Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,204 members, 7,853,108 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

Our Rivers Are Criminally Neglected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Rivers Are Criminally Neglected (381 Views)

Wike: 60% Of COVID-19 Cases In Rivers Are Oil Workers / IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' / Herdsmen Kill Because They Are Criminally-minded, Benue People Tell Defense Mini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Rivers Are Criminally Neglected by OruExpress: 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Specifically in Igboland where the entire region is virtually is linked by a diverse river system. For as much as we complain about roads, someone utilizing these natural highways can create a system where 30% of traffic is taken off roads and onto rivers where things can move free of restriction.

Most of use don't know it but you can go from Owerri - Aba - Uyo - Oyigbo - Port Harcourt are all connected by navigable river. Onithsha - Oguta - Yenegoa - Asaba the same.

The only place this doesn't favor is Enugu and Ebonyi. But imagine if all of the heavy cargo being hauled on our roads, or even half was moved to river transport if it's destined to move between these routes?
The manufacture of boats is already strong in Onitsha... It only remains for someone who's enterprising to take advantage and great the best routes off the future

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7282161_sam0294_jpeg37cb08a660a267cf4af7175d8ba3a343
Re: Our Rivers Are Criminally Neglected by OruExpress: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2020
We have many wide and deep inland waterways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3zAJGso_RU

These are the railroads we're hoping for. The natural superhighways of our ancestors. The land gave us an 8 lane highway and we're still crawling through mud on government roads.

1 Like

Re: Our Rivers Are Criminally Neglected by OruExpress: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
I introduce you to River Cargo boats and barges if you haven't seen them before. I'm actually very excited about this business prospect as I know my direct village will be beneficially impacted

(1) (Reply)

Rimamnde Bitrus Nuhu To Withdraw Case Against The APC, Bauka And INEC. / Amotekun Officers Passing Out Ceremony In Oyo State [Video, Pics] / Breaking: Senator Ndume To Be Remanded In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.