Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,907 members, 7,844,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Why Ebonyi APC Publicity Publicity Secretary May Have Resigned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ebonyi APC Publicity Publicity Secretary May Have Resigned (354 Views)

Sylvanus Namang: Gunmen Kill Plateau APC Publicity Secretary / List Of Rivers State Commissioners That Have Resigned / Umahi's Defection: Chika Nwoba Resigns As Ebonyi State APC Publicity Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ebonyi APC Publicity Publicity Secretary May Have Resigned by edogu(m): 10:05am On Nov 17, 2020
In 2018, the former publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Nwoba Chika Nwoba, was allegedly attacked by Governor Dave Umahi's boys popularly known as Akubaraoha Youth Assembly, alongside with some others like Charles Otu for criticizing the Governor using their Facebook page. The attack was allegedly lead by AYA leader, Mark Onu aka Chopper.

With the news about the Governor moving to APC, how do you expect the same Chika to remain in the same position as the party's Publicity Secretary. Of course, there is no way he can criticize the governor as the party's publicity secretary.

The honourable thing for him to do in this case is to resign which he did.

Read below what he wrote fews days concerning his attack in 2018 before he resigned.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How the attack happened. For those who had not read it directly from me after I was discharged from hospital in April, 2018:

That Tuesday evening, 22nd of March, 2018, I was at Chief Mrs Amaka Okeagu's house in Abakaliki. I got intelligence that there's a meeting going on at the defunct Ebonyi Hotels Ltd centering on how to perfect my assassination. Someone who was in the meeting alerted me. He was invited because he knew where I was living. They threatened to kill him if he refused to tell them my location. He denied knowing my location. Each of the four of the boys was given N5,000. That is, N20,000 to kill someone.

I briefed Mrs Okeagu the intelligence I got. She told me to stay back and never get back to my house at Nkaliki that same evening. I told her that my phone was very down and I didn't come along with my charger. She told me to forget about that and stay back for the sake of my life. I insisted that I leave so that I could travel to Awka early in the morning.
She said that I should not go. But when she saw how eagerly I was to leave, she sent someone, Ugochukwu Ogbu (Mature) to drive me through to house.

When I got to house, I began to load my cloths and other things in the bag so I could leave early in the morning. I woke up around 4AM to take bath waiting for the waking of dawn. I never knew the guys had come earlier with two Neighbourhood Watch motorcycles all steaming, but didn't know how to enter into the compound since gate was still locked. My landlord was a driver plying Abakaliki-Ogoja in Cross River State. About 5:30 AM, the landlord opened the gate and they rushed in. The landlord never understood what was going on. I was outside my bedroom at the time. Two entered into my room and two outside. Before I could know what was happening, the other two walked straight to me where I was sitting and discussing with a co-tenant.

They asked whom amongst us was Nwoba Chika Nwoba. The other man looked at me not knowing what was in the offing. I swiftly replied that I wasn't the one, telling them where to enter and see the guy. As they were turning back inside, I tried tiptoeing out of my position. Unfortunately, one of them looked back and told me: "If you move an inch, I gun you down". I asked myself rhetorically, "NCN, is this how you leave the surface of this earth?" Cold tears began to trickle down on my cheeks. My co-tenant never understood what was happening as he's shivering. The guy asked, "so, you are the Chika disturbing government on Facebook?" I was going down already because, the four of them bore cutlasses. There's no how I could have fought the four of them. He put his hand inside the coat he's wearing and brought out a sharp cutlass and landed it at my neck, as though to cut down a tree. The other person landed another one at my shoulder. The first guy landed another at my head, while the other gave me a terrible cut at the knee my right arm, tearing my veins. I was going down gradually.
The other two were guarding outside.

Something happened miraculously. Boys on the street began to come out. The two guys cutting me tried to handcuff me and take me to where they would butcher me. As they were doing so, realizing people were closing in on them, they left me, climbed their motorcycles and zoomed off. I was bleeding profusely. No one agreed to rush me to hospital. I ran out and was running through the APC secretariat which is situated close to my house. I saw two Ikwo guys who know me. I begged them to take me to Chief Fred Udeogu's or Comrade Chinedu Ogah's house who could take me to hospital. They didn't talk to me. They zoomed off.
I trekked back to my house where I was pushed into an ambulance to Hon. Iteshi Clinton Chika's house who them rushed me to C.P.S to take permission from police for treatment. The DPO said that they should rush me to hospital so I don't die in their station.

I told Clinton to dial Oguzor Offia Nwali's phone so he could dial Alex Oguta to protect my Facebook account as the guys collected my phone. Clinton rushed me to hospital and took pictures of me and sent to Facebook. From there, the news spread. Alex then did something to my Facebook account and before they could log in, my password and everything had been changed.
I started receiving treatment in hospital. In the same night, a lawyer fiend from Ezaa North came to see me in hospital. He began to reach out to the sponsors of my attack, telling them that I was still at the ward and they should come now. He didn't know I heard him clearly. I alerted security and told them what was happening. Two DSS officials came from their office and did something on my security. I was later transferred out of the ward. When the sponsors of my attack came, they're barred from entering the hospital from the gate.

From that night those close to me were told to be telling people that I was transferred to Enugu for further treatment, whereas I was at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki. Later that same day I was attacked, Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Umahi, Emma Uzor released statement absolving government of responsibility of the attack. He said that I was attacked at Ishieke in a hostel of a cultist's girlfriend. But I was attacked at Nkaliki. The distance is like the distance between Abakaliki and Enugu.

I left hospital April ending, second week of May, I was elected State Publicity Secretary of the APC in Ebonyi when I was not even a member yet.

That's how it happened.

NCN.

Also read:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/how-i-was-kidnapped-and-almost-killed/

Re: Why Ebonyi APC Publicity Publicity Secretary May Have Resigned by Moferere: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2020
The same Umahi they are projecting for President did this?

Na wa
Re: Why Ebonyi APC Publicity Publicity Secretary May Have Resigned by fergie001: 10:28am On Nov 17, 2020
Na wah....
Re: Why Ebonyi APC Publicity Publicity Secretary May Have Resigned by sapientia(m): 10:54am On Nov 17, 2020
The story got too many loop holes.

I can see him in blood but I dont trust the story.

Haba

(1) (Reply)

... / Allow Nigerians Bear Arms To Defend Themselves -professor Sagay Tells FG / Gombe Makes List Of States That Reduced Domestic Debt In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.