Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back (1965 Views)

Now That Apple Has Discontinued XS Max, What Next?? / How To Install Obb Files Successfully, I Need Help / What Is So Special? This Browser Costs 80,000 Naira On Google Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Flytime: 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Kunja2:
hmmm... I doubt if that's a good strategy
actually it is

It's better than deezers method which you might not end up getting the song you wanted

Spotify makes free possible because of its unskippable ads but it's not available in this region

What would you say about apple Music payment before listening method, and it not like you're allowed to download the songs for offline purposes, you'll have to buy the songs from iTunes Store if you're on ios
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Xionez(m): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
Veiniously:

Put all music in one player it will show all

If you ment "Put all music in one folder", then all my music files is in one folder.
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by just2endowed: 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
rapcy:
Exit your Google Play Music app, go to settings=apps=play music= clear cache. Then off your internet, open the play music again, you can now use your old playmusic.

NB: whenever you want to open playmusic, always off your internet

i found another way around., clear data and cache of google play music. open it and it will start working....it works like charm
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Kunja2: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
Flytime:
actually it is

It's better than deezers method which you might not end up getting the song you wanted

Spotify makes free possible because of its unskippable ads but it's not available in this region

What would you say about apple Music payment before listening method, and it not like you're allowed to download the songs for offline purposes, you'll have to buy the songs from iTunes Store if you're on ios
audiomack and SoundCloud. These are free and more seamless
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Mhaey01(m): 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
Kunja2:
ads are annoying on audiomack. Pls try YT Music. It's beautiful
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Flytime: 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
Kunja2:
wrong

I can't say much about SoundCloud so I'll focus on audiomack

Audiomack doesn't have license to many major songs from major artist that's why you won't see a lot of songs plus you can't compare quality

I can wake up one day sing and record a song and upload it to audiomack if I want unlike those which focus on main artists

Most of my songs can't be found on audiomack and those that were found gets removed because they are not licenses and if it's kept on their server they are risking law suits

If you search for a by b the chances of you getting a tampered version is high on audiomack unlike the main music services which would give you what you search for not a song ruined by one random dude and won't be removed because they can't get sued since its not in its original form

Most of my songs are gone from audiomack very useless platform, I'll open the app and the next thing so so so has been removed but I can't blame them,they can't go bankrupt for one song

Audiomack doesn't pay artist that upload there so they don't bother uploading there,even if they make it'll be peanuts compared to what other platforms would be giving them

Only very few major artist upload there,I'm not talking about nigerian artist and some of hem don't even know their songs are there

Burna boy for example deletes his old albums from the platform immediately he releases a new one and only uploads the new one

Most Nigerian artists upload there not for profit but for listens so they'll brag about so so so million streams on audiomack because majority of us in this region are less likely to pay for music and would just download pirated copies online

Majority of us including me have been guilty of that but I see that as a stressful thing and would rather pay than to search and download

The moment Nigeria creates a law protecting artist and maybe banning pirates copies and the numerous sites with them they'll probably remove their songs from audiomack and other small platforms

Audiomack is mainly for upcoming artists because I can upload any song I sing there unlike YT music Spotify and the likes

2 Likes

Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by rapcy(m): 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
just2endowed:

i found another way around., clear data and cache of google play music. open it and it will start working....it works like charm

Don't clear Data. Clear cache only, because if you have playlist, clearing data would clear all you've saved.

2 Likes

Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Karex81(m): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
lipsrsealed shit music player. For me I rather download my songs and listen to them free of charge, without paying any stupid subscription.
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Kunja2: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2020
Flytime:
wrong

I can't say much about SoundCloud so I'll focus on audiomack

Audiomack doesn't have license to many major songs from major artist that's why you won't see a lot of songs plus you can't compare quality

I can wake up one day sing and record a song and upload it to audiomack if I want unlike those which focus on main artists

Most of my songs can't be found on audiomack and those that were found gets removed because they are not licenses a d if it's kept on the right server they are risking law suits

If you search for a by b the chances of you getting a tampered version is high on audiomack unlike the main music services which would give you what you search for not a song ruined by one random dude and won't be removed because they can't get sued since its not in its original form

Most of my songs are gone,from audiomack very useless platform, I'll nautical open the app and the next thing so so so has been removed but I can't blame them,they can't go bamkrupt for one song

Audiomack doesn't pay artist that upload there so they don't bother uploading there,even if they make it'll be peanuts compared to what other platforms would be giving them

Only very few major artist upload there,I'm not talking about nigerian artist and some of hem don't even know their songs are there

Burna boy for example deletes his old albums from the platform immediately he releases a new one and only uploads the new one

Most Nigerian artists upload there not for profit but for listens so they'll brag about so so so million streams on audiomack because majority of us in this region are less likely to pay for music and would just download pirated copies online

Majority of us including me have been guilty of that but I see that as a stressful thing and would rather pay than to search and download

The moment Nigeria creates a law protecting artist and maybe banning pirates copies and the numerous sites with them they'll probably remove their songs from audiomack and other small platforms

Audiomack is mainly for upcoming artists because I can upload any song I sing there unlike YT music Spotify and the likes
I can't help but agree with you. Well, I've not tried Spotify cos it won't let me have an account, maybe cos of my region. What's the title of your song?
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Flytime: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2020
Kunja2:
I can't help but agree with you. Well, I've not tried Spotify cos it won't let me have an account, maybe cos of my region. What's the title of your song?
you can use vpn to access Spotify but I see it as stressful

I don't have a song I just gave an example, but i know people who has
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Kunja2: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
Flytime:
you can use vpn to access Spotify but I see it as stressful

I don't have a song I just gave an example, but i know people who has
oh alright.
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by just2endowed: 7:24am On Nov 13, 2020
VPN will drain your juice
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Calabar1stSon: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
just2endowed:
Google play music is no more available for use but instead, Google replaced Google play music with YouTube music whixh is pathetic.
Get Powerarm Premium.
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Elxandre(m): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Xionez:
Just finally installed YouTube music. And yes, it doesn't load local music...totally.
I have 1000+ careful curated music and it didn't load any.
I trimmed it down to 20 or so and it loaded.

Well, I guess it's actually not worthwhile.
BlackPlayer has been my default and will remain to be so.
IMO, nothing really beats playing music locally especially if you make interstate movements or network is very inconsistent.
you can download songs too with the streaming apps to listen offline.
It's just so stressful looking for music to download nowadays.
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by just2endowed: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2020
Elxandre:

You will hardly see
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by micxwell(m): 8:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Elxandre:

Very stressful!....
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by Deicide: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
Just go to Apk pure and download the old version of the app shikena
Re: Google Play Music Discontinued : How To Install It Back by iPresh4s(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
Well, I have both on my phone, but I still prefer Play Music. Had to install an older version then restrict internet access to the app.

Still enjoying it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Mobile Network Data Last? / Nokia Phones In Nigeria. / Super Bluetooth Hack. Somebody Pls Tell Me Wot I Can Use It For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.