Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Candid Letter To Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Candid Letter To Gej (757 Views)

My Candid Letter To The Senate President - PENDULUM BY DELE MOMODU / My Candid Letter To Saraki By Dele Momodu / Re: Candid Letter To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Letter To Gej by bomb1(m): 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2011
Your excellency,last year, you said you were focussed on d job rather than think of contesting. So what have u achieved almost a year after?

1. Corruption?-------- The unprecedented celebration of d release of Bode George and your representation at d church service coupled with his presence at your rallies summarises your stance. Aside this, the bankers who stole and wrecked the funds of depositors are set free after "serving" 2 yrs in hospital or running away to UK and returning when d coast is cleared by THE AUTHORITIES. So the higher d amount you steal the less your punishment. Little wonder a female civil servant cornered NGN 800m of pensioners’ funds. The women can't afford to be left behind u must say. Kill corruption and every other thing would fall in place.

2. Firmness?-------- Everyone know that you are not your own man almost a year after, this leaves much to be desired.OBJ became his own man within 3 weeks of resumption by restructuring the office and personnel and believing and standing by what he says and this made his team to be focussed because they knew they had a "cover" in baba but can't misbehave as baba would flush them out. But your administration reminds me of Shagari 1979-83 where his reports were very busy looting and squandering while he was too confused at what to do. You need to be convinced and prepared before u can succeed in a country with diverse culture, economic level and religious background. Be your own man!

3. Power? ----- u promised us 6,000 megawatts by december 2009 as d head of d presidential emergency committee on power. So was it dat u promised without understanding d issues on ground? How much money did your committee appropriate and how much work was executed? Any failed contracts and what did you do to recover our money.What lessons were learnt, any foreign expertise needed? e.t.c

4. Education?------ it is at d lowest ebb ever, check waec and neco results. All we have now are per-boiled graduates. But u go about promising universities with thinking of how to make at least one of the existing schools be amongst d top 1000 in the world. The children of the privileged travel to usa and europe,d above average go to south Africa, Ghana, togo, sudan and even benin but d children of the honest and probably poor are forced to read in nigeria where the lecturers are not appreciated. To make a living they sell handouts and d innovative ones get consulting jobs with blue-ship companies. The students now strive to make a name by applying for all d available reality shows in africa. The first class (lawyers, accountants, scientists and engineers) are employed 2nd class upper (administrators from any profession with MBA from Harvard et al).But u know what, their success depends on d policies formulated by 3rd class holders (d politicians).All of them must however bow to those with pass or dropouts who terrorise d peace of all with misdemeanour acts. Education has been turned upside down by 12 yrs of PDP. Bring education back to its glorious days when the best hands remained in the ivory towers passing knowledge to the next generations

5. Industry?----- the perfect alternative to education would have been to create viable opportunities for those with talents other than schooling to make a living. The richest men in d world did not go to school. Provide power and industrial sector would return to its glorious heights. Nigerians are not lazy and having worked and been to 33 states in Nigeria. I can tell u that poverty knows no religion or tribe, it is human!.We hardly have a made in Nigeria pencil not to talk of car. Shame!

6. Sports?-------- Gone are d days when Nigerians challenge for honours at world (not regional or commonwealth jamborees)level. When I was growing up,we read week in week out than Mary Onyali came 2nd in a 200m race in usa and Innocent Egbunike won d 400m race.The following week,we would here dat falilat just shattered d 400m African women record by beating a strong field to become the IAAF continental world champion or nduka odizor is in d 4th round(last 16) of wimbledon open in tennis.What do we have now? Court cases at all level of nigerian football,nfa (or nff),npl,womens league,amateur league.shame!Government must hands off our sport administration and allow private enterprises to run them.

7.Tourism?-----The most clement weather for tourists is in plateau state,such a great state with cool weather and nice fruits and crops with very accommodating indigenes. Also port Harcourt was truly a garden city b4 1999 where night life was fun, safe and refreshing. But all that is past and would never return if your style of leaderships where u do not engage in dialogue with honest intentions of resolving the varying problems. No sane person would travel to a place where peace is few and far between.

8. Security?-------- Security and tourism and inextricably intertwined and u must know and they are diametrically opposed to chaos, terrorism, kidnapping and commotion. The crisis in jos started under d watchful eyes of pdp in 2001 and 10 yrs after, it is getting worse. Leadership is no longer static and dictatorial, I expected you to move round d various states (prior to these electoral period as I earlier advised) addressing their issues first hand. A week's visit to jos to meet the religious and traditional rulers, indegenes, settlers etc would have resolved the problem there. But u went there only to campaign for votes.

9. Health?-----it is at its lowest ebb. To remember dat we lost Gani Fawehinmi, our greatest lawyer(and patriot) to a terminal ailment due to wrong diagnosis by one of the 'best’ hospitals in nigeria is the most ludicrous manifestation of the state of affairs of this sector. The best trained young doctors travel to usa and europe to work as nurses.While the very senior consultants and professors are in saudi arabia.

10. National Debt profile?------This was one of d few achievements of OBJ administration through d very energetic Dr Okonjo Iweala wherein our foreign debts were forgiven by the influential paris club et al. But alas debt profile has ballooned again at d federal with claims dat even state govts are also incurring debts with reckless abandon. Can we know Nigeria's debt profile as at Feb 28, 2011?Let us live within our means and ensure we secure the financial future of this country through prudent policies.

11. Foreign reserves?------ Even with the instability in d arab world and the upsurge in price of crude oil, what is d current value of our foreign reserves? This was over 38b USD in 2009.Where are we now?

12. Roads?------- It is a shame that federal roads are in a very horrible state and it is an aberration that all the ministers in charge are not in jail for the wanton looting of public funds which has resulted in 1000s of deaths and continues to kill innocent citizens nationwide. Please go to ghana, benin and togo to see the state of road. Lagos and gombe states are also there for you to see how road construction and maintenance should be executed.

13.Religious and ethnic tolerance?--------- Due to poverty of the soul, body and mind, selfish politicians throw the religious and ethnic cards, what do u get? The poor killing themselves in the name of ethnicity and religion. But I tell you that things are changing, borno is an example? You need to be firm to rule a nation like ours. When last did u consult d religious leaders? Have you made the council of elders meeting veritable for past presidents to come and advice u rather than being at d beck and call of only one of them.

14.Amnesty?------it was Yar'adua' achievement.

15.Fuel being available everywhere?----it would be stupid for any to be proud to say it is an achievement that the 7th largest producer of oil has now succeeded in preventing queues at her filling station.

16. Judiciary?----- The judiciary has been bastardised by politician who dangle carrots at these old, ’noble’ men of the bench. Remember that Late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua confessed that the process which brought him to office was fraudulent and flawed and this is still the mandate in which nothing has happened.

17.Agriculture-------- No nation can survive without food security.We used to be renowned for Palm kernal,cocoa,rubber and groundnut.Encourage the financial sector to support agriculture.Also,there must be harmony between farmers and herdsmen whose flock eat up plants of other farmers.Sign trade agreement with other countries and engender viable cooperatives.

18.Employment?------- Do you even have the statistics relating to unemployment.We do not see developmental projects which would have engendered employment.On what do you then spend the 52% of the nation's expenditure. Give us facts please!

All those phantom neighbour2neighbour and 'project capture lagos' financial ravines won't take you to the promised land.

We must know our leaders and their plans for us.

War against corruption starts NOW,the train is rolling.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA !!!!
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Rhino5dm: 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2011
All these people with less than 20 post sef undecided
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by bomb1(m): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2011
@RHINO.5DM,it's not the number of junk post u send but the quality theirin.Learn to address issues not personalities.You joined NL on December 06, 2010, 08:39 PM with 524 un-articulated posts.I joined NL on August 24, 2006, 05:17 PM.We are not mates in this BUSINESS!

My pple perish for lack of knowledge.

Tell us your views,simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by bomb1(m): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2011
Address issues please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by gernded(m): 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
Dear poster,

Do not attribute comedy to the Nigeria developmental debate

Your publication is purely for entertainment more kudos to you please meet ALIBABA FOR MORE TRAINING.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by egift(m): 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

All these people with less than 20 post sef undecided
Does your junk posts translate for answering a very creative and articulated post by the poster.

What was written is the exact reason many have left Jonathan.

Thank you bomb1 for such a lovely post.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
bomb1:

1. Corruption?-------- The unprecedented celebration of d release of Bode George and your representation at d church service coupled with his presence at your rallies summarises your stance. Aside this, the bankers who stole and wrecked the funds of depositors are set free after "serving" 2 yrs in hospital or running away to UK and returning when d coast is cleared by THE AUTHORITIES. So the higher d amount you steal the less your punishment. Little wonder a female civil servant cornered NGN 800m of pensioners’ funds. The women can't afford to be left behind u must say. Kill corruption and every other thing would fall in place.

To be fair, Jonathan never publicly promised to curb corruption. It was not part of his 3 point agenda. cheesy
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2011
bomb1:

2. Firmness?-------- Everyone know that you are not your own man almost a year after, this leaves much to be desired.OBJ became his own man within 3 weeks of resumption by restructuring the office and personnel and believing and standing by what he says and this made his team to be focussed because they knew they had a "cover" in baba but can't misbehave as baba would flush them out. But your administration reminds me of Shagari 1979-83 where his reports were very busy looting and squandering while he was too confused at what to do. You need to be convinced and prepared before u can succeed in a country with diverse culture, economic level and religious background. Be your own man!

To be fair, he was never really his own man from the start. Obansanjo is accused of masterminding his rise to National level, after so many years in politics and not much in the line of achievements recorded in that time.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by bomb1(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
@gernded,not suprised,u are a neighbour2neighbour labourer.Joined NL in February 06, 2011, 03:00 AM which is barely a month ago.You must be a jester indeed.

Emergency membership is no right to foolery !!
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
Ummmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
bomb1:

3. Power? ----- u promised us 6,000 megawatts by december 2009 as d head of d presidential emergency committee on power. So was it dat u promised without understanding d issues on ground? How much money did your committee appropriate and how much work was executed? Any failed contracts and what did you do to recover our money.What lessons were learnt, any foreign expertise needed? e.t.c

Yep. Jonathan promised back in May of last year that the 2010 budget review would contain detailed information of the Naira amounts spent on what and how much was achieved in that period. He even set up a committee to ensure this. Well, fast forward to February 2011, it is seems clear that Jonathan's administration seems to be holding off much till after the election.cheesy The 2009 budget review contained some ridiculous lies .

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/budget_update/UMY%20-%202010%20BUDGET%20PRESENTATION%20SPEECH.pdf
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by gernded(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
BRO BOMB1 ,

IS NOT HOW FAR BUT HOW WELL, IF YOU LIKE JOIN THE FORUM RIGHT FROM THE ECCLESIASTICAL ERA OR 19th ABRAHAM THE POINT IS HOW WELL.

IF I MAY ASK YOU WHERE WILL BUHARI GET THE WINNING VOTES YOU GUYS ARE TALKING OF WINNING?

IF YOU ARE TALKING OF CREDIBILITY PAT UTOMI IS THE MOST CREDIBLE CANDIDATE YOU CAN THINK OF, BUT HE WILL NOT WIN BECAUSE IN AFRICA, ELECTION ARE WON BY RIGGING,PROPAGANDA AND INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATION .

MY GUY BUHARI CANNOT MAKE ANY IMPART TOWARDS NIGERIA DEVELOPMENT FORGET TALK WE KNOW HOW FAR.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Rhino5dm: 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
wow! you wrote a letter to GEJ and you expect us to comment on it and cares when you register?? some people with less than 20 post and thier thinking sef undecided undecided  

welcome back from mars grin grin

beaf dispacher off your go!!! remember the 50,000 dollar T.P oo grin grin
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by bomb1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2011
gernded:

BRO BOMB1 ,

IS NOT HOW FAR BUT HOW WELL, IF YOU LIKE JOIN THE FORUM RIGHT FROM THE ECCLESIASTICAL ERA OR 19th ABRAHAM THE POINT IS HOW WELL.

IF I MAY ASK YOU WHERE WILL BUHARI GET THE WINNING VOTES YOU GUYS ARE TALKING OF WINNING?

IF YOU ARE TALKING OF CREDIBILITY PAT UTOMI IS THE MOST CREDIBLE CANDIDATE YOU CAN THINK OF, BUT HE WILL NOT WIN BECAUSE IN AFRICA, ELECTION ARE WON BY RIGGING,PROPAGANDA AND INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATION .

MY GUY BUHARI CANNOT MAKE ANY IMPART TOWARDS NIGERIA DEVELOPMENT FORGET TALK WE KNOW HOW FAR.

My letter was quite straight forward and easy to understand.I never mentioned Buhari,Ribadu or Pat Utomi in my letter.Let us seek first to understand,slow to speak and quick to listen.

If you don't agree with any of the 18 issues,simply address them.You can't be more Jonathan than Goodluck !!!!
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by egift(m): 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
bomb1:

My letter was quite straight forward and easy to understand.I never mentioned Buhari,Ribadu or Pat Utomi in my letter.Let us seek first to understand,slow to speak and quick to listen.

If you don't agree with any of the 18 issues,simply address them.You can't be more Jonathan than Goodluck !!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Give it to the mumus my dear.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Newscaster: 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
Looking at your name, I got cold shivers down my spine.

These 18 points are meant to remind the President or are things he is supposed to have fixed in 9months? I am just asking before you rain insults on me o.

I like to know, if you are in the Presidents shoes, how many of the 18 points you will tackle in 9-10 months and how you will go about doing these, mind you, in ten months, sir.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Beaf: 12:06am On Mar 16, 2011
Newscaster:

These 18 points are meant to remind the President or are things he is supposed to have fixed in 9months? I am just asking before you rain insults on me o.

I like to know, if you are in the Presidents shoes, how many of the 18 points you will tackle in 9-10 months and how you will go about doing these, mind you, in ten months, sir.

Some people just want to throw the farthest among a clan of stone throwers. It might be viewed as a mark of honour.
He has set out 18 points for a 9 month stint, he expects that each problem on his list would have taken two months to fix; agric, power, health etc. Some people are clever sha.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by Pataki: 12:33am On Mar 16, 2011
bomb1:

@RHINO.5DM,it's not the number of junk post u send but the quality theirin.Learn to address issues not personalities.You joined NL on December 06, 2010, 08:39 PM with 524 un-articulated posts.I joined NL on August 24, 2006, 05:17 PM.We are not mates in this BUSINESS!

My pple perish for lack of knowledge.

Tell us your views,simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This got me rolling off with laughter! If only that dolt had taken the pains to view your profile before posting, he would not have found himself in this express show of shame and gross ignorance which you excellently displayed of him. Speaks volume of their master - Clueless Jonathan.

Rather than attacking issues and addressing burning questions in the heart of Nigerians, they go around attacking opposing personalities to their ideologies and distributing foolish adulations to the very beings that continue to push this nation into the doldrum of gross insanity.

Welldone OP!
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by bomb1(m): 5:26am On Mar 16, 2011
Newscaster:

Has GEJ addressed any of the issues?Has he shown the will to address them?So I should wait on luck for 4 years for 1 or 2 of these issues to be resolved?

Beaf:

Some people just want to throw the farthest among a clan of stone throwers. It might be viewed as a mark of honour.
He has set out 18 points for a 9 month stint, he expects that each problem on his list would have taken two months to fix; agric, power, health etc. Some people are clever sha.

So 9 months is too short to resolve even 1 of the 18 issues raised.Do you have contrary view on any of the issues?no it seems.
God have mercy on Nigerian Leaders and goodluck to the followers.

Pataki:

This got me rolling off with laughter! If only that dolt had taken the pains to view your profile before posting, he would not have found himself in this express show of shame and gross ignorance which you excellently displayed of him. Speaks volume of their master - Clueless Jonathan.

Rather than attacking issues and addressing burning questions in the heart of Nigerians, they go around attacking opposing personalities to their ideologies and distributing foolish adulations to the very beings that continue to push this nation into the doldrum of gross insanity.

Welldone OP!

This is the reason Nigeria has retrogressed consistently.We are in the nation filled with countless followers who are clueless.They need to be liberated before a revolution can happend in Nigeria.A president who in 9 months never updated us of where we are,no monthly briefing or other forms of engagement.Some puppet frame write-ups on his Facebook fan-page.He calls the South-west 'rascals' on Live National TV and goes to Facebook to give a disjointed explanation.

Kobojunkie:

To be fair, he was never really his own man from the start. Obansanjo is accused of masterminding his rise to National level, after so many years in politics and not much in the line of achievements recorded in that time.

Thanks for the thorough review.If he his not his own man,he cannot be focussed to lead a multi-dimensional nation like Nigeria.What record do we have of his performance as Deputy Governor,Governor,VP and President?

Enough of phantom rallies which often result in one disaster or the other(including deaths).He should come and face an articulate audience in a 2 way dialogue where issues can be raised and he can feel the pulse of the nation.Face the opposition in a debate,no way.Face the electorate in a dialogue,no way.

This is a CALL TO ACTION
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by gernded(m): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2011
gej need everybody especially the politically placed nigerians to win an election please poster wait and judge him after the election.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by bomb1(m): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2011
He would return to yenegoa after d election for a very early retirement like gowon.
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by gernded(m): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2011
KEEP YOUR FINGER CROSS, BOB1 YOU ARE INFECTED BY THE OPPOSITION DISEASE.

THANKS
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by 9ijaMan: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2011
bomb1:

He would return to yenegoa after d election for a very early retirement like gowon.
Actually he'll be back in the creek catching tilapia and cat fishes.

Kudos to you for the well articulated issues you raised. The problem with these half baked recent school leavers is that they are just too confused and were mostly born when Nigeria was already aggressively threading the path of corruption. None of them has ever witnessed a disciplined Nigerian society. Hence they are easily swayed by fanfare and jamborees. If we complain about our current leaders, what kind of leader will the Beafs/Karl Max/Faeb/gerned of this world be?
Re: Candid Letter To Gej by bomb1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2011
Thanks 9naijaman.tell them.corruption is the benchmark for success.Imagine Awo wining with Bode Thomas-----never.we've lost our values and whole essence of self dicipline.Thanks man.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Poll Results From Www.nigeriansdecide.110mb.com / Nigeria Ranked 5th On Uk Student Visa Application List / Controversial Anambra Senatorial Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.