Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari (3108 Views)

Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel / Election Violence Panel: Jonathan Has No Powers To Probe Violence – Buhari / "You Don't Have Powers To Probe Violence" Buhari Tells Gej. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by meine: 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.), yesterday clarified that he had never advocated for political violence throughout his campaign rallies across the country.

He called on his supporters who coverged on the Sokoto Trade Fair Complex to cast their votes for CPC candidates in the April polls in the interest of the masses.

Buhari, who was in Sokoto State in continuation of his nationwide campaign rally, however, reiterated his commitment to carry all Nigerians along if he emerged as the next president of the county.

He said: “Cast your vote, protect it, and don’t allow anybody to snatch your ballot boxes. Anything short of that can make our effort in vain.’’

The former head of state maintained that if given the opportunity to rule the country once more, his government would wipe out corruption while prudence and accountability would be put in place. He said that he would run a government that would ensure equal treatment to all Nigerians irrespective of ethnicity, religion or geographical location.

Speaking during a courtesy call on the state governor, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko, at the Government House, Sokoto, Buhari said that if there was anything he feared most in his life it was violence because it made him lose many of his colleagues in the military.

“I saw the coup of January 1966; I saw the counter-coup. I saw the civil war. So if there is anything I feared, of course, it is violence because I experienced it. I lost friends and collegues in the military due to violence.

“I don’t advocate violence, but having been a presidential candidate twice, in 2003 and 2007 and because of what had happened, we are telling our supporters to help devise ways which they will ensure their votes were counted,” he said.

According to Buhari, “this is what I have been preaching and I am sure it was what President Jonathan preached while campaigning.”

In his remark, Governor Wamakko said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government both at the state and federal levels were committed to free, fair and transparent election in the country. He recalled Nigerian governors’ meeting with President Jonathan where, he said, the president sincerely told them “if we really love this country and want it to progress, we must conduct free and fair elections in 2011”.

Wamakko also said that, in Sokoto, they were against violence and this was what informed his recent warning that his government would not fold its arms to allow some unscrupulous elements in the society to cause a breach of peace.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by efisher(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
The man has gained some wisdom from experience however he has to watch his running mate closely. It takes two to tango.

Words of wisdom: "It does not always pay to have a golden tongue unless one has the ability to hold it" Paul Johnson
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by abopal: 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari's supporters compose of about 85% the down-trodden, the frustrated, the jobless/underemployed graduates, the suffering illitrates, the forgotten people who have no say in the society, the bankrupt entreprenuer who was driven out of business for lack of power or because Obj 'made 20 Billionaires' (as he claimed) through monopolies and bank debt, and a host of others who have given up on Nigeria.

From this backdrop, it is natural for Buhari's supporters to react to the BADLUCK PDP has inflicted upon them even without Buhari telling them.

Fellow Nigerians, the time is ripe, the time is NOW.
BELIEVE IN NIGERIA, VOTE FOR BB2011!
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by abopal: 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE PRESIDENT?

Jonathan has used up his GOODLUCK life-lines
the remaining one is the jonathan in him
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by heilige(m): 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
@Abopal, 9ice post,
Vote BB 2011
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by JUO(m): 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2011
u do
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2011
BLACK BERRY (BB) ARE JUST MAKING NOISE
CAUSING VIOLENT,
BUHARI : WE ALL KNOW YOU WILL LOSE,BUT BEFORE THEN,TELL BAKARA (FAKE PASTOR) TO SHUT UP AND CONCENTRATE MORE IN LOSING THEIR ELECTION AND ALSO STOP SAYING SOME CONTROVERSIAL WORDS "WILD WILD NORTH"
GEJ WILL BEAT YOU HANDS DOWN!!!!
BELIEVE IT
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari you can never rule us again if you like you go back to Sudan where you belong you are too violent
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by Beaf1: 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
dazey:

Buhari you can never rule us again if you like you go back to Sudan where you belong you are too violent

You sound like those rogues who never wanted to see Buhari in Aso Rock so as not to open their rotten/corrupt arses.

We need to build more jails in this country to be able to accommodate these criminals when time comes.

BB All the Way
cheesy cheesy
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by Joe50(m): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2011
Hmmm, i dey laugh, grin grin grin grin
i dey pity North, cos they're about to loose woefully again shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
some Hausa men says Buhari like farming and if he enter; that means they will go back to farming which is not possible for them cos this's the era of education.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i dey laugh Buhari for another loose. anyway he's a looser right from time lipsrsealed
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by slimghost(m): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
Only a fool would believe Buhari can win an election in Nigeria. Am waiting for u guys to eat ur words come April. I DEY LAFF!!!! Buhari my foot lipsrsealed angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
abopal:

Buhari's supporters compose of about 85% the down-trodden, the frustrated, the jobless/underemployed graduates, the suffering illitrates, the forgotten people who have no say in the society, the bankrupt entreprenuer who was driven out of business for lack of power or because Obj 'made 20 Billionaires' (as he claimed) through monopolies and bank debt, and a host of others who have given up on Nigeria.

From this backdrop, it is natural for Buhari's supporters to react to the BADLUCK PDP has inflicted upon them even without Buhari telling them.

Fellow Nigerians, the time is ripe, the time is NOW.
BELIEVE IN NIGERIA, VOTE FOR BB2011!

The misguided and over ambitious militray officers who truncated our democracy, trampled upon our laws, rubbished the police and rule us with draconian decrees where the ones who laid the foundations upon which corruption was built. Buhari is also guilty: he led the boys in 1983. The boys did not leave until 1999 (Imagine after 16 years). No, they did not leave, while leaving, they invited one of them (retired) in the person of OBJ who stayed for another 8 years. Now they want to come back! Buhari want to come back.

If we love Nigeria, if love democracy, then its Jonathan.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by benlay(m): 3:48pm On Mar 18, 2011
As much as i don't really like Buhari, let's come to think about it, GEJ is bereft of ideas, he has no vision, he just wants to be Nigeria's president for the record and the first SS man to be voted in Aso rock, Buhari is better but if compared with Ribadu, lipsrsealed
At this time we need people to get to work and stop telling us what they can't do in 16 years to come, "I'll build airports in 36 states, " that's not a smart thing to say to win election peeps.
we should do away with sentiments @ this time, i just want to see that our votes count.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by malali: 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2011
Joe50:

Hmmm, i dey laugh, grin grin grin grin
i dey pity North, cos they're about to loose woefully again shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
some Hausa men says Buhari like farming and if he enter; that means they will go back to farming which is not possible for them cos this's the era of education.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i dey laugh Buhari for another loose. anyway he's a looser right from time lipsrsealed

mr era of education
when you read finish
na book you cook for pot chop

sai buhari
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by kasiem(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
This like a boko haramist saying that he abhors violence. Big bastard(bb) try to put it into cognizance that we are gullible and neither about the political history of naija. U better go; hide ur face in one horrible forest, cos u aint fit to be identified as human.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by saokea(m): 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
During Buhari's regime, there was law and order. People did things right. Not the same with other past president.
I believe Buhari and Bakari have got a mind of their own, will try do the right things and ensure Nigeria is on the right path.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by Princek12(m): 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari's behavior shows that he has the propensity for violence and, if he were elected, would rule with an iron fist. This is not good for an alleged democratic society.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by Jakumo(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
Buhari is a dying man who would have no qualms about ordering scores of opposition supporters killed, given that he is extremely bitter over the fact that his days on earth are seriously numbered, even as he stares electoral defeat in the face for the SEVENTH consecutive time.

Seeing that all his stolen money won't another minute buy, Ayatollah Buhari, soon to become the proverbial dust in the wind, is DESPERATE to murder as many innocents as possible, in a futile attempt to collect slaves for the afterlife he will serve for eternity in hell.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by teskyg: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
Nigeria have short Memories.Idiagbon was the man in the Iron Mask,not Buhari, They bobo wan ruled by force, we shall see
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by seguno2: 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
saokea:

During Buhari's regime, there was law and order. People did things right. Not the same with other past president.
I believe Buhari and Bakari have got a mind of their own, will try do the right things and ensure Nigeria is on the right path.

Maybe you are

* dreaming
* too young to remember or
* you have enjoyed democracy and liberty for too long and forgotten the hypocrisy that is Buhari

In case you have forgotten, just a teaser:

No 1. He refused to testify at the Oputa panel.

The very same man who treated Nigerians with such contempt, such disregard, is now asking you to vote him president. It is difficult if not impossible to believe that such a person, given his apparent attitude to accountability, will take Nigeria forward never mind his vaunted discipline, incorruptibility etc.

I dont care who you are, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. His refusal to attend the panel is clear proof, to me at least, that he does not believe he should be held to account or made to answer for his actions. That is the clearest manifestation of tyranny, corruption and contempt that you are likely to find. If a former leader of hundreds of millions tells those people, to their face (korokoro as we say) that he cant be bothered to explain himself to them and wont do so, that tells me all I need to know about his mental processes - how he thinks and what is likely to issue from his leadership.

No 2. The Abacha connection.

You too may have read of his denials regarding the money Abacha stole.

The world knows Maryam Abacha and the Abacha family agreed to repay hundreds of millions in exchange for Mohammed Abacha's release. For Buhari to then deny that Abacha was corrupt or that he too looted seems absurd. That too tells me something about his arrogance and contempt for the Nigerian public; that denial represents an insult to our collective intelligence. If he knows more than we do on the subject, he should come out and say so, providing details and facts to back his argument. Instead, like any dictator, he simply tells us Abacha didnt steal money and he expects us to accept that, simply because he says so (you know, like a decree). Here again, you can see the lack of accountability and contempt for the masses he claims he wants to help.

Apart from that but still on the question of his involvement with the Abachas (leaving PTF aside), there is also the issue of Mohammed Abacha's candidacy in the gubernatorial elections in Kano.

ON April 18, 2005 Justice Amina Adamu Augie of the Court of Appeal in Abuja said that Mohammed Abacha would undergo a trial at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory due to offenses related to the stealing of public funds. Mohammed Abacha filed an appeal to fight the judgement. This is a matter of public record but Buhari, the only incorruptible man in Nigeria, supports Mohammed Abacha.

Here is a man who has been accused of stealing money; a court rules that he should answer for that, he files an appeal to frustrate such accountability but Muhammadu "Clean Hands" Buhari sees no problem in presenting such a person to the people of Kano as a potential governor (on the platform of the CPC).
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by EzeUche2(m): 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2011
Liar! Liar!

His supporters are more inclined to violence than members of any other political party.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by onyengbu: 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
@seguno2,
If i wasnt on mobile, I will copy ur post and paste it on every Buhari related thread for all his worshippers to read.
Muhammadu "Clean hands" Buhari, thats a new one!
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by Guylan(m): 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
I never liked the idea of  former military dictators campaigning to become the president of Nigeria.  No matter how good or intelligent they may claim to be.  No matter what change they may promise to bring. No matter whatever they promise. The truth is this: These are the same guys who laid the foundation of the mess upon which Nigeria stands today. Use your tongue to count your teeth before you vote. As for me, I'm for a change and no former military dictator will smell my vote grin
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by bisiaet: 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
Mr Man u DO!!!! dont lie about it ok!!!!!
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by RichyBlacK(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
I honestly do not believe that in a free and fair election, GEJ would win.

The only reason GEJ may win this election is through the powerful rigging machinery the PDP has almost perfected within the last 12 years.

The PDP is undoubtedly the most corrupt enterprise the African continent has ever mustered, and it is high time Nigerians voted them out!

I have no ties to Buhari whatsoever, however, I prefer a leader who is firm, bold and unafraid to upset the kleptocratic status quo than one who seems unsure, timid and afraid of the lootocrats surrounding him.

Another four years of PDP will only guarantee Nigeria's determined march to poverty, high illiteracy and mind-boggling corruption!
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by member479760: 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2011
Same people that said northern leaders ruled for decades with no success, no vision, no progress, corruption full, now rallying behind one of them again. With all the numbers of years they ruled this country they never upgrade the lives of their own people, they subjected their own people to total poverty, under-educated, beggars etc. Just ask yourself who was Buhari without Idiagbon?

Buhari as head of states for 20 months back then was a visionless man, no national plan immediately put in place, no plan for democracy, no freedom. His government subjected his own people to compulsory slavery thru weekly environmental sanitation whereas millions of people were jobless and ready to do the job to survive but said no jobs for you guys work for free.

Same Buhari that said his own people were not discipline and carried out openly abuse of his own people (koboko them on the street, etc), Same Buhari that disrupted democratic institution with his own hunger for power and same person will all condemned by then, now, my fellow brothers, for 1000 Nairas you plan to sell out your right to progress and development.
Think before you cast your vote, think about the future of your children and think about future of this country.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by shfizle(m): 1:49am On Mar 19, 2011
CORRUPTION is the widely accepted reason why nothing works in this country. PDP, ANPP and ACN have evolved internal structures that have placed so much burden on any candidate of theirs. He/she simply can not pursue (not sure Johnny boy intends to do anything like that anyway) any anti-corruption campaign since all the culprits are leaders of his party. Projects will either not be executed because they have been awarded to party officials with a culture of impunity or because the success will put a stop to their profits indirectly (eg the NEPA and generator sales theory). From Buhari's experience with ANPP, they are not far off from PDP in principle. The brain behind ACN (Tinubu) is not the most decent politician, Ribadu has also shown from the Obj era that he will only move in a direction dictated by his superior regardless of how it affects the integrity of his goals.
Buhari AND ONLY BUHARI is the only realistic candidate who is free from any Godfather influence and thus can proceed with any anti-corruption or nation building effort without bias or consideration of the gains of any other 'stakeholder', and that is not the only item in his manifesto.
This i believe any well meaning president in the future will need to do anything positive for the country.
Simply stated - we need to purge the system of corruption and start on a clean slate, BUHARI is the only aspirant that can clear it for us now. Not Ribadu, not Shekarau and DAMN NOT GOODLUCK

RIBADU - Tinubu's influence, Tainted by Obj era
SHEKARAU - Party bureaucracy, regional influence
JONATHAN - lacks experience, uncouth, poor decision making, docile, malleable, lack of definite plans, and surprisingly dull for a Phd holder.
BUHARI - Not influenced, determined, experienced, anti-corruption history and a clear detailed manifesto

PS: anyone who supports PDP has either been benefiting from their robbing of the nation, scared of being held accountable for actions, does not realise that the next four years is in his hands now or is so stupid he has allowed religious or tribal sentiments affect his judgements. The time is now, THINK, VOTE WISELY AND PROTECT YOUR VOTE
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by otokx(m): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2011
When they say protect your vote; i wonder what they mean.
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by samix(m): 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2011
I wonder why some people can be so so silly to see or probably they are just blind that jonathan is not and will never be the way forward, WHY? because he is dinning with the very wrong set of people including looters (Atiku, OBJ, Babangida etc), killers ( Anenih etc), pen robbers (bode george).
Yes Burahi is not perfect and he will never be (mind you, we NLanders are not perfect too) but among the three major candidates we've got buhari happens to be the best. If only one of his programme he is able to carry out which is removing immunity for elected offices then i am more than happy to campaign for him. Moreso, his achievements precedes him even Ribadu is not worth to tie his shoe laces as regards that because he was a tool in the hand of OBJ to punish his(OBJ) opponents.

BB 2011 all the way for me and my family
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by samix(m): 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2011
otokx:

its very simple, MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT by not allowing rigging in anyway
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by kelvin(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2011
otokx:

True, we have to make our vote count, say no to rigging, blah blah blah.
But it's hard to say no to rigging when the "riggers" have guns. angry
Re: I Don’t Advocate Violence - Buhari by otokx(m): 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
Let us not deceive ourselves; during common registration the type of violence metted out on some unfortunate corpers refusing to register under aged citizens and aliens up north is an eye opener. When we are ready for real democracy then we shall vote and then will be no need to protect vote as it will not be a do or die affair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano State Govt & Aji No Moto Economics / Ex Militant Sues Senator Pius Ewerido To Alero Over Non-payment Of Job / Meet the contestants in 2015/2016 Unilorin Students' Union Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.