Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. (9495 Views)

My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics / The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. / My Experience With Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. by candyflos(f): 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
@ snowdrop,your argument  is senseless,dnt u understand wot d poster is trying to point out?its not d amount charged 4 d meal bt y they have to make it  a do or die thing.y in Gods name will they make it mandatory for patients to buy their food,there are other things they cud make money from,if the hospital is interested in making food for patients it shud b optional.in my family hospital(subol hospital)they have a canteen where u can buy from bt it is optional n not mandatory,the quality of d food   is even ok n  yet its not compulsory u buy from them.u re free to buy or get ur food anywhere  just make sure u take a good food.

pls stop arguing blindly,use ur brain correctly.
Re: My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. by luluosas(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2011
Special Hospital is at the right immediately you enter Sapele Road, from Ring Road, while Stella Obasanjo Hospital is down Sapele Road, opposite the popular Agip filling Station.
Re: My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. by snowdrops(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2011
candyflos:

@ snowdrop,your argument  is senseless,dnt u understand wot d poster is trying to point out?its not d amount charged 4 d meal bt y they have to make it  a do or die thing.y in Gods name will they make it mandatory for patients to buy their food,there are other things they cud make money from,if the hospital is interested in making food for patients it shud b optional.in my family hospital(subol hospital)they have a canteen where u can buy from bt it is optional n not mandatory,the quality of d food   is even ok n  yet its not compulsory u buy from them.u re free to buy or get your food anywhere  just make sure u take a good food.

pls stop arguing blindly,use your brain correctly.
thanks for advertising your family business but this is the wrong section for commercials. Nevertheless if you had remembered to charge your brain cells this morning you would know there is a gulf of difference between your family hospital and a govt one. If you insist on optional food then you could also demand optional registration fees, consultation fees, immunisation fees etc. Nigerians and free things. Simply ridiculous.
Re: My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. by iluvnaija: 12:16am On Mar 21, 2011
i did no send this post for people to start writing rubbish. why should hospital mandate patient to pay for their food? isn't it obvious that they want to extort money from patient? government hospital for that matter. the only thing we all know is mandatory is registration, other hospital charges. i don't think there's any hospital without canteen but it is optional for you to buy or not. any hospital mandating patient to pay for their food is a hospital running by corrupt management. i rest my case.
Re: My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. by snowdrops(m): 5:49am On Mar 21, 2011
just as you have your opinion others have theirs. If you did not want this to be debated you should never have brought it here and would be better kept locked up some where in your brain. this is a public forum so everyone do not have to agree with you.
Re: My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. by mummy3(f): 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2011
daroz:

You pay N500 a day and expect to eat three correct square meal a day? Na joke u dey.

my dear you can walk into a restaurant and eat a good plate of food for N150-200 with a piece of meat. It doesn't mean you have to eat a plate of food that contain chicken, stockfish, snail, shaki before you'llc all it a good food. Even beans and Bread is a good food, it depend how neat /presentable you prepared it.
Re: My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. by daroz(m): 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2011
you guys dont seem to get the setup. By conpulsorily paying 500 naira a day, u are indirectly paying for some of those services you think u enjoy for fee, which to my own knowledge is still relatively cheap compared to any other hospital I know. You should not also undermine the fact that that hospital is one of the best I have seem in Benin.
Re: My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ Poster

It's known as 'hidden charges' . . . It's what is obtainable in their so-called 'free' facilities here in Nigeria.

In the education sector, they claim UBE is free but then you have to pay for extra moral lessons, books and all that nonsense.

It's not like the government is not aware, but they deliberately turn a blind eye to these things.

Feeding should NOT be mandatory in a hospital, no matter the cost. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos NMA Calls Off Strike / Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It / Lassa Fever Resurfaces In Abeokuta; One Person Dead Already

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.