Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper (818 Views)

Ben-Bruce Shares A Cartoon By The Sun Newspaper / See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper / The Many Evils Of Governor Ikedi Ohakim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by nykast27: 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2011
Reading the news on Mallam Nuhu Ribadu this morning on his statement about his willingness to step down for a northern candidate I came to a conclusion that The Sun Newspapers has lost its credibility in terms of News reporting in Nigeria.

Everything the man said except what the headline stated was in quotes. I have searched everywhere online to look for other reports on this since he wasn't the only one present when Mallam was being interviewed. And besides, there is no provision on their website to make comments.

To me, they are totally irrelevant to news reporting in nigeria!
Re: The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by Newscaster: 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2011
but if it was against PDP you will be the first one to carry the news.
Re: The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by AljUche: 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
the sun newspaper is ethnical bigoted and lack credibility in all fronts
Re: The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by friedrice1: 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
the only reason sun Newspaper still sells today is because of "Fashion Court"
Re: The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by bestman09(m): 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2011
It is very stupid of you to say that. Did Ribadu say that he was misquoted? It just shows that he has nothing to offer this nation and perhaps he has been fronting for Buhari.

GOODLUCK NIGERIA
Re: The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by jason123: 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2011
TBH, that newspaper is the most skewed one sighted newspaper I have ever read. SMH
Re: The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by Beaf: 11:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
All the time GEJ people were crying out about the Sun, some of you guy's were loving and vouching for it. Abeg, the story is true jare!
I de laf o! grin grin grin
Re: The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by nykast27: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2011
bestman09:

It is very silly of you to say that. Did Ribadu say that he was misquoted? It just shows that he has nothing to offer this nation and perhaps he has been fronting for Buhari.

GOODLUCK NIGERIA

I'll mention that it so happens that people like Ribadu don't also consider the Sun as a news reporter anymore. They have better news to listen to. But this is causing a lot of commotion on the Internet. we expect that since they reported he said something, then it should be reported in quotes just as everything else he said. How come everything except the headline is reported in quote, my concern.
Re: The Many Evils Of The Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
@OP You are telling a long and unnecessary story
You talk as if Ribadu is helpless, and cannot refute what was reported.

Are you Ribadu?

Has Ribadu denied the report?

If the Sun lied against him, He can always sue them to court, but am sure they must have recorded whatever he said as evidence.

(1) (Reply)

Sai Shekerau / Whose English Is Better: Buhari - Ribadu - Dame Jonathan? / Why Acn May Support Pdp In A Run-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.