Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

“ginimbi’s Friend Limumba Karim Was A Wanted Man In Malawi”: Reports Confirm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “ginimbi’s Friend Limumba Karim Was A Wanted Man In Malawi”: Reports Confirm (344 Views)

Isese: Kwara Police Arrest Salah Ayodeji Who Was Declared A Wanted Terrorist / Two Nigerian Arrested For Cocaine Trafficking In Malawi / Malawi Reports Its First Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“ginimbi’s Friend Limumba Karim Was A Wanted Man In Malawi”: Reports Confirm by allwell51: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2020
“Ginimbi’s Friend Limumba Karim Was A Wanted Man In Malawi”: Reports Confirm

Watch video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y1owqU6wXY
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

One of the victims in a road accident that claimed the lives of Zimbabwean socialite and businessman Genius Ginimbi Kadungure and friends was a wanted man in Malawi over an alleged US$30 million heist.

The accident happened Sunday morning along the Borrowdale road when Ginimbi’s speeding Rolls Royce was involved in a head-on collision with a Honda Fit before veering off the road, crashing into trees and bursting into flames.

Ginimbi and friends, Moana a fitness bunny whose birthday they had celebrated the previous night, Limumba Karim of Malawi and one Elisha from Mozambique.

Malawi publication Nyasa Times reports that Karim was a fugitive from justice, wanted in connection with the country’s biggest 2013 corruption scandal known as ‘Cashgate.’

The scandal saw over US$32 million being siphoned out of government coffers and resulted in donors who bankroll the country’s budget by up to 40% pulling the plug on aid.

Karim had faced money laundering charges related to the scandal involving US$2.6 million before he escaped justice and was reportedly based in South Africa.

His bail was revoked in January 2017 and an arrest warrant issued after he failed to attend court prompting his lawyer Wapona Kita to renounce agency. He told the Lilongwe High Court:

I would like to discharge myself from this case as counsel for seventh accused person Mr Limumba Karim.

I can’t get got of him. I don’t know where he is, he is out of reach and since there is no word from him I can’t continue standing here representing him without communication when I don’t know his whereabouts.

Karim is reportedly survived by three children, one in South Africa, a newly born in Mozambique and one in Malawi.

His remains are expected to be repatriated to Malawi for burial.-statemedia

Re: “ginimbi’s Friend Limumba Karim Was A Wanted Man In Malawi”: Reports Confirm by NOwazobia: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
He couldn't escape the justice of Karma. we all will answer ours some day too.
Re: “ginimbi’s Friend Limumba Karim Was A Wanted Man In Malawi”: Reports Confirm by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
Case closed!
All the Million Dollars are not relevant on the other side of Life..
No Matter your Earthly Possessions and all that, it's irrelevant on that side..

I watched the video the young man had before his death and I saw that Life indeed is Vanity..

I thought within myself that if this young man just knew that death was by the corner , he would have Lived better in Preparation for Eternity!

The Rolls Royce which many would do anything to have became what sent him to his grave. The Rolls Royce was a kind of a death trap!

May GOD Give us Understanding of Life, and Help us to commit to what Really Matters...
Re: “ginimbi’s Friend Limumba Karim Was A Wanted Man In Malawi”: Reports Confirm by freshMallam1122: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
hope now he is free...the corrupt leaders nko..will u hunt them to death
Re: “ginimbi’s Friend Limumba Karim Was A Wanted Man In Malawi”: Reports Confirm by Karlifate: 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Life has no duplicate.

Once you're gone, you're gone. All what you laboured for with sweat & blood become someone else's.

(1) (Reply)

Councillor Allegedly Assault Brothers Wife, Says I Don't Regret My Actions / Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car In Nigeria / Lekki Shooting : You Cannot Be Under Fire And Singing- Army Denies Shooting P...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.