Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). (2674 Views)

Djswitch Never Said 78 People Died / EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting / John Enenche: Lekki Shooting Videos Were Photoshopped - Army Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by OfficialAwol(m): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2020
The Rwandan genocide was ignited by a lie not refuted in time. It becomes imperative that every lie be nipped in the bud before causes an unquenchable conflagration.

Some unsuspecting members of this forum, and even some section of the larger public, have been made to believe that on the night of the shooting at Lekki Tollgate, Dj Switch made a tweet that 78 persons had been killed at the shooting.

But to set the records right, I'm here to tell you that the tweet you saw was not made by DJ Switch but by 'parody account'.

Ordinarily, I would suppose we all know what a 'parody account' means in this our age of social media, but for the purpose of this post, I'm gonna pretend you do not know what it means and offer explanation about it and the reason for the proliferation of parody accounts in the social media space.

Just like there's impersonation in our offline dealings, so also is there impersonation online. Those who create these accounts do so to make fans of such a celebrity to follow the account. Sometimes out of volition but most times out of not being aware that those accounts do not belong to the person they claim it belongs to.

That's why you see things like "@TheMBuhari" which is a parody account of President Buhari on Twitter whose real account is "@MBuhari". At first glance, you will not notice the differences in these handles because the perpetrators always use same profile picture as the original account. So it only takes the eye of an eagle or somebody who already understands what abounds I the social media space, to spot the difference.

Other examples abound, like what you on Instagram, "fansofdavido" "fansoftekno" "fansoflaycon". Sometimes all these guys do is to change or add one letter to what the original reads. Like Laycon's account on Twitter was parodied from "@itslaycon" to "@iitslaycon". So if you are a fan of Laycon and wanted to follow him on Twitter, you might end up following a parody account without knowing.

Now, what is the intention of those who create parody accounts? The answer is simple, to sell it. That's why you see "30k Twitter account for sale", "100k Instagram account for sale". That's it. They grow these accounts to a certain stage and sell it. And all the buyer will do is to change the handle.

You see, I took the pain of giving the above clarification so that you will understand what we are talking about without much confusion.

Dj Switch's account on Twitter is "@Dj_switchaholic" and not "@Dj_Swiitch"( did you notice the double 'ii'?). The account that made that tweet of 78 persons killed at Lekki shooting was "@Dj_Swiitch"( a parody) and not "@Dj_Switchaholic" ( the real account).

Another thing you notice if you have the eye of an eagle, is that while the original @Dj_Switchaholic tweets through an android, the parody @Dj_swiitch tweets through an iPhone.

This clarification became imperative to counter the lies and propaganda in some section of both mainstream and the social media space as propagated by attacks dogs of some interests who have claimed that the destruction that occurred in Southwest in general and Lagos in particular was through Dj Switch incitement with that tweet of 78 persons killed being the most quoted. It will be clear now, that Dj Switch served no interest and incited nothing neither did she propagate any fake news.

A parody account was guilty.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44 don't you think people need to see this clarification?

4 Likes

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by edoairways: 8:12am On Nov 17, 2020
OfficialAwol that was how a guy faked Jonathan's account.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by PrinceGallant: 8:13am On Nov 17, 2020
Eku atotonu

1 Like

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by OfficialAwol(m): 8:14am On Nov 17, 2020
edoairways:
OfficialAwol that was how a guy faked Jonathan's account.

Classic example.

1 Like

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by Afamed: 8:16am On Nov 17, 2020
Fake account my foot. She should come out to defend her lies. From 75 to 50 down to 15 and again down to 7. The idiot should come and defend her lies. Truly she's DJ witch

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by poiZon: 8:20am On Nov 17, 2020
U r wasting time on zombies...
Those guys r programmed to be foolish, stupid and senseless.
Maybe 2021 they will get a new app install in their hollow chamber.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by CodeTemplar: 8:24am On Nov 17, 2020
The army shot at people for kill and achieved their aim. No doubts about that. Buhari knew what he was doing from the onset.
The thugs in jeeps driven by suited men is a pointer to the fact that FG started the infiltration. They needed to derail the protest in the eye of the public to justify the imminent soaking of dogs and baboons in blood. They also knew what it is too risky to do that in the north.

5 Likes

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by OfficialAwol(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2020
Afamed:
Fake account my foot. She should come out to defend her lies. From 75 to 50 down to 15 and again down to 7. The idiot should come and defend her lies. Truly she's DJ witch

Even after the painstaking clarification I made? With picture evidence attached? You still said this?

Nah! Your problem defies reason.

19 Likes

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by poiZon: 8:26am On Nov 17, 2020
Afamed:
Fake account my foot. She should come out to defend her lies. From 75 to 50 down to 15 and again down to 7. The idiot should come and defend her lies. The witch should come and defend her inconsistency
At least she didn't deny about her presence there unlike Nigerian Army u spend time defending, lasg u r keeping mute about their impropriety. From nobody was shot, to two died, from we didn't invite the army to the army saying they were called in by lasg.
U r trying to work ur pay I know but bobo don't act as if ur brain is dead.

12 Likes

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by 9jatriot(m): 8:28am On Nov 17, 2020
Go and tell this long epistle to those people who shops got burnt down, whose lives have been ruined. So she has had time to reflect on it and is beginning to see her folly, great, that is a starting point.

Her conscience go de disturb am de go throughout her life. I hear her name is now DJ Witch

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by Afamed: 8:30am On Nov 17, 2020
OfficialAwol:

Even after the painstaking clarification I made? With picture evidence attached? You still said this?

Keep quiet, anyone can create a pseudo image just to mislead and get emotion. The question remains where are the dead bodies from the Lekki Toll gate? Or did the Army aslo take away the families of the dead bodies away?
If the tweeter account was fake, did her live streaming on Instagram too when she claimed massacre was also fake?
The DJ witch will definitely face the consequences of her action, no matter how long it takes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by Okoroawusa: 8:30am On Nov 17, 2020
She has said so many inconsistent things since the night of 20th October 2020.

Which of them are we analyzing here?...

Abeg abeg make una no take DJ Switch story take start my day for me biko.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by Golan007: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2020
Switching the story again.

1 Like

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by amc: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2020
OfficialAwol:

The problem is some of you are trying so hard to cover for her lies.

The girl is a liar and a paid agent to destabilise Nigeria.

Even if she never claimed 78 died as you said, there has been other inconsistencies in her stores.

She is still claiming that the army killed some protesters and then the police came later to kill some more. In fact, she said SARS came later to kill.

She told ex CNN reporter Isha Sesay that she and some protesters carried 15 bodies and dumped them at the feet of the soldiers. She said she gave the list of those dead to a CNN reporter. She then told Canadian Parliament that she counted 7 shot down. So which is which?

In her live Instagram stream, she told the whole world they were removing bullets from someone's leg. The same bullet casing she presented in one of her videos.

In the same live Instagram stream, she claimed the army set fire to the toll gate to prevent them from leaving. She was screaming fire here, fire there. Was it the army who also set fire to the Ikoyi Bridge toll gates and adjoining building?

The gilr needs help before it destroys her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by HopeUzodinma: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2020
Afamed:

She's not coming anywhere. Buhari should come out and tell us who ordered the killings.

I wish I am djsqitch rn

1 Like

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by Afamed: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2020
poiZon:

At least she didn't deny about her presence there unlike Nigerian Army u spend time defending, lasg u r keeping mute about their impropriety. From nobody was shot, to two died, from we didn't invite the army to the army saying they were called in by lasg.
U r trying to work ur pay I know but bobo don't act as if ur brain is dead.
Nigerian Army was at the panel just last week to defend their claims. Tell the DJ witch to go to the Panel to defend her claims too
Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by Afamed: 8:44am On Nov 17, 2020
HopeUzodinma:

She's not coming anywhere. Buhari should come out and tell us who ordered the killings.

I wish I am djsqitch rn
So it's difficult to defend her own claims?
Most of you are pathetic contributors
Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by JAMO84: 8:44am On Nov 17, 2020
She said fifteen, later told the Canadian officials she saw seven bodies, but we are still looking for her to provide just one body.
Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by HopeUzodinma: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2020
Afamed:

So it's difficult to defend her own claims?
Most of you are pathetic contributors

What is there to defend? There was killings at lekki. Before the killings light went out and cameras stopped working to cover up the evil they were about to do.
So you want djswitch to tell you why the lights went out or why the cameras stopped working? Or why soldiers why shooting at youths singing the national anthem?
Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by 9jatriot(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2020
Indeed
Golan007:
dj SWITCH ing the story again.
Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by HopeUzodinma: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2020
JAMO84:
She said fifteen, later told the Canadian officials she saw seven bodies, but we are still looking for her to provide just one body.

Bodies that have been buried by the soldiers? Everything would probably have been captured by the cameras..ok, the cameras was switched off

1 Like

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by amc: 8:54am On Nov 17, 2020
HopeUzodinma:

Bodies that have been buried by the soldiers? Everything would probably have been captured by the cameras.. ok, the cameras was switched off

And what happened the hundreds of cameras of the protesters? Were they witched off too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by Ventura1: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2020
The parody account was created by government apologist who are hell-bent on instigating trouble which they will attributes to Endsars protesters.

They are equally available in large numbers on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by Afamed: 9:07am On Nov 17, 2020
HopeUzodinma:

Bodies that have been buried by the soldiers? Everything would probably have been captured by the cameras..ok, the cameras was switched off
So the bodies have no family members since over 26 days now to have known their relatives are missing?
I wonder how low your thinking faculty could be
Too many kindergartens on Nairaland these days
Re: Re: Dj Switch Never Said 78 Persons Were Killed At Lekki Shooting ( Pics). by JAMO84: 9:09am On Nov 17, 2020
HopeUzodinma:

The soldiers also bury the victims names and their families?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Of Bauchi Was Caught Singing Christian Song With Choir / The North Is Indeed POWERFUL! The ALPHA MALE Of Nigeria! / FBI Agent Robert Murphy:Allen Onyema Status As Wealthy Businessman Is A Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.