Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) (43414 Views)

Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) / Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun / Policemen Beat Soldier For Refusing To Wear Face-Mask In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by EBMedia: 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2020
A lawyer, Joseph Arikpo has accused a DPO and his officers in Cross River State of brutalising him when he went to solicit the bail of a young man who had been in detention for over six days, IgbereTV reports.

According to the Calabar based lawyer, the incident happened at the Divisional Police Headquarters in Ikom, on Sunday, November 8.

Narrating his ordeal on Tuesday morning, November 10, Arikpo said trouble started when the DPO called him a stupid man.

Arikpo claimed that when he asked not to be insulted, the DPO 'punched him repeatedly and afterwards threw him into cell where he was further assaulted by some officers.'

Read his post below:

"Will this POLICE BRUTALITY EVER END?
On the 8th on November 2020, I was consulted by my client to solicit the bail of a young man who had been detention at the Divisional Police Headquarters Ikom Cross River State for over six days for no just course. In adherence to the cap rank rule, I went there, met with the DPO Ikom, introduced myself and told him that I was there to solicit for the bail of my Client who had been in detention for over Six days.

The DPO told me that he was not going to release him, because according to him, he intends to arrange for a meeting between the complainant and the accused on Wednesday 11/11/2020. But I told him that he should release him for me, and that I was going to provide the suspect on the day fixed for interview, but the DPO refused.

When I tried to remind the said DPO that my client still had his Constitutional right of freedom to liberty and dignity of his human person, he(the DPO) told me that I was stupid. In my response, I told him that I am not stupid, and took exception to that insult on my person. The DPO came closer and closer and eventually started punching me. He did it repeatedly while repeating the words "I say you are STUPID" When he came very close, I could perceive some smell of alcohol.

So, I saw the need to run. When I tried to run out of the Station, he commanded a female police officer that was nearby to close the gate, and ordered another female police to "bring him some chemical mess" (tear gas) which he used on me to the cell for detention. After taking me into the cell, he assigned an IPO, to record my statement. During the period of recoding my statement, they handcuffed me and used barton and whips to bater me, just to make sure that I wrote what they wanted as my statement.

At night while I was in the cell, the DPO sent a female police officer to come and seize my blood stained shirt so as to conceal the evidence that I was brutalized, but God help me, as I had hidden same before they came. Thank God for the NBA IKOM Chapter that came to my rescue!"

https://www.facebook.com/100045034211239/posts/214954276682378/?app=fbl

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by GreatInRock(f): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
You don't mean it.

Have these guys back on duty?

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Kdon2: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hmmmm! Cry my country

13 Likes

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by IbnBattuta1960: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
NPF na wa o. Is this ugly image never going to change?

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2020
e be like say these policemen still never learn their lessons after all killings meted out to them during this last protests..

Next one will be them + all their families inclusive. Useless idiots

217 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Perfecttouch(m): 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2020
Haa, these people have resumed their animalistic behavior

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by crestedaguiyi: 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
If he is a one nigerianist i say very very good for him

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by 400billionman: 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2020
They took him for an agberoo claiming falsely to be a lawyer.

DPO has entered.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by optm(m): 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2020
The judiciary should continue keeping silence at impunity . It would definitely get to them

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by andyanders: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
If the judiciary should be silent on this, then shame on the body. You cannot treat a lawyer like this and that DPO is not removed and prosecuted for an assault, the, NBA should be dissolved.

209 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by dahnimoh(m): 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Police again?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by obyrich(m): 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
So the DPO has no name grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Talk2david1(m): 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
Nigeria still has a long way to go.. There are so many people locked up without being charged to court which is against the constitution..

50 Likes

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
If judiciary is toothless bull dog, police will continue to treat them like this...but does endSars has any effect so far

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by toxxnoni(m): 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
Musa, you hear that?

1 Like

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
by God's grace,Nigeria will not be like this in my generation
There must be a reform, there has to be a reform that will set us in the right track.
By God's grace,we shall get there

Confess it and that is how it will happen.
I cannot cheat myself in this life.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by updatechange(m): 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
This one beats me o.... See as dem panel beat my guy, a lawyer for that matter cheesy cheesy cheesy

Naija I hail thee, just when you thought you've ad enough of this bullsh*t

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by obicoolnino: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
Q
Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Godnavic: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
Wahala no dey finish !!!

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by DrChukki: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
Police is your worst enemy

4 Likes

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by leisuretym: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
Welcome to Banana Republic

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by mainman7(m): 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
In another news, evidences of massive electoral Fraud perpetrated all over USA has began to emerge. Dems are truly demon-possessed Satanists that want to control and enslave the World by all means. I was wondering how the good people of America would be so foolish enough to enthrone an habitual pedophile child molester and confirmed Satanist. Trump is not perfect, no human being is, not you not I. Americans must not accept the fraudulent victory of Leftists that Left the CREATOR of Humanity, and follow Satan. This Mailed-in ballots Fraud was repeated all over US for the abominable ForBiden to overtake Trump. Watch one of such live: https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-11-06-pennsylvania-election-worker-caught-filling-out-ballots.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by crackhouse(m): 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
jesu a whole lawyer, when will police brutality ends, there was a time where I was accused of smoking weed simply because I wore a "Supreme Smoke weed every day shirt" this is serious

5 Likes

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Enudapan: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
The don Market
The laywer is surely going to Sue them

3 Likes

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by janedonez(m): 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
Terrible
Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hmm
Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by specialmati(m): 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
embarassed this people self always behaving like animals.

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) by Donspicey: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
Wahala for common man and Human right activists in dis Regime........

Bubu Adamu Boys on the Beat.........

How long e go take we to realise say we no know where we dey go?

Naija don cast big time....

4 Likes

grin

I don't know whether to smile or laugh grin

Protesters will be after we ended SAR grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ndieonyemah Nwankwo Murdered In His Office In Owerri, Imo / Girl Narrates How 7 Men Raped, Filmed Her In Delta, Reveals Their Names / Kidnapper Evans Was A GTBank Major Customer - Wife Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.