Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others (58229 Views)

Buhari Vs Atiku: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Secondus, Others Arrive Tribunal (Photo) / Atiku, Secondus, Others Storm Abia State (Photos) / 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, Others Listed For Arrest — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by blazesam(m): 7:23am On Nov 11, 2020
The Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi, told the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja on Tuesday that he was leaving the party.

He said he would join the ruling All Progressives Congress which he claimed would protect the interest of the South-East in the 2023 elections.

Our correspondent gathered that Umahi told the members of the National Working Committee of the PDP that his decision to join the APC was irrevocable.

The members of the PDP NWC, who were led to the meeting by its National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, were said to have tried in vain to convince the governor not to abandon the party.

Apart from Secondus, among those that were at the meeting at the Ebonyi Governor’s Lodge in Abuja were Deputy National Secretary, Agbo Emmanuel; National Organising Secretary, Austin Akobondu; Financial Secretary, Abdullahi Maibasira; National Women Leader, Mariya Waziri and Senator Sulieman Nazif.

The governor was said to be friendly when he received the PDP delegation, but stuck to his decision to leave the PDP when the issue came up.

It was gathered that the PDP delegation impressed it upon the governor that there was no need leaving the PDP for the APC, which they argued had become unpopular.

Sources at the meeting, however, said the governor was not convinced, insisting that the APC was planning to zone the 2023 Presidency to the South-East.

He was said to have promised to stay in the PDP if the party could make a pronouncement that it would zone the Presidency to the same zone.

One of the sources said, “I think his (governor’s) mind was made up. We told him there was no need for him to abandon the party that had made him a deputy governor, state chairman of the party, two-time governor and all that. But he refused.

He wanted us to unilaterally zone the office of the Presidency to his area. We cannot do that. Parties are not run that way. He told us he was leaving. That is what we got from him.’’

When contacted, Secondus confirmed that the party’s leadership met with Umahi.

He, however, refused to declared the details of the meeting, insisting that the meeting was on ‘‘national issues.’’

https://punchng.com/im-leaving-pdp-for-apc-umahi-tells-secondus-others/

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by jlinkd78(m): 7:24am On Nov 11, 2020
Umahi has always been eyeing d Presidential ticket and hopes Federal might will assist him achieve this faster. You now see why no one takes them seriously when they gather to crush IPOB and denounce Biafra agitation cos to be in d good books of the Caliphate u must eulogize one Nigeria just like Wike suddenly learned of late. Las Las it's their political permutations that is considered at all times not dat common man on d street not even Igbo interest. His talking about PDP zoning to d East was a second thought and this is why both d PDP and d APC must be jettisoned

203 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by lindareep: 7:27am On Nov 11, 2020
Free transfer window is open... grin

Biko, no dull am...beard growth oil dey o! Lagos and Abuja (promo price is now N3,500) kiss

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by flyingpig: 7:27am On Nov 11, 2020
Make him leave Jare.

Who PDP help for SE?

AFTER 21 YEARS LOYALTY TO PDP, YOU AIM TO GIVE ATIKU ANOTHER TICKET.

AFTER 21 YEARS LOYALTY, NO SECOND NIGER BRIDGE, NO ENUGU AIRPORT.

AFTER 21 YEARS, NO RAILWAY.

AFTER 21 YEARS, ROT IS ONGOING IN ABIA STATE PDP.

IGBOS ARE TOO GOOD TO PDP. Let him leave to a better future and away from where Igbo are not treated well on national politics.

220 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by brighter: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2020
It has been the hand of Esau & the voice of Jacob.

Not surprised, his reason is not even adding up.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by Asura: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2020
Source?
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by Moferere: 7:32am On Nov 11, 2020
Free transfer

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by donbachi(m): 7:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Good radiance to bad rubbish.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by Jostoman: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Is this one supposed to be a news, some people are using umahi to wine PDP but I want of them to know that youths are going to come out strong in 2023.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by GreatInRock(f): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Not surprised though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by junketer(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2020
I wanted to say something but then I realised that I don't even stay in Nigeria.

25 Likes

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by helinues: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Is this an official message?

If yes, then we are expecting more SE politicians to decamp to APC as PDP is dead and finally buried in Nigeria

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by bottlewater1(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2020
Nigeria politicians no get shame since 1960
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by obembet(f): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2020
Source
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 11, 2020
Since the most masses have rejected APC ahead of 2023, the planned game is to make the party look more irritating and miserable to the extent we shall see PDP as the only option to vote for, meanwhile THEY ARE ALL THE SAME SET OF DEMONS OPERATING UNDER DIFFERENT KINGDOMS..

-Politicians capitalizes on our mood and uses our narratives to their own gain. The only way to pull them all down is unbreakable UNITY of the masses..

Nevertheless, 2023 is far from election but there is an underground unity and meeting upon meeting of PDP and APC to keep electioneering our minds due to the fact that the masses are fast awake against divisive politics. United masses is the antidote to politics of divide and rule.

NO ELECTION 2023. Restructure or disintegrate..

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by muykem: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2020
Why is that PDP is not considering igbo president in 2023? Are they conquered territory in PDP?

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by dele1727: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2020
grin
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by Xzellentgraphic: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2020
Source....we joke too much in this country
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by flamingREED(m): 8:24am On Nov 11, 2020
I suspected that Governor Wike's handling of Igbos had some root in SE leaders' unwillingness to back him.

9 Likes

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by PreyingMantis(m): 8:34am On Nov 11, 2020
helinues:
Is this an official message?

If yes, then we are expecting more SE politicians to decamp to APC as PDP is dead and finally buried in Nigeria
What makes the party? The name or the people in it? Isn't it absurd that you hate the name PDP and love the criminals running it?

21 Likes

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by Madmohamed419(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2020
blazesam:
The Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi, told the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja on Tuesday that he was leaving the party.

He said he would join the ruling All Progressives Congress which he claimed would protect the interest of the South-East in the 2023 elections.

Our correspondent gathered that Umahi told the members of the National Working Committee of the PDP that his decision to join the APC was irrevocable.
The members of the PDP NWC, who were led to the meeting by its National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, were said to have tried in vain to convince the governor not to abandon the party.

Apart from Secondus, among those that were at the meeting at the Ebonyi Governor’s Lodge in Abuja were Deputy National Secretary, Agbo Emmanuel; National Organising Secretary, Austin Akobondu; Financial Secretary, Abdullahi Maibasira; National Women Leader, Mariya Waziri and Senator Sulieman Nazif.

The governor was said to be friendly when he received the PDP delegation, but stuck to his decision to leave the PDP when the issue came up.

It was gathered that the PDP delegation impressed it upon the governor that there was no need leaving the PDP for the APC, which they argued had become unpopular.

Sources at the meeting, however, said the governor was not convinced, insisting that the APC was planning to zone the 2023 Presidency to the South-East.

He was said to have promised to stay in the PDP if the party could make a pronouncement that it would zone the Presidency to the same zone.

One of the sources said, “I think his (governor’s) mind was made up. We told him there was no need for him to abandon the party that had made him a deputy governor, state chairman of the party, two-time governor and all that. But he refused.

He wanted us to unilaterally zone the office of the Presidency to his area. We cannot do that. Parties are not run that way. He told us he was leaving. That is what we got from him.’’

He, however, refused to declared the details of the meeting, insisting that the meeting was on ‘‘national issues.’’
if say na me I for don't leave that useless PDP for long time that party is evil to nndi Igbo. APC is talk over river state wike ntooo

4 Likes

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by Olofin2(m): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2020
Pity Igbo na and zone presidency to SE. Abi, they have been serving fee Dee fee for donkey years with nothing to show for it.

What's bad in giving your slave a plate of porridge for once in a blue moon?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by HAccord: 8:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Why has he been wasting our time for donkey years? We've always known you are an APC sheep hiding under the umbrella.
Decamp already.. grin

Like the others, you will soon realize the meaning of 'All politics is local' the hard way.. cheesy grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by 9jatriot(m): 8:46am On Nov 11, 2020
Oga if the bolded is your reason for defecting then it is better you stay where you are because APC has not made that promise to anyone. Don't make a move that your people will use to mock you later because if this is your only reason for moving then I believe it is a wrong political calculation.

It is not that later you will start crying betrayal coz APC has never said they will zone to the SE and even if they do, Rochas, Kalu and Ken Nnamani are better poise to take the slot.
blazesam:

https://punchng.com/im-leaving-pdp-for-apc-umahi-tells-secondus-others/

9 Likes

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by fergie001: 8:50am On Nov 11, 2020
flamingREED:
I suspected that Governor Wike's handling of Igbos had some root in SE leaders' unwillingness to back him.
Not true....Umahi is extremely close to the President and has long made up his mind to go.

No Political Party will zone its 2023 Presidency now, and he knows that the PDP will disagree because they will lose more zoning it to the SE, especially now. He is just using that as a reason to hold onto.

So, there was nothing they could have done about it.

Another person is Ayade but he is delaying his because he doesn't have full control of the PDP in his State like Umahi does.

23 Likes

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by NNEWIsuper: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2020
Juliusmalema:

[s] I need to help you fix some of these things.

Umahi is Governor of Ebonyi state defecting to APC, limit the nonsense you wrote to Ebonyi and Umahi.

It has no bearing to others. Don't know the reason you people will always drag Igbos to your nonsense as if you guys are Igbos to say[/s] .
OUK, Umahi, okorocha are the choice of presidency for the south east and not Anambra who are not igbos.. When is igala turn Anambra can come out, for now we're talking about igbos which include Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo

9 Likes

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by ATEAMS: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2020
Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others by lastempero: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2020
Okay oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court / Meet Elishama Rosemary Ideh: Female Presidential Aspirant / Asari Dokubo's Mansion In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.