmi Adesina, Donald Duke, Amaechi, Wike , Makinde or any southerner, GEJ will get block votes from the Northerners in addition to the inevitable Votes coming from South East and South South -Quote me

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by favor914: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2020
ChangetheChange:
GEJ entering the presidential race will alter the entire Nigeria political terrain.

GEJ has only Term to rule if he runs for Presidency, which is why the Northerners all of sudden want Jonathan back as President at all cost.

Any southerner that contest against Jonathan whether Osibanjo or any southerner, will lose woefully---Quote me.

The Northerners will vote overwhelmingly for GEJ, the South South and South East will always vote GEJ as long as his on the ballot.
If both APC and PDP zone their Presidential ticket to the South. the only thing that can prevent Jonthan from becoming President by 2023 is if he doesn't contest.
I repeat no southern Politician will defeat Jonathan in 2023 whether it is Osibanjo, Peter Obi, Tinubu or any southerner, GEJ will get block votes from the Northerners-Quote me
Perennial Losers Mr Transformation Agenda indeed, Mr stealing of public funds is not corruption, first question the press should ask him when he declares to run, is Sir where is your girlfriend former Minister of Petroleum Madam Allison Madueke? If he chooses he can run under the cockerel party (APGA)?
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by ChangetheChange: 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
Perennial Losers Mr Transformation Agenda, he can run under the cockerel party (APGA)?
U go wail tire, confused janaja-weed baba sope head slammer monkey.
SORO SOKE
Tell ur messiah Tinubu to enter the 2023 Presidential race and test his popularity and contest against Jonathan in 2023, ur and Tinubu will go into comma , shock and partial stroke even before the results of at least 13 states are announced by INEC .
Even the Buhari ASO Rock cabal are already demarketing Tinubu before 2023...go to the North now, they have come up with a slogan in hasua/fulani language #Nigeria No be Lagos similar to the #Edo No be Lagos. U na go hear word be force.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
2023 might yet be the turn of the Ibos if they have enough sense to not present a thief like OUK.
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Rhapsodia: 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2020
Okay cheesy

This old fools still talking about 2023 when we are dieing of hunger in 2020.... I hope and pray there will be alive in 2023
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by favor914: 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2020
ChangetheChange:

U go wail tire, confused janaja-weed baba sope head slammer monkey
Wail like 2015, or 2019?
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by favor914: 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
ChangetheChange:

U go wail tire, confused janaja-weed baba sope head slammer monkey
Tell ur messiah Tinubu to enter the race and contest against Jonathan in 2023, ur and Tinubu will go into comma , shock and partial stroke even before the results of at least 13 states are announced by INEC
Why should Tinubu run, when Osinbajo is the Chosen One, Anointed in waiting? Mumu Jonathan That privatized Electricity, ask his Kinsmen if they have electricity in Otuoke, Bayelsa State? Useless Man, pdp Zombie.
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by NigerDeltaIgbos: 7:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
When you see a noble man, you will know and this Dr. Galolo is certainly one. Imagine the selfishness of those wanting GEJ to contest, primarily with the intention to seize power once again and deny Southern Nigeria their turn.

Well, GEJ may be a gentleman but that doesn't mean he is stupid enough to accept such poisoned chalice. He is now a reputable African Statesman who is respected all over the continent and beyond. With the way he is going, contributing to peace and stability across Africa, he may become a strong contender for Nobel Peace prize so why would he rubbish everything by coming back to manage a country that Buhari and his goons would have destroyed beyond repair?!

Oga GEJ, you better ignore this Greek gift for your own good.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by favor914: 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:
When you see a noble man, you will know and this Dr. Galolo is certainly one. Imagine the selfishness of those wanting GEJ to contest, primarily with the intention to seize power once again and deny Southern Nigeria their turn.

Well, GEJ may be a gentleman but that doesn't mean he is stupid enough to accept such poisoned chalice. He is now a reputable African Statesman who is respected all over the continent and beyond. With the way he is going, contributing to peace and stability across Africa, he may become a strong contender for Nobel Peace prize so why would he rubbish everything by coming back to manage a country that Buhari and his goons would have destroyed beyond repair?!

Oga GEJ, you better ignore this Greek gift for your own good.
You mean Country Jonathan destroyed, Mr stealing of public funds is not corruption? Incompetent deputy Governor, turned Vice President, thanks to Obasanjo’s selfishness? To choose a dying Yaradua & incompetent clueless Ebele?
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by NigerDeltaIgbos: 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
ChangetheChange:

GEJ has only one term to rule if he runs for Presidency, which is why the Northerners all of sudden want Jonathan back as President at all cost.

If both APC and PDP zone their Presidential ticket to the South. the only thing that can prevent Jonthan from becoming President againby 2023 is if he doesn't contest, which is why all of a sudden different faceless groups are issue press statements telling GEJ not to contest in 2023 and he should remain as an Elder statesman.

I repeat no southern Politician will defeat Jonathan in 2023 whether it is Osibanjo, Peter Obi, Tinubu, Akinwunmi Adesina, Donald Duke, Amaechi, Wike , Makinde or any southerner, GEJ will get block votes from the Northerners in addition to the inevitable Votes coming from South East and South South -Quote me

It is in GEJ best interest never to consider this poisoned chalice they're presenting to him. He will be the greatest fool to return to the ballot when he barely survived the previous one and is gradually building an awesome reputation for himself.

He has little or nothing to gain by returning but everything to lose.
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by NigerDeltaIgbos: 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
You mean Country Jonathan destroyed, Mr stealing of public funds is not corruption? Incompetent deputy Governor, turned Vice President, thanks to Obasanjo’s selfishness? To choose a dying Yaradua & incompetent Ebele?

Well, you can call him all manner of unprintable names but the reality is that he is currently building an awesome reputation for himself across Africa and beyond. Coming back to Aso rock won't do him any good but will rather destroy him.
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by favor914: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:

It is in GEJ best interest never to consider this poisoned chalice they're presenting to him. He will be the greatest fool to return to the ballot when he barely survived the previous one and is gradually building an awesome reputation for himself.

He has little or nothing to gain by returning but everything to lose.
Pdp must field Atiku, or he will destroy the party.
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by ChangetheChange: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
Why should Tinubu run, when Osinbajo is the Chosen One, Anointed in waiting? Mumu Jonathan That privatized Electricity, ask his Kinsmen if they have electricity in Otuoke, Bayelsa State? Useless Man, pdp Zombie.
Continue ranting, na only one vote u and ur fellow zombies get, when 2023 election comes, if GEJ is on the ballot, u can go drink sniper cos none of ur Osibanjo or Tinubu would get half of GEJ electoral votes cast across the entire country--Quote me again. The block votes for GEJ from the North who are desperate for his return to Presidency cos of he will serve one term is game over for ur demigods(Tinbuu/Osibanjo)

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by favor914: 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:

Well, you can call him all manner of unprintable names but the reality is that he is currently building an awesome reputation for himself across Africa and beyond. Coming back to Aso rock won't do him any good but will rather destroy him.
Which awesome reputation, errand boy for Buhari?, or to be observating election in Congo, & South Sudan is building awesome reputation? is there electricity in his Local Government? Ordinary Mali he couldn’t deliver? Make I hear word jare, I will forever be cursing him, give us electricity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Karlifate: 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2020
No be only caution, na lotion.

His decision is solely his.
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by favor914: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
ChangetheChange:

Continue ranting, na only one vote u and ur fellow zombies get, when 2023 election comes, if GEJ is on the ballot, u can go drink sniper cos none of ur Osibanjo or Tinubu would get half of GEJ electoral votes cast across the entire country--Quote me again. The block votes for GEJ from the North who are desperate for his return to Presidency is game over for ur demigods(Tinbuu/Osibanjo)
He can run under The cockerel party APGA? best of luck to him, & his pdp contender Atiku.
Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by ChangetheChange: 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
Karlifate:
No be only caution, na lotion.

His decision is solely his.
My brother no mind those clowns.
I don't know what they are scared of.
If Jonathan is inconsequential and has no electoral value, why are these clowns now feeling unclam, perturbed about his candidacy and telling him not to contest.

If they feel GEJ will lose, they should not worry themselves about GEJ losing , they should leave and allow him contest and test his popularity.
Their reverse psychology can not work.Nigerians are not fools
GEJ is a Nigerian and has right to contest for any elective position as long as he is a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by ChangetheChange: 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
He can run under The cockerel party APGA? best of luck to him, & his pdp contender Atiku.
E pain am well well...SORO SOKE dada, we can feel ur anguish

Re: 2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run by Karlifate: 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2020
ChangetheChange:

My brother no mind those clowns.
I don't know what they are scared of.
If Jonathan is inconsequential and and has no electoral value, why are these clowns now feeling unclam, perturbed about his candidacy and telling him not to contest.

If they feel GEJ will lose, they should not worry themselves about GEJ losing , they should leave and allow him contest and test his popularity.
Their reverse psychology can not work.Nigerians are not fools
GEJ is a Nigerian and has right to contest for any elective position as long as he is a Nigerian
They're scared of the unknown.
You know quiet people can be dangerous.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southeast States To Begin Joint Security Patrol / If We Insist On Rotational Presidency Then It Must Be Middle Belt, SE -kogi Gov / 2023:PCG Dump Tinubu, Adopts Osinbajo Candidacy To Consolidate Buhari's Legacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.