Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) (17646 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Wins 2019 Everett M. Rogers Award / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins 2018 PEN Pinter Prize / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by LegendVibes: 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Award-winning writer Chimamanda Adichie has won the Women’s Prize ‘Winner of Winners’ in its 25th year history for her fictional novel Half of a Yellow Sun, Igbere TV reports.

The 43-year-old on Thursday shared the good news on Instagram.

“Thank you to @womensprize and thank you to every single person who read Half Of A Yellow Sun. This feels like a much needed sliver of light in a dark year,” she wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHfkQdcg8BR/?igshid=c3ww7lsk0gkz

Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun won the Women’s Prize for Fiction in 2007. The ‘Winner of Winners’ was chosen in a public vote from a list of all 25 winners.

Other authors who have won in the past include Zadie Smith, the late Andrea Levy, Lionel Shriver, Rose Tremain, and Maggie O’Farrell among others.

The award is a one-off one and it is to mark the 25th anniversary of the prize which was formerly known as the Orange Prize.

A statement by the publisher reads, “Throughout 2020, thousands of readers embarked on a challenge to read all 25 previous winners of the Prize, joining the Prize’s digital Book club to share their thoughts, and downloading our newly created online reading guides and exclusive author interviews. Over 8,500 people joined in the public vote in September.”

Adichie will be presented with a specially commissioned silver edition of the prize’s annual statuette known as the ‘Bessie’.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by englishmart(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
This Nigerian Areewa government has always been unfair to the igbos since before Adam. Imagine the heinous, nefarious, devious and inhumane degradation the igbos suffered during the civil war. You don't want these guys, yet you fought a 3-year war to keep them. The movie was actually banned because it portrays the truth about the envy-driven pogrom and extermination agenda against the blessed Ndigbos. You don't force someone to be part of you..

Meanwhile, God bless Chimamanda. I will ensure my daughter(s) get so empowered and capable like you so I won't worry much about who marries them

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by sammysmiles(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
I wonder how our young girls of today,,, don't see women like this as role models... Congratulations Ma...

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by oluwaseunamos33(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
CONGRAT am happy for U

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by carbony4red(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Nazgul: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
Igbo Amaka

25 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by slawormiir: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Congratulations

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by princechurchill(m): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
Igbo Amaka

26 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by HAPPINESSSS(f): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

GOOD ONE WOMAN.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by MsAllison(f): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
grin

oya yeroba Muslims (Tinubu's urchins group) come and hate as usual

but before that
scream igbo amaka first grin

Igbos are the best in everything in Africa.

kiss the truth

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by mar1juana: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
Congrats

Everly beautiful

#EndBadGovernmentNow

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Neddstark: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
That book was boring. They tried to adapt it to a movie and it was even more boring.
I'm waiting to read Uzodinma Iweala's "Beasts of no Nation". The film was awesome.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Prechgold1180(m): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by James4bright(m): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
Igbo amaka. Afonja hoodlums won't see this.

10 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Lagosianswag: 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
She's looking more like a man as days go by cry

Congrats Sir Ma! lipsrsealed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Muhylonaire007: 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nice

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by joebiden: 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by emmabest2000(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
If you think she deserves a thunderous applause

Please gather here grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Coneheadyutes(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
Igbo amaka!

Meanwhile, our cone head brothers are busy mining skulls in Ogun. gringrin

10 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by balitaaluminium(f): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
For all your Aluminium, for house Roofing. contact Balita Aluminium.
For more information, do check my signature.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by elmessiahs(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
I celebrate with you madam, I really love that piece of work. kainene, ugwu ,Richard Churchill, the revolutionary lover etc. shout out to all literature lovers by the way am a sociologist.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Johnson225(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Beauty and brain cheesy

To y'all slay queens out there. See una mate grin.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Kennyking1234: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
D
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Hackman1994: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Get your international phone number US, UK, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND for Whatsapp, Facebook, Telegram, Okcupid, alt for just 1,000 only. Halla me on WhatsApp +12019480133
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Starboytwo(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Ipob thread

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by AsomArchitectNG(m): 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Ozonnengltheory: 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Samtob90(m): 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
Neddstark:
That book was boring. They tried to adapt it to a movie and it was even more boring.
I'm waiting to read Uzodinma Iweala's "Beasts of no Nation". The film was awesome.

I know it would be boring for because there no nude pictures there, there was no where they made love. This generation!

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rebirth / Stars 2017 Writing Competition Updates & Story Thread / Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.