Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Buyers Beware, Buyers Be Very Aware - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Buyers Beware, Buyers Be Very Aware (661 Views)

0 / Abbey Luck- Is A Fraudulent Dealer- Buyers Beware. He Also Jinx People. / FRAUD ALERT : Buyers Beware Of The Username Phammyus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buyers Beware, Buyers Be Very Aware by Globaltrux: 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2011
[/color]

Attention ALL prospective vehicle, truck & plant buyers from Nigeria!!!

I have just stumbled on what seems to be a NEW scam, this time it is appearing in UK trade magazines.

I was reading this week's truck trader and came across an advert in the plant section, the prices advertised seemed a bargain, (Remember the old saying, if something seems too good to be true, it most likely is), anyway, i phoned the numbers advertised, waited for answer, got message to hold while i wqs re-directed, then eventualy got answer machine asking for details and numbers + message , ended with undertaking to return call.
    As i do a lot of business in Nigeria and therefore call there very often, i am 99% certain that the lady delivering the message is the same on as i hear regularly when i call MTM Nigeria numbers.

I used a pre pay mobile phone, imagine my shock & horror when a few minutes later i tried to make another call, only to be told my credit was finished ?

It turns out that adverts placed via interned are for vehicles & machines that DO NOT EXIST and the number you are calling or the one you are redirected to are overseas / premimum rate numbers, so while you are giving your details and leaving a message, maybe even asking questions in good faith, you are clocking up a huge phone bill at what ever rate the scammer has set for his bogus number.

The only numbers i am currently aware of are numbers begining with 0844 & 0702, they are layed out and disguised to look like normal UK mobile numbers.

ALL I CAN SAY TO ALL THE HONEST BUYERS IN NIGERIA IS BEWARE!!!
[/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/b]
Re: Buyers Beware, Buyers Be Very Aware by uwemjack(m): 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2011
Thanks man, its noted

(1) (Reply)

Need A Very Reliable, Fast And Efficient Shipping Coy Frm Baltimore/nj To Lagos / Coralla 99 (toks) Needed For N700k Max! / I Need Partly Damaged Or Accident Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.