Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People (15426 Views)

Obi’s Endorsement: You Can’t Speak For Us, Yoruba, Afenifere Tells Akeredolu / Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Stop Buhari From Coming To Ebonyi / Ngige: IPOB Can’t Attack Me Outside Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:09am On Nov 11, 2020
Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, has declared that the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, cannot speak for the people of the southeast.

Umahi, who is the Chairman of the South East Governors’ Forum, said IPOB can’t represent the interest of the Ndigbo.

He spoke during a visit of Southeast governors to their counterpart in Rivers State, Nyesom Wike in Port Harcourt.

According to Wike: “We, Ndigbo, we do not support criminalities. Do not buy into any criminal that is from our side. I find it very funny when somebody is going to be claiming that part of Benue State must descend into his territory and part of Rivers State must descend into his territory. What sort of madness is that?

“Even if there is a referendum, people must freely say where they want to belong to. You can’t force them. No matter the history you have, you can’t force people to belong to where you want them to belong. They want to belong to where they want to belong.

“Why I am telling you this is that we should be wise not to support what is wrong. Let’s go back and tell ourselves the truth. What is happening cannot be said to be for Ndigbo. Those people are not speaking for us. What are you agitating for and you are destroying the properties of Ndigbo? Won’t that tell you that they are looking for something?”

Members of IPOB had allegedly engaged security operatives, a situation that led to the killing of people in a place like Obigbo, Rivers State.

source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/10/rivers-ipob-cant-speak-for-igbo-people-gov-umahi/

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by ejighikemeuwa: 1:28am On Nov 11, 2020
I will advise you to repent now before it becomes too late for you.
The people has suffered too much in the hands of your leadership,
Stop destroying the lives you are supposed to protect,
Fulanisation agenda is not for your good no matter the time it reaches you, remember solo wiwa ( nwaiwa)

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by modsfucker: 1:29am On Nov 11, 2020
That's one sensible Igbo man there. Only the wise would know the damage Igbos are doing to the Igbos reputation, as well as their seemingly elusive quest for Biafra.

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by ejighikemeuwa: 1:43am On Nov 11, 2020
modsfucker:
That's one sensible Igbo man there. Only the wise would know the damage Igbos are doing to the Igbos reputation, as well as their seemingly elusive quest for Biafra.
you don't know what you are talking,.you are speaking the mind of your Fulani masters
are you a terrorist?

146 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by TossTos: 1:46am On Nov 11, 2020
Yeah
They Should Speak For Themselves and not bring all of the eastern and southern into it .
Abi how many times have they rebuked and rejected them ? .
" Countless time " i don answer my question myself .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by modsfucker: 2:22am On Nov 11, 2020
ejighikemeuwa:

you don't know what you are talking,.you are speaking the mind of your Fulani masters
are you a terrorist?

The keyword there is "elusive Biafran dream"

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Godfullsam(m): 2:55am On Nov 11, 2020
Ndigbos don't want Biafra , only some frustrated jobless and brainwashed criminals wants Biafra.

Even nnamdi cownu the IndecentStar doesnt want Biafra, he is just using his gullible stupid followers to catch cruise.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by ATEAMS: 5:36am On Nov 11, 2020
The sad truth is that the truth is sad.

3 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Lovelies1: 5:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Search for southandmiddlebeltnigeriaforum on telegram to join
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 11, 2020
everyone hates ipob
even their governors
chai

who do them this thing

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Hotzone(m): 5:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Useless people

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Osnami: 5:38am On Nov 11, 2020
grin
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Ayoswit(f): 5:38am On Nov 11, 2020
lpob don suffer, rejection everywhere undecided

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Odingo1: 5:39am On Nov 11, 2020
Let there be referendum or regional government in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Nathphil(m): 5:39am On Nov 11, 2020
No body should even speak for another person even thieves like una

3 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by SmartPolician: 5:39am On Nov 11, 2020
modsfucker:

Oh, shush it!

No sensible person should be glad to stay in a failed state, unless he is part of the problem

Every separatist group has a genuine reason to call for secession because Nigeria is an embarrassment to sensible Nigerians

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by AntiChristian: 5:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Igbos are Igbos same way boko haram are northerners. They are killers and they killed many Muslims during the last protests. Even mosque was destroyed.

May all of these terrorist Igbos, Boko Haram, Bandits, etc meet their doom if they don't repent.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by WonderManly(m): 5:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Oya. Let's them speak for themselves now.
Let's them Soro-Soke jor!

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Stalwert: 5:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Ipob are a sick depraved group of terrorists. They seek to provoke inter ethnic conflict in Nigeria by attacking people of other ethnic nationalities to attract repraisals.

Ipob are like your envious village People who cannot bring you down by witchcraft but will create problems in their miserable dwelling that may consume you miles away.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by RedPhoenix: 5:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Why I lean towards the Biafran ideology completely and support my brothers to get their heart desire, Biafra.

I'm glad an Ndigbo went on ground observed things first hand and dare to speak the truth.

Yes, I chastised IPOB for causing mayhem in Oyigbo and coming out to declare false narratives, but I still continue to declare my support for the Biafran ideology and believe it will see the light of the day.

IPOB has some advantages, if the igbos are attacked and IPOB launches a counter attack to fight against Ndigbo interest, that is considered good, laudable and brave, but to launch series of unprovoked attacks strategically targeted at triggering a bigger fight wasn't just unstrtaegic but stvpid. To then turn back and try to spin lies on people and twisting the narratives wasn't even more foolish

IPOB is fully responsible for the situationship at Oyigbo and I greet the leaders of Ndigbo land, the governors and Ohaneze for the bold move and uncovering the root cause of issues first hand.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by RedPhoenix: 5:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Umahi
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by tobechi74: 5:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Who is the leader of Igbos

Each region has its own Godfather. Ex governor of lagos state Bola Tinibu is said to be Godfather in of lagos and Osun state.The people obey him . When he sneezes,the people catches cold. Whomever he annoites win the election. He controls the state assembly, state tax system, transport system and Agberos . Whoever disagrees with Tinibu disagrees is an enemy of the state.

Chief Saraki was a strong political heavy weight in Kwara state. His son Dr Bukola Saraki benefited from his dad dynasty. His daughter was a senator. His fall out with the APC government marked the begining of the downfall of the Saraki Dynasty. The people were tired of one family dictatorship. They wanted a new face.

Among the Igbos, It is difficult single out one Godfather. In
https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/01/who-is-the-godfather-of-the-igbos/

5 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by SAMBARRY: 5:43am On Nov 11, 2020
grin lipsrsealed
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by IjebuWarrior: 5:43am On Nov 11, 2020
tongue
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Alexis11: 5:43am On Nov 11, 2020
True. But virtually all Igbos on NL are Igbos.

Some of them will say they are not in support but will still go ahead to like any post in support of Ipob. lol

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by beardedboy(m): 5:43am On Nov 11, 2020
Haha haha. I'll come back to comment. Lemme brush first.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by bolaayenimo: 5:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Hope Nnamdi Kanu won't place bounty on his head

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by chrisxxx(m): 5:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Thanks Umahi.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by BabaCommander: 5:44am On Nov 11, 2020
grin
You are absolutely right, mazi Umahi.

But this is half truth.

IPOB leadership and their irritating followers knows that they ARE NOT SPEAKING and CANNOT speak for Igbo people.

Neither CAN you, mazi Dave nwa Umahi or your fellow self deluded governors SPEAK for the Igbo people.

11 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by bjayx: 5:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Truly... We can't force people to belong wit Us against their will.
Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by RichDad1(m): 5:45am On Nov 11, 2020
By Thursday, Dave Umahi would have completed his transfer to APC. cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People by Gander: 5:45am On Nov 11, 2020
[s]
ejighikemeuwa:
I will advise you to repent now before it becomes too late for you.
The people has suffered too much in the hands of your leadership,
Stop destroying the lives you are supposed to protect,
Fulanisation agenda is not for your good no matter the time it reaches you, remember solo wiwa ( nwaiwa)
[/s]
Ipob terrorists can’t speak for ibo people.
Get over it, kid.

14 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fleeing Residents Shun Ogun Palliatives, Remain In Refugees’ Camp / We Have Began The Process Of Rescuing Chibok Girls: Lai Mohammed / "Asking Buhari To Resign Is Not An Offence, Release Tanko-Yakasai" – Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.