Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Day Of Adversity: What Happens When Yours Comes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Day Of Adversity: What Happens When Yours Comes? (2108 Views)

Joy In The Midst Of Adversity / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Day Of Adversity: What Happens When Yours Comes? by newmi(m): 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
Proverbs 24:10
"If thou faint in THE DAY F ADVERSITY thy strength is small"
There is a always a day of adversity for everyone according to the scriptures, even concerning our savour Jesus the bible records in Hebrews
Hebrews 2:14
"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy home that had the power of death, that is the devil"
then 1 Corinthians 10:13 says
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man----" that means that every man must of necessity have his or her share of these "common"temptation.

then Hebrews 2:18 concerning Jesus says
"For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted"
note "able to succour them that are being tempted" oh there are "them" that are being tempted?

WHAT TO DOES THE DAY OF ADVERSITY MEAN FOR THE CHRISTIAN
for the christian, "the day OF adversity" doesn't mean doomsday or day of punishment for wrongs done, we know so because for Jesus it wasn't doomsday day it was called a "test" and like every test they are designed for one thing and one thing only- PROMOTION.

l am not aware of any lecturer who prepares a test with the singular motive of demoting the students, every test conciled within is a promotion. For Jesus Christ who is our number one and perfect example, the book of Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author an finishes of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God"

its interesting that the writer of Hebrews 12:2 chose to use these significant expressions respectively about Jesus who for the joy that was set before him:
1. endured the cross
2. despised the shame

these two expression are significant because there vital truths about life embedded in them. I have often thought why didn't the writer by the inspiration of God's say: despising the cross and enduring the shame. You see the cross was a necessity thus could not be ignored but had to endure it while the shame was subject to his concent thus the bible records He despised it, that is He refused to regard it and attach any form of sense to it.

this is a vital truth in life as Christian, there are certain situations that of necessity we must have to go through because they are for our promotion. Little wonder the bible says in Isaiah 43:2 "When thou passeth through the waters, l will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee"

The bible says in "when" not "if" because they "if" is a probability but "when" is simply a matter of time be that as it may be rest assured you will certainly have to go through.

Isn't interesting that we are not "staying in" but "passing through", halleluya!!!

CONSOLATION IN THE DAY OF ADVERSITY
psalms 27:4-5
"One thing have l desired of the LORD, that will l seek after; that l may dwell in the house of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in THE secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me upon a rock"

The Hebrew word translated trouble here is the word translated "ra" which could be expressed by such English synonyms as: adversity, distress, displeasure, calamity and as a noun it could refer to simply a "evil" so the psalmist say in the day of evil, distress, adversity THE LORD WILL HIDE ME THAT IS HE WOULD CAUSE THE EVIL TO INTERPRETE MY PRESENCE AS ABSENCE WOW. HALLELUYA!! GOD IS FAITHFUL.

The bible calls God the Father of MERCIES AND ALL COMFORT
1corinthians 1:3 "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort".

Finally, at this point let me pray for anyone who is probably experiencing his or her own moments of trials and test, remember you are only PASSING THROUGH BECAUSE GOD HAS MOTIVE CALLED YOU TO REMAIN IN IT. I PRAY THAT THE GOD WHO IS THE FATHER OF MERCIES AND ALL COMFORT WILL STRENGTHEN YOU IN THE MIDST OF THAT HEAT AND THAT BY HIS SPIRIT YOU WILL COME OUT A LIVING TESTIMONY OF HIS FAITHFULNESS AND COMMITMENT TO HIS WORD. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Day Of Adversity: What Happens When Yours Comes? by simplymee: 9:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
I remember having to face one BRICK WALL during my final year, it was quite funny as i felt heat from my folks due to a lecturer's manipulation. I had to go an extra year and forfeit my NYSC that year. I had come across the scripture that 'There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man----" I Cor 10:13 and i knew that i had to trust God to see me through that phase of my life.I wrote the paper and i further went for a glorious NYSC SERVIVE YEAR. SINCERELY put, you will go through the fire but not be burnt up.
ALL the things that will come only increase your C.V , as that which you have overcome via strength by the word thru the days of adversity makes you believe him more for He that has promised is FAITHFUL AND ABLE. Remember; 2 Cor 4:8-9( We are troubled on every side , yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted , but not forsaken; cast down, but destroyed.
Re: Day Of Adversity: What Happens When Yours Comes? by Joagbaje(m): 8:09am On Mar 21, 2011
Evil day will come upon every person. It's a day when the devil come visiting . It comes in circles. From time to time. That's why a christian have to be decorated in his military gear every day.

Ephesians 6:11
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Re: Day Of Adversity: What Happens When Yours Comes? by newmi(m): 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2011
Thank you all for your contributions thus far, may God bless you immensely.
Just a couple of thoughts:
Proverbs 24:10
"If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small"
You l once heard of a story of a glass filled mid-way with water and two persons where called to give their deductions on it, then the first came and said "the glass is half empty" while the other said"the glass is half filled". Now the both of them are relatively correct the difference is simply in the perspectives. The first person viewed it from a "negative"perspective, while the other viewed it from a "positive" perspective.

l found out that there is good in everything especially for the believer little wonder the bible says Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"

There is good in every adversity whether it came from Satan or as a resultant of our own doings (mistake).

In the opening scripture above, the bible says your strength is small if thou faint in the day of adversity, the word translated "Small" here is the Hebrew word translated "tsar " which means narrow.
Then also the Greek word translated "faint" in the context is the word translated "raphah" raphah means to let go, to slacken, to be weaken etc
that means if you "let go" in the day of adversity, as negative as it sounds or may be the good there is that it only succeeds in revealing the measure of our strength which is little or narrow.
Let go of what?
Hebrews 3:6 "But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto te end"

Hebrews 3:14 "For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfastly unto end"

Hebrews 4:14 "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that spared into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession"

the word used here to express "hold fast" is the word "krateo" which means to use strength, seize or retain. You know some times we are so hard pressed on every side that we fill like given up while some re-energize and stay strong on the promise of God others lack the strength to seize or retain their hold on the word then they let go of(faint).

But the goodnews is that even if you have fainted as a result of the magnitude of pressure don't get loose all hope yet, it only happened to reveal the true state of your strength so what do you do you go top on your strength jar by the word of God preparing for another day like Jo said quoting Ephesians 6:11 let us be fit and fortified with God's word.

Be encouraged by these words
Job 14:7-9
"For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; Yet through the scent of water it will Buenos, and bring forth boughs like a plant"

THIS A WORD FOR SOMEBODY, GOD BLESS YOU.

(1) (Reply)

Ten Things That God Wants You To Do / Did God Really Create Man From Sand As The Bible Says? / NASA Finds Message From God On Planet Mars‏

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.