Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,227 members, 7,860,443 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (2706 Views)

Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities / The Look On Buhari’s Face As He Boards Presidential Jet (Photos) / Heavy Rainfall As President Buhari Boards Jet 'Eagle 1' To Jos From Calabar (Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 11, 2020
-

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Back2Daura(m): 5:07am On Nov 11, 2020
True

1 Like

Re: - by Sunnymatey(m): 5:13am On Nov 11, 2020
Saw something of this nature in most nigerians cities, towns and villages but can't remember if they are detailed enough to reflect the population and founding dates.

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 11, 2020
-

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by QuikDRAWmacGRAW(m): 5:19am On Nov 11, 2020
Fake trumped up numbers.

3 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 11, 2020
Lagos 14 million people ...lmao Nigerians sha ..
Lagos is bigger than New York , london , oh please ...

Even with small size if lagos only roughly 50% is developed the rest na just bush ..

London is roughly 1600 km^2...with high raise residencial building and is 100% build up ...yet has 8.9 million people

Yet u want me to believe lagos that's less than 1200km^2 and with roughly tick forest covering 40% and 20% rural development while the city is dotted with few high raise apartment building is far more populated than london ?? that's logically imposible

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Difrent: 6:02am On Nov 11, 2020
Sunstorm95:
I've observed most Nigerian cities do not have welcome sign boards with population and founding date . I think that's because of lack of an ID database to know the real population of the cities. It helps when the population and date of establishments are written on the welcome signs .

P.S The Numbers may not be exact.

What you describe happens MOSTLY in USA and its because of the way the cities and towns were founded.....you need to understand the US system to know the significance of especially the date the town/cities was founded......most of those cities run like a business, and in business date of incorporation is essential.......
Re: - by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 11, 2020
Are they accurate

1 Like

Re: - by RealLordZeus(m): 6:06am On Nov 11, 2020
Igbochief001:

Even with small size if lagos only roughly 50% is developed the rest na just bush ..

London is roughly 1600 km^2...with high raise residencial building and is 100% build up ...yet has 8.9 million people

Yet u want me to believe lagos that's less than 1200km^2 and with roughly tick forest covering 40% and 20% rural development while the city is dotted with few high raise apartment building is far more populated than london ?? that's logically imposible
Have you consider the concentration of people per square meter in Lagos! I highly foubt you have been to lagos before with this your analysis.
A situation where a whole family of 8 are living in a single room, about 6 boys squatting together in a single room at iyana ipaja.

Those places you cited were well planned for their citizens, someone can rent an apartment, flat, owned a building etc. Just come to Lagos mainland...

2 Likes

Re: - by AngusTV: 6:09am On Nov 11, 2020
Cool
Re: - by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2020
-
Re: - by Rosskivvy: 6:14am On Nov 11, 2020
Sunstorm95:
I don't care about your excuses why Nigeria should remain a shithole. You are only good at coming up with excuses why things won't work when suggestions are made. The population and founding date should be on the sign board.
ID database should be compulsory and Founding date can be estimated.

Your stinking mouth is the shithole. Brushed your teeth lately?

Thought not.
Re: - by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 11, 2020
-
Re: - by Difrent: 6:26am On Nov 11, 2020
Sunstorm95:
I don't care about your excuses why Nigeria should remain a shithole. You are only good at coming up with excuses why things won't work when suggestions are made. The population and founding date should be on the sign board.
ID database should be compulsory and Founding date can be estimated.

na wa for you ooo, so all those cities in europe that dont have such signs are shitholes like nigeria too.......even London dont have founding date and population in their sign post.....so London is a shithole tooo.............kid, crawl back to whatever hole you crept out of, YOU NEED A LOT OF EDUCATION, GET ONE BEFORE IT TOO LATE

1 Like

Re: - by Rosskivvy: 6:28am On Nov 11, 2020
Sunstorm95:
Lol, you're really pained, but there's nothing you can do about it . Nigeria is a third world until you stop being corrupt and fix it, will be called a shithole.

Your mouth will ever remain a stinking shithole till you learn to brush your rotten teeth.
Re: - by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 11, 2020
-
Re: - by Rosskivvy: 6:39am On Nov 11, 2020
Sunstorm95:
Cry until the end of the world ,it won't change anything
I hope you don't die of heart attack. Like i said , Just retire to the background. Don't oppose my ideas which is aimed at making the country better. I don't have to care but I do.

We don't care about you and your nastiness.

Return to your toilet cleaning duties before your white master whups your slave butt.
Re: - by naija4life247: 6:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Igbochief001:

Thick forest covering 40% of Lagos? This one needs psychiatric evaluation. Your head needs examining

2 Likes

Re: - by Ikengawo: 6:52am On Nov 11, 2020
So that every village will start posting their population is 10 million. Anyone that dies with grey hair in the funeral they will say the person was 150 years old. Anyone that has ever changed car oil, at the wedding they'll say was an engineer. And you now want these people to post their population?

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 11, 2020
RealLordZeus:

Have you consider the concentration of people per square meter in Lagos! I highly foubt you have been to lagos before with this your analysis.
A situation where a whole family of 8 are living in a single room, about 6 boys squatting together in a single room at iyana ipaja.

Those places you cited were well planned for their citizens, someone can rent an apartment, flat, owned a building etc. Just come to Lagos mainland...
In New York is far more than that ...Bros what can be more concentrated than high raise apartment ? ..how large is iyana ipaga ..?? 50km2 ? Ooh please
Re: - by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 11, 2020
naija4life247:

Thick forest covering 40% of Lagos? This one needs psychiatric evaluation. Your head needs examining
Use google earth bro then come back let's talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Masking: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2020
Igbochief001:

If d population of Nigeria is about 150m, even if itd still120m, which state do you think would have the most population? And how populous would Lego's be?
Re: - by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2020
The govt should go digital, cooking up figures in 21st century
Re: - by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 11, 2020
-
Re: - by BigDawsNet: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2020
14million Lagosian

10million citizen

4 million illegal immigrants
Re: - by crestedaguiyi: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2020
Very stupid idea.

It does not add value in anyway.
Re: - by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 11, 2020
Masking:

If d population of Nigeria is about 150m, even if itd still120m, which state do you think would have the most population? And how populous would Lego's be?
Lagos
But Nigerian population can be 100 million max
Re: - by Frankiecrenshaw: 11:39am On Nov 11, 2020
RealLordZeus:

haha who told u 6 boys don't squat in a room in London..
Re: - by RealLordZeus(m): 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
Frankiecrenshaw:
haha who told u 6 boys don't squat in a room in London..
Well I've not been there
Re: - by Raydos: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
Number one question is: "Do we even have cities?"

Or are you calling those piece of trash Cities??
Re: - by Enudapan: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Truth is Nigerians likes hyping it's population

Uptill now, I don't believe
We are about 200millon
Cos up north seems Deserted
Even here down south, Epe my hometown still
Got a lot of empty thick Forest and rural sentiment
Despite being in the state with the smallest land mass
Re: - by Cjrane2: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
QuikDRAWmacGRAW:
Fake trumped up numbers.

That is why they hate restructuring so much. They are allergic to aAnything that will bring decency and discourage fraud and forgery.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB To Edwin Clark: You Have No Mandate To Speak For Niger Delta On Biafra / NASCO Should Sue David Hundeyin To Court Immediately.. / Fayose's 83 Year Old Mother Steps Out Looking Like A 50 Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.