Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,997 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland (27733 Views)

Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / Cp-africa’s Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland : Repeat / An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by snthesis(m): 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2011
not bad
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by eghost247(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
he is a Genius, Kudos for creating such a wonderful forum[color=#990000][/color]
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
slap1:

Common go rest, u think say everybody na u? woman wrapper!

Heheheh, my number one river, Slap1, have u been slapped today? grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by lynxnoon(m): 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nice One SEUN
One Question: HOW MUCH? grin angry grin angry
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by spicyhoney(f): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nice one Seun! Good job.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by firebrand: 4:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
Self defeat. Nairaland could still compete with Facebook. Yes it CAN.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by twinskenny(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
seun

tell us now at least we know how much zuck, worth!
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by candylips(m): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
eghost247:

he is a Genius, Kudos for creating such a wonderful forum[color=#990000][/color]

Genius for creating a forum  undecided
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Sagamite(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
firebrand:

Self defeat. Nairaland could still compete with Facebook. Yes it CAN.

Dream on, dreamer!

High Tech VC firms are pouring millions of dollars and hiring the best brains from Stanford, MIT, Caltech, Imperial, IIT, GeorgiaTech etc to try and compete and are failing and you are saying a one-man band in Nigeria with inverter to help supply power will compete with Facebook.

Why don't you go into the Cement industry and compete with Dangote? Or go and compete in investment with Warren Buffet? Self Defeat?

Mobinga:

How profitable

Seun :

grin grin grin

The guy no wan armed robbers knocking on his door.  grin grin grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by igbanbajo(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by candylips(m): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sagamite:

The guy no wan armed robbers knocking on his door. grin grin grin

he said he makes more than 60k a month
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by AKO1(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
I remember when our business section became popular when all those wonder banks were in vogue. And after that, spammers and advertisers finished it off. It used to be great.

I remember when I realised I could no longer respond to every thread on the forum, and after a while I couldn’t even read every thread. Now I can’t even check every section in day.

I remember when I first realised that revolts by old members couldn’t kill the site because of the constant influx of new members. This, coupled with stress from the rapid growth of the site, led me to adopt a Buhari-style approach to managing the forum, which tarnished my reputation quite a bit. I’m trying to change that now.

I remember when I locked all Nairalanders out of the forum during a public holiday because I couldn’t keep up with spammers anymore. I was spending several hours every day just deleting spam and I was tired. Mukina2, a famous Nairalander, volunteered to help by moderating and recruiting other volunteer moderators.

I remember when I wrote an ‘antispam bot’ because moderators couldn’t keep up with spam. And it wasn’t enough. Then I added a registration CAPTCHA and it didn’t make any difference. Nowadays, everyone hates the bot, because it often makes mistakes, but we would have had to lock down the forum if we didn’t have it.

I remember when I noticed all of these things smiley
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by bababuff(m): 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
candylips:

If you believe that, then you will believe anything.

At 60k a month in 2005, one could estimate his salary to between 300k and 500k per month in 2011.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Bijemi(m): 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
hmmm nice one.

Check out bijemi.com
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by xreal: 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2011
candylips:

Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by NET1(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2011
NMACHI: Seun, how much is Nairaland worth?

SEUN: Watch out for part 2 of this interview.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by plutonian: 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2011
" , Facebook has grown so big that the only thing other social networks can do is just die. MySpace, Hi5, and even Google’s social network (Orkut), and Microsoft’s Live Spaces have been beaten and are still losing members every day. If Google and Microsoft can’t beat them, I don’t think I should waste my time, " - Interesting response Seun, but kind of true (and funny response too; especially the "die part". smiley

I do have an idea for you though; you can be in the "league" of facebook and not have to "beat" them (or compete with them directly). I'll try get in touch with you sometime soon to share my ideas.

More power to your elbow Seun. Guys like you are what Nigeria needs. We will change Nigeria; we will change Africa!
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by ikamefa(f): 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
how come my name nor dey inside the dat interview? grin grin grin grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by ifyalways(f): 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sagamite:

Dream on, dreamer!

High Tech VC firms are pouring millions of dollars and hiring the best brains from Stanford, MIT, Caltech, Imperial, IIT, GeorgiaTech etc to try and compete and are failing and you are saying a one-man band in Nigeria [b]with inverter to help supply power will compete with [/b]Facebook.

Why don't you go into the Cement industry and compete with Dangote? Or go and compete in investment with Warren Buffet? Self Defeat?

The guy no wan armed robbers knocking on his door.  grin grin grin
LMAO
You gonna get a month ban for that.  cheesy
ikamefa:

how come my name nor dey inside the dat interview?    grin grin grin grin

why your name go dey dia?
You no dey bring full voltage current . . .Ika = half current. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
Smart of you!
But you need to be reminded that at least, once in a year, forum members should vote and agree whether they want their moderator staying or if hes doing a bad job.
We need fresh ideas, especially on the property forum infested by a mod who drives all the attention and traffic to himself alone!
Please, let there be a consensus about mods, you shouldnt just pick anyone you like.

1 Like

Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by GeorgeD1(m): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2011
hmmmmm! so we're all chatting away on nl to make seun rich! grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by damola1: 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^ someone's got to be rich in the process.

He understands the market. And so, I respect his views. When you understand the market. You are good to go.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
Well done bro.
George_D:

hmmmmm! so we're all chatting away on nl to make seun rich!  grin
Na dat one matter? How about the efforts put in to have it all bubbling; the going from place to place to make people aware and stay active here, the stress of moderating, checking spamming activities, tweaking codes, writing bots codes and scripts, etc?

It's worth commending.

Well done Seun.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by GeorgeD1(m): 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
good point. i wouldn't mind that kind of stress though! grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by mamagee3(f): 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
Please, Can anyone confirm. . .Is this a real interview transcript? undecided

Was seun really interviewed? undecided
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by gwas(m): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
You gonna get a month ban for that.
for expressing his views?  sagamite has a good point!
kudos to seun.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by gwas(m): 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
Please, Can anyone confirm. . .Is this a real interview transcript? Undecided

Was seun really interviewed? Undecided
which one be your own nah? it make lot of sense.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by honeric01(m): 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
cool.
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by SisiKill1: 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2011
Not bad, Not bad at all! Well Done.

Ya know. . . if you wanna make this front page, no one will call you out for it.

Better than the jagbajantis we have on there right now. . . My girlfriend will not spoon feed me, what can I do?" Jeeezus!! angry
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by armyofone(m): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
why no personal questions like wifey, children, girlfriend etc or they cleaned that part out?
grin

when i read abt Mr. facebook, they let us know abt his girlfriend. this kind mind game sef na wa grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by fxtopedia(m): 10:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
lmao
Re: CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland by kokoye(m): 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
yemi313:

Please, let there be a consensus about mods, you shouldnt just pick anyone you like.

Did you see "Buhari style regime"??

This is not a democrazy.

If you want consensus cos one moderator cracked on you, go and start your own forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Crushes 4-year-old Boy To Death In Calabar [Photo] / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? / Cattle Seen Grazing In Apo Legislative Quarters, Abuja This Afternoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.