Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) (17668 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Wins 2019 Everett M. Rogers Award / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins 2018 PEN Pinter Prize / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
James4bright:
Chimamanda Amaka. James4bright the hoodlums won't see this.

Mr. Man grow up!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
Coneheadyutes:
Igbo amaka!

Meanwhile, our cone head brothers are busy mining skulls in Ogun. gringrin

Wannabe
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by SmartPolician: 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lucyspa:

Does it matter? Her hubby is not complaining.

And I have been responding to a SIMP

SMH
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Johnsinia(m): 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
Truly Nigeria women are doing great internationally than their men counterparts...

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by molbic(m): 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2020
Currentlygrown:
Good day everyone. Excuse me, I don’t intend to annoy you with my consistency. It’s just that this is urgent and I’d appreciate if you can refer to a potential buyer. Your full commission would be paid. Thank you very much.

Wait oh Igbo-etche for River State no be UMUEBULE SIDE well if na that side They no get any good road at all
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
congratulations nwa ada di nma.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Currentlygrown: 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
molbic:
Wait oh Igbo-etche for River State no be UMUEBULE SIDE well if na that side They no get any good road at all

Excuse me? Use your own eyes and reread your sentence. Those two names are they the same places? I’d not give you the benefit of exchanging words with you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by goodheart02(m): 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
Neddstark:
That book was boring. They tried to adapt it to a movie and it was even more boring.
I'm waiting to read Uzodinma Iweala's "Beasts of no Nation". The film was awesome.

And yet she wins awards with the book. Are u sure you're not a hater??

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Neddstark: 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Thanks . I read an excerpt from it and said to myself there is nothing special in it.

One thing is if God decides to bless a man, everything you do would be fantastic to the world. Even to your enemies.

She is blessed.

Congrats to her.

You have a point
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by harmony75: 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2020
wonderful congrats ma'am �������
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by DrFunmisticGlow: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
sammysmiles:
I wonder how our young girls of today,,, don't see women like this as role models... Congratulations Ma...
simple!! The average nigerian man doesn't wife women like her. It's slay queen they want.

Simple demand and supply.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by drehdinho(m): 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
MsAllison:
grin

oya yeroba Muslims (Tinubu's urchins group) come and hate as usual

but before that
scream igbo amaka first grin

Igbos are the best in everything in Africa.

kiss the truth

grin grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Decryptor(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
Congrats our own Igbo sister!

Meanwhile, her unmarried olosho agemate from the wild west is proudly telling us how she lost her virginity at the age of 13! undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Prolific007(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
More Greater Heights In Your Endeavors, Keep Making Us Proud As Nigerians Even If The Devil Likes It Or Not. I Have Read Your Book And Glad You Bagged An Award Even As They've Tried To Silence Or Conceal The Truth.

Fear Anything Government
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by IAMPEDRO: 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
LegendVibes:
Award-winning writer Chimamanda Adichie has won the Women’s Prize ‘Winner of Winners’ in its 25th year history for her fictional novel Half of a Yellow Sun, Igbere TV reports.

The 43-year-old on Thursday shared the good news on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHfkQdcg8BR/?igshid=c3ww7lsk0gkz

Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun won the Women’s Prize for Fiction in 2007. The ‘Winner of Winners’ was chosen in a public vote from a list of all 25 winners.

Other authors who have won in the past include Zadie Smith, the late Andrea Levy, Lionel Shriver, Rose Tremain, and Maggie O’Farrell among others.

The award is a one-off one and it is to mark the 25th anniversary of the prize which was formerly known as the Orange Prize.

A statement by the publisher reads, “Throughout 2020, thousands of readers embarked on a challenge to read all 25 previous winners of the Prize, joining the Prize’s digital Book club to share their thoughts, and downloading our newly created online reading guides and exclusive author interviews. Over 8,500 people joined in the public vote in September.”

Adichie will be presented with a specially commissioned silver edition of the prize’s annual statuette known as the ‘Bessie’.
I just remembered when I visited his parent at njikoka LGA of Anambra and they denied me of a photo shoot especially the mother. I asked the mum why don't you want us to have a photo shoot with you, it's just a photograph ma then she said for security reasons, Inside me I laughed, I was like if na guy we drive better ride enter you compound now fear go let you tell am say you no fit enter photo shoot with am? (In my mind tho) Anyhow sha all na the motivation lol......... Congratulations to a great mind.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by FuckOsuPigs: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
MsAllison:
grin

but before that

kiss the truth

Yes, especially in armed robbery, kidnapping and money rituals.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by toprealman: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
sammysmiles:
I wonder how our young girls of today,,, don't see women like this as role models... Congratulations Ma...
Start radler and Legend stout will rather make nymphonanics brand ambassadors just because you had sex on national TV. How do you expect girls to stay focused?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Lucyspa: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
SmartPolician:

And I have been responding to a SIMP

SMH

Alfa mail without any money is that one a man. Nwanne je chuba ego.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by SmartPolician: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lucyspa:

Alfa mail without any money is that one a man. Nwanne je chuba ego.

Si ebea waaa
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by kaniska: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Everything is very open with a precise description of the challenges.
It was definitely informative. Your site is very helpful.
Thank you for sharing!
follow.com grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Jonathan39: 1:22am On Nov 14, 2020
You are not igbo. We are wiser now
MsAllison:
grin

but before that

kiss the truth
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Jonathan39: 1:25am On Nov 14, 2020
That person is not igbo, becareful
SmartPolician:

Veryyyyyyyy unnecessary

How old are you?

You lots make embarrassing comments
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Jonathan39: 1:27am On Nov 14, 2020
That person is not igbo. They are agent of division
Mycoin:

Seems you decided to blast people who aren't ready to blast you.

Pls let's stop this hate

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by JaneYave(f): 2:39am On Nov 14, 2020
Women making us proud, You are forever blessed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Whikky(m): 3:30am On Nov 14, 2020
princechurchill:
Igbo Amaka

Smh
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Whikky(m): 3:32am On Nov 14, 2020
Dm 08087621390 for link

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Tokkson: 5:04am On Nov 14, 2020
SmartPolician:
The lady is really cashing out

It's even more interesting that she studied medicine in school

Congratulations to her

She only did medicine for 1 year before moving out of the country to study Communications and political science.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Tokkson: 5:08am On Nov 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

Don't go there

Amanda is a full-blown feminist

She has a toy as a husband

That's what most of them want

Lol. Bitterness isn't a good thing sha oo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by derbykol(f): 7:26am On Nov 14, 2020
The second picture looks like Naomi WWE
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by SmartPolician: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2020
Tokkson:

Lol. Bitterness isn't a good thing sha oo

No be bitterness

I'm her big fan

I have many of her books in my shelf, but I despise feminists because they are wrecking marriages.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) by Tokkson: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

No be bitterness

I'm her big fan

I have many of her books in my shelf, but I despise feminists because they are wrecking marriages.

It's your personal opinion though.

She has the right to live her life the way she wants to, same as you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life, What Would The Title Be? / Rebirth / Stars 2017 Writing Competition Updates & Story Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.