Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. (5559 Views)

Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Jonathan Wins In Bayelsa / Jonathan Wins Ekiti With 176,474 Votes - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Newscaster: 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2011
oppositions dont have the words if, maybe, supposing etc in their dictionary - but, anything is possible. Jonathan can win or loose, but, what just if he wins.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Poster

The threats of violence in the North, stoning of the Presidential convoy and the shouts of "Sai Buhari" has nothing to do with politics of idealogy. It is rather religious and ethinic politics taking to a new height. The Northern political leaders have played the devils advocate; that Jonathan has "taken" what belongs to them and therefore must pay. Then enters Buhari.

"Buhari is seen by the the Northerners as their "Messiah" who will wrestle the power from the infidel back to the "believers". It is actually an insult for an infidel to rule over them. I am really suprised that many are carried away by the "Sai Buhari" chants as if it is prgressive".

Whether we like it or not, Nigeria is too complex a country; Religion and ethinic sentiments are the highest points of our politicing. We are actually wasting our time thinking that Nigeria will move forward. We are only postponing the evil day. Nigeria is not one country, has never been one and will never be one.

The Northern minorities and northern residents from other regions are going to vote for Jonathan. The same thing will happen in the West.Now, despite the "Sai Buhari" chants, Mr President will still win this election, free and fair and the "Sai Buhari" movement will maim, kill, burn, loot, etc. Maybe, the military will take over, maybe Jonathan will be killed, maybe Nigeria will really burn, maybe Biafra will rise to fall no more.

My advice is this: Southerneres in the North, please be vigilant.

1 Like

Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Jarus(m): 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2011
I will congratulate him and contribute my quota towards making him succeed.

. . and I will be ready for more comic reliefs from Patience Jonathan.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Jarus(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
noblezone:

@Poster

The threats of violence in the North, stoning of the Presidential convoy and the shouts of "Sai Buhari" has nothing to do with politics of idealogy. It is rather religious and ethinic politics taking to a new height. The Northern political leaders have played the devils advocate; that Jonathan has "taken" what belongs to them and therefore must pay. Then enters Buhari.

"Buhari is seen by the the Northerners as their "Messiah" who will wrestle the power from the infidel back to the "believers". It is actually an insult for an infidel to rule over them. I am really suprised that many are carried away by the "Sai Buhari" chants as if it is prgressive".

Whether we like it or not, Nigeria is too complex a country; Religion and ethinic sentiments are the highest points of our politicing. We are actually wasting our time thinking that Nigeria will move forward. We are only postponing the evil day. Nigeria is not one country, has never been one and will never be one.

The Northern minorities and northern residents from other regions are going to vote for Jonathan. The same thing will happen in the West.Now, despite the "Sai Buhari" chants, Mr President will still win this election, free and fair and the "Sai Buhari" movement will maim, kill, burn, loot, etc. Maybe, the military will take over, maybe Jonathan will be killed, maybe Nigeria will really burn, maybe Biafra will rise to fall no more.

I beg to disagree. Why don't they queue behind Atiku, IBB, Ciroma and other northern elite like that?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
Jarus:

I beg to disagree. Why don't they queue behind Atiku, IBB, Ciroma and other northern elite like that?

There is a difference between primaries and general elections.

Where Atiku or IBB to be facing GEJ, it would havve been "Sai Atiku or Sai Babangida"
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by bkbabe97y(m): 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
noblezone:

Where Atiku or IBB to be facing GEJ, it would havve been "Sai Atiku or Sai Babangida"

Dude, can u just shut the fuxck up, log off, or kill urself if u got nothing better to say?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Jarus(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
noblezone:

Did Buhari or Atiku command this crowd in 2007?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by ProAnti: 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2011
Jarus:

They both contested against another northerner. Someone from the influential Yar'Adua clan. Someone from the 'mighty' PDP.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Jarus(m): 4:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
Jarus:

I meant: Did Yar'adua and Atiku command such crowd in 2007?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by ProAnti: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2011
Jarus:

Do you mean the kind of crowd Buhari currently controls?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by shanda(m): 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
We still got a lot of work to do here in south west. I am a BB supporter, and I hardly see their posters around. I wouldn't mind contributing to get some posters out there if I have people that can also join me.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by shanda(m): 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
So far I've been impressed by the huge turnout at Buhari's campaign, but what matter most is to get them to vote on election day.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Abagworo(m): 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
If Jonathan wins,Buhari and the entire Nigerian masses will congratulate him and go back to "siddon dey look" levels.

The only problem is if he loses obviously and declares himself winner.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2011
I will congratulate him if he wins fairly
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Jarus(m): 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
Pro Anti:

Do you mean the kind of crowd Buhari currently controls?

Yes
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by blacksta(m): 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
GEJ can not win in a free and fair election - dont let us deceive ourselves. angry
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by onyengbu: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
Jarus:

If im to reply from noblezone's write-up (which i dont completely agree on though), there werent this kind of crowd in 2007 because northerners didnt feel threatened.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by chosen04(f): 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

If im to reply from noblezone's write-up (which i dont completely agree on though), there werent this kind of crowd in 2007 because northerners didnt feel threatened.

I THINK I SHARE YOUR SENTIMENT
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Pharoh: 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
There will be continued progress and development in Nigeria only if the opposition do not cause any trouble.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2011
noblezone:

@Poster

[size=18pt]"Buhari is seen by the the Northerners as their "Messiah" who will wrestle the power from the infidel back to the "believers". It is actually an insult for an infidel to rule over them[/size]. I am really suprised that many are carried away by the "Sai Buhari" chants as if it is prgressive".

Why are Jonathans supporters such blatant liars?

Didnt the north vote for an infidel in OBJ in 1999 and 2003?

Didnt the North and especially Kano State for for MKO over Tofa?

GEJ's supporters cant just argue based on merit, they have to inject the tribal card.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by chakula: 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
you should not mind them they will count their mistakes on the day where ignorance was not an excuse.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2011
If GEJ wins in a free and fair election I would have to respect the wishes of Nigerians. Thats how true democracy works.

As a person, I do not have anything bad to say against GEJ, The problem I have with him is that he is sorrounded by corrupt godfathers IBB & OBJ and other Rogues and criminals from the PDP and it so obvious he can not truely fight corruption or be hisown man under such circumstances.

I am convinced that OBJ and IBB would most probably retain control of the military, which would more or less leave GEJ as a figurehead only.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by DrummaBoy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
If for any reason GEJ wins the elections, I would congratulate him.
However, that had better be free and fair because if there is any element of rigging, Buhari/Bakare would not contest it in the law court and it would be left to the northerners to take the laws into their hands, We all know what that may turn out to be.
If GEJ rigs the election with the machinery of incumbency and the PDP, I would begin to take my visa lottery seriously to leave this country. In the mean time I may relocate with my family to a better democratic environment - GHANA!!!
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by wesley80(m): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2011
It kinda worries me to hear BB supporters queuing up to say they'lld congratulate Gej if he winr "Fairly". Just so we r clear, What are your definitions/understanding of that word "fair"? Would that translate to a BB Landslide in the entire North and SW? How much of a bashing would u guys permit your candidate to receive b4 u shout yourselves hoarse about election rigging?
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Tunsbobo(m): 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2011
Buhari can never win! It just doesn't feel right
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Dude, can u just shut the fuxck up, log off, or kill urself if u got nothing better to say?

That you disagree with me, is the reason you should wish me dead? You have just confirmed my exact point: it is either we "see" it the way of the "believers" or be dead. Surething, I won't die, and will express my opinion. And you too, please dont die!

Pharoh:

There will be continued progress and development in Nigeria only if the opposition do not cause any trouble.

the only differernce between the so called opposition and the typical Nigerian politician is the name of the party. Yet, I have found Jonathan to be more humane, more tolerant and more visionary than the most of the opposition champions especially Tinubu.

Jarus:

The only reason you have the "Sai Buhari" movement is not becuase the PDP is fielding a Notherner as their flag bearer. And as somebody has said, the sentiment of 1993, 2003, and 2007 is not the same today.

[quote author=dayokanu link=topic=625196.msg7932538#msg7932538 date=13003819
Why are Jonathans supporters such blatant liars?
a
Didnt the north vote for an infidel in OBJ in 1999 and 2003?

Didnt the North and especially Kano State for for MKO over Tofa?

GEJ's supporters cant just argue based on merit, they have to inject the tribal card.
[/quote]

Did you say 1999? There were two contestants, both were Yorubas. 2003? Please, get the resultsd and compare the voting patterns.

Did you mention MKO? The sentiments then was far seperated from now. Was it not becuase of MKO that the all powerful "north" delivered the presidency to the Yorubas? Times are changing and Ngieria is drifting more and more. And Buhari and his gang of misguided military officers cannot exnorate themselves for trample upon our democracy and taken us several years backwards. I prefer the worst democracy to the best military governemnt. Buhari and hsi boys should have allowed our democracry to grow. They promised change then, and it was from bad to worse. Has the man changed? His threats of violence rather than campaigning for votes is rather unbecoming of a Prsidential material. Somebody must tell Buhair, that this is not military era. If he is aggreived in anyway, the courts are there. Any blood spilled because he looses this election will be on his head.[quote author=GenBuhari link=topic=625196.msg7932905#msg7932905 date=1300384780]
If GEJ wins in a free and fair election I would have to respect the wishes of Nigerians. Thats how true democracy works.

As a person, I do not have anything bad to say against GEJ, The problem I have with him is that he is sorrounded by corrupt godfathers IBB & OBJ and other Rogues and criminals from the PDP and it so obvious he can not truely fight corruption or be hisown man under such circumstances.

I am convinced that OBJ and IBB would most probably retain control of the military, which would more or less leave GEJ as a figurehead only.

The sentiment is there that Jonathan cannot win and that if he wins, he would have to rig. So it doesnt matter, whether he rigs or not. The bottom line is, he must not win, else Ngieria will burn.

Yet on rigging:
I see Mr President as committed to free and fair elections, I see a new INEC committed to free and fair elections, I see Nigerians committed to free and fair elections. I beileve the elections will be free and fair, only that the opposition will not accept it. If there is any rigging nay where, all we need is to collect evidence.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by efisher(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2011
Firstly let me start by saying that my most preferred candidate for the presidential election is RIBADU. I have my reasons. However, from a neutral point of view it is very clear that GEJ has better chances of winning this election than BB and Ribadu combined! Why is this?

1. PDP has the existing structures needed to mobilize voters in every state of the federation. No other party does!
2. PDP is currently the most inclusive party in Nigeria today. The others are either too extreme, regionalized or tribalized.
3. PDP is more than just Goodluck Jonathan. The interests are much bigger than the man. Especially in the north where people think PDP will have a hard time. Don't forget that PDP remains BY FAR the strongest party in the north. Remember that the members of PDP in the north who have something to gain by being in government will not abandon their source of livelyhood for the so called "Northern Agenda".
4. GEJ has executed the most effective campaign throughout the country. He is the best known candidate. Many people have never heard of CPC.

It is important we are aware of these realities so that we are not surprised if PDP eventually gets a landslide victory in a free and fair election. PDP may even win some new states currently controlled by other parties.

My role is to do my part on the election day to support a free and fair process and hopefully, we can get a better election than June 12.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by bkbabe97y(m): 9:48am On Mar 18, 2011
noblezone:

That you disagree with me, is the reason you should wish me dead? You have just confirmed my exact point: it is either we "see" it the way of the "believers" or be dead. Surething, I won't die, and will express my opinion. And you too, please dont die!

STFU!!! Of course I wont die. Life expectancy here is 78yrs old. How much is it where u from? Oh, yeah I forget the hospitals are fuxcked up!
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by ekubear1: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2011
If he wins, he wins. . . not the end of the world. I'm not too sure that any of the three presidential options are amazing.

I would hope that he doesn't screw over my region though. This is my big concern with the PDP in general, especially with a guy like OBJ prominent.

They truly are vindictive b@stards.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by Bawss1(m): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2011
If GEJ wins it will be business as usual.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by otokx(m): 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2011
If he wins then He will be sworn in.
Re: And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. by chamber2(m): 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ will definitely win this election, and the worst the northerners can do is to secede.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Police Using Force Against Subsidy Protesters? / Best Campaign Jingle For 2015 Elections / How Osinbajo Saved Me From Toronto Certificate Scandal - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.