Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) (7583 Views)

Emmanuel Bwacha Denies Backing Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Borno CAN Chairman Denies Backing Shettima’s VP Candidacy / Ajimobi's Burial: Seyi Makinde Denies Being Responsible For Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by CastedAyo: 6:17am On Nov 11, 2020
Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde said on Tuesday that contrary to media reports he leaders did not support the social media bill being proposed by the Federal Government.

Igbere TV reports that the governor spoke while inaugurating the state’s judicial panel of inquiry into police brutality, violation of rights of citizens and unlawful killings.

Makinde said the panel is “made up of eleven (11) members led by Justice Bolajoko Adeniji (retired), as Chairman of the Panel.

“Members of the panel are drawn from the legal community, the National Human Rights Commission, the Department of Public Prosecution (DPP), the National Youth Council of Nigeria, youth representatives of End SARS protesters and the community.

“This panel was constituted pursuant to Section 2(1) of the Oyo State Commission of Inquiry Law Cap 32 of the Laws of Oyo State 2000 which empowers the Governor to set up a commission of inquiry. However, as the scope is beyond Oyo State, we’re collaborating with the Federal Govt.”

https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1326218094113599489?s=19

The governor encouraged anyone who has faced human rights abuse in the hands of any of the security forces to use this opportunity to seek justice. He also said that “stated that those responsible for the deaths of Isiaka Jimoh, Ganiyu Moshood Alabi, and Adeoye Taiwo would be brought to book.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzS6zG6JYhg

Makinde “clarified the misrepresentation of the position of the Southwest leaders on the so-called social media bill. Contrary to media reports, our position remains that since we already have an extensive Cybercrime Act, 2015 we do not need any other bills to regulate social media.”

https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1326219029242126338?s=19

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by MickzyDonald: 6:20am On Nov 11, 2020
POLITICS + DENIAL. = 5&6
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by lindareep: 6:25am On Nov 11, 2020
Sweet mouth! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by WonderManly(m): 6:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Okay now!
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by orisa37: 6:47am On Nov 11, 2020
They want to hook him to SUBMISSION.

7 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by bewla(m): 6:49am On Nov 11, 2020
Suit and T-shirt era

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by money121(m): 7:45am On Nov 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by updatechange(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2020
Oyo state is the only reasonable state amongst others

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by Gkay1(m): 7:47am On Nov 11, 2020
talk but no action.

A gift of gold is expensive, a gift of money is well appreciated, but the gift of being alive is priceless. Only the living celebrate it. As the cloud stands without a pillar, the ocean moves without an engine, the rain falls without a pump, so will my source of blessing be a mystery to men.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

51 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by CalabarPikin: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2020
Na normal thing na.....no body go accept...

Same media that help in putting most of them in power..

My vote come 2023 is for any aspirant bellow d age of 45
No matter the party
No matter the zone
Not minding the religion
..any old man wre try to buy my vote...thanks for the money...but my vote is for that young fellow whether he wins or not...
...and if no young guy comes out....my bed and I on that faithful election day.....bleep all this old folks

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by Kobicove(m): 7:48am On Nov 11, 2020
Why is everyone avoiding endorsing the social media bill?

I'm fully in support of it!

The era of people knowingly concocting and circulating false information through social media must end - You should be held responsible for whatever you post! angry

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by Jeje600: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2020
Correct governor
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by pickatyou2: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2020
This our government na cruise.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by omodaamola: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2020
Na so...Talk is cheap! I hope you meant what you said sha.

Meanwhile, let's do free forex US30 Signals

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by 2cribz: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2020
Saint
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by Xzellentgraphic: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2020
I stll love this man pass the killer sanwo olu

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by Sabadon(m): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2020
seyi makinde.......i just love this man, he started good i hope he holds steadfast to his calling

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by DeckonTLC(m): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2020
Please people. Am so in need of fund right now to add up with what I have to pay my school house rent which is 20k. Please if 20 people in these platform will help me with 1k each I will be very happy, GT bank 0461535106.. Or if you want to do through cryptocurrency this is my BTC wallet link 35S9uLxsnHJjkwiqLKbabS2H6rsuncBAbB and my ETH wallet link 0x86277bb1c32708161f5414cd5a0ed0b852c42afb better still you can help me with an Idea on how to make the money online fast please...... Abeg make una help I don think tire. Thank you
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by gaskiyamagana: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Nothing will come out of the so called panel of inquiry, investigating panel and others. If no, what comes out of Justice chukufudi Oputa?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by IronSlim: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Say no more
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by uunwanaobong3: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2020
All of a sudden Dr fauci is now calling the Pfizer vaccine development " extraordinary and exiting" ........ This is the same Dr fauci that doubt the development of vaccine within this year, infact he was stating that it is NOT possible for a vaccine to be in use this year, he was saying that vaccine will be available middle of next year and the large scale distribution of vaccine to the general public might begin in 2022 ? Infact he was expressing concerned and discouraging people from taking the vaccine incase trump administration approved it usage this year..... Even new York governor was even talking about rejected this same Pfizer vaccine from entering new York if it is approved before election......... infact head of FDA was even saying that "this nose mask can even protect me more than the vaccine".... And according to a report in medical journal it is clearly stated that the nose mask can only stop you from spreading the virus by blocking your fluid from others when sneezing But the same mask can not stop you from getting infected when worned if others are not wearing mask. Infact it was discovered the 89% of the people that wore mask still get infected. All this is call election politics and they have won.
And now that trump has lost election, all of a sudden there is a covid vaccine which is 90% efficient and is good for everyone including CNN...... The vaccine is now safe under Biden but under trump the same vaccine was bad and CNN warned everyone against it.
Very soon all the major countries around the world will come up with highly efficient vaccine because trump has been defeated. The aim of Corona virus has been achieve, i.e to remove trump from office...... I can bet with everything I have that no one will ever know the origin of Corona virus, it will for ever be buried in secretcy by world powers including world health organization.

Very soon ampicillin, melaton, hydroxy chloroquine, paracetamol will miraculous be approved by CDC and world health for treating Corona virus because trump is no more the president.
All of a sudden covid news is no more number one problem for America.
All of a sudden people can begin to gather in large crowd without the dangers of covid.
The vaccine that trump says will be ready by the end of October is miraculously ready after election simply because they didn't want trump to take the glory, infact they didn't want the vaccine development to give trump the advantage of winning during election.
Americans have been decieved..... After Corona virus which will eventually finish early next year, what is the economy recovery plans of Biden within the next four years....? His campaign was all about virus virus virus and death! No plans for economy.....
Now that the vaccine has come out before his administration has began..... What will be his other plans for the next four years? Nothing.
Now the new York governor coumo is even trying to lobby against trump administration, trying to stop it from distributing the vaccine.... According to coumo " it is bad that the vaccine is out during trump administration" . .. this is Because within the next two months Trump will end up accomplishing all the campaign promises (Corona virus solution) that Biden promise Americans within his next four years thereby leaving Biden with little or nothing to do within the next four years.

New world order.... And I refuse to be part of it
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by Fathai(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2020
Yeye people, they don't want to hear or listen to the truth.
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by kayusely70(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2020
The Clarification Is Better For The Zone's Reputation.
Re: Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video) by IamWonderful: 7:54am On Nov 11, 2020
South West governors are wise not the South East governors dominated by PDP that were on the fence, the imps are under Buhari's table begging and eating crumbs

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Has Eroded Democratic Gains, Fayose Alleges / Atiku: Nigerians Will Collapse APC, Same Way The Party Collapsed Nigeria / Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.