Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car (1442 Views)

Help Me Explain This Gear Automatic System / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by ShutdownBrown24(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
I got my car diagnosed today. These are the issues the computer brought up.

Please help me explain this. If possible include the cost for me.

This is 03 Toyota Camry

Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by utepu: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
It obvious your car is misfiring. As in your car dey jerk. You need to check that nozzle and or the spark plug where your engine is not getting adequate supply of current and or combustion
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by Blackbishop(m): 6:38am On Nov 20, 2020
O² Sensor needs Replacement
MAF sensor too needs Replacement
Cylinder 2 misfire needs to be check to determine the actual cause, from plug to coil to noozle that can only be done by physical inspection.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by melviniyke2002(m): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2020
Blackbishop:
O² Sensor needs Replacement
MAF sensor too needs Replacement
Cylinder 2 misfire needs to be check to determine the actual cause, from plug to coil to noozle that can only be done by physical inspection.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
pls oga bishop any idea on d price of 02 sensor upstream 05 camry
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by Blackbishop(m): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2020
melviniyke2002:
pls oga bishop any idea on d price of 02 sensor upstream 05 camry

30k OEM

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by melviniyke2002(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2020
Blackbishop:

30k OEM
tnxs
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
utepu:
It obvious your car is misfiring. As in your car dey jerk. You need to check that nozzle and or the spark plug where your engine is not getting adequate supply of current and or combustion

wrong way of approach

the o2 code is most likely triggered by the misfire

the flow meter and intake air temperature circuit high out, and can throw a misfire code

1st sort out the misfire issue

2nd clear the o2 code

3rd see if it comes back

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by naijadrivablog: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2020
Blackbishop:

30k OEM

Oga, give am price of fairly used or another brand new wey cheaptongue

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by ShutdownBrown24(m): 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

wrong way of approach

the o2 code is most likely triggered by the misfire

the flow meter and intake air temperature circuit high out, and can throw a misfire code

1st sort out the misfire issue

2nd clear the o2 code

3rd see if it comes back

Sorry ... I don’t understand you. Can you break it down to a layman terms. I’m new to cars thanks
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
ShutdownBrown24:

Sorry ... I don’t understand you. Can you break it down to a layman terms. I’m new to cars thanks

ok lets start from begin

what made you scan your car ?

is it misfiring ?
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by ShutdownBrown24(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

ok lets start from begin

what made you scan your car ?

is it misfiring ?

The major reason I scanned the car is that the car consumes so much fuel. 5k fuel can finish within 30mins with AC......... 50mins without AC.

The car shock me. That’s while I had to scanned the car.

The misfiring in the car.. I’ve not experience it. The car move smoothly. It’s just the fuel consumption.
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:34am On Nov 21, 2020
ShutdownBrown24:

The major reason I scanned the car is that the car consumes so much fuel. 5k fuel can finish within 30mins with AC......... 50mins without AC.

The car shock me. That’s while I had to scanned the car.

The misfiring in the car.. I’ve not experience it. The car move smoothly. It’s just the fuel consumption.

ok have tried to clear the codes and see if they come back ?

well as for fuel consumption to calculate it, we need the number of litres you bought not the price

1 we need the distance you travelled
2 was the driving a city driving or high way driving
3 what was the average speed
4 the load of the car eg how many people where in the car

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by ShutdownBrown24(m): 6:22am On Nov 21, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

ok have tried to clear the codes and see if they come back ?

well as for fuel consumption to calculate it, we need the number of litres you bought not the price

1 we need the distance you travelled
2 was the driving a city driving or high way driving
3 what was the average speed
4 the load of the car eg how many people where in the car

Just city drive..... I have a friend who have just the same 2003 Camry. The fuel economy in his car na die. The car saves his money in terms of fuels.

He can steam his car for 1 hour with AC on... The fuel will only consumes little.

I was shock... while is my own different. I had to conduct the scan.

The machanic told me the sensor is bad and the both catalyst was removed
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by Blackbishop(m): 7:10am On Nov 21, 2020
naijadrivablog:

Oga, give am price of fairly used or another brand new wey cheaptongue

There is one been sold at ladipo around 15k or 18k that I can't give guarantee. If you want that pls go ahead. But not from me
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by Eboski(m): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
where the location of the car? how you in Lagos or enviro?
Re: Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car by oweniwe(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2020
ShutdownBrown24:

Just city drive..... I have a friend who have just the same 2003 Camry. The fuel economy in his car na die. The car saves his money in terms of fuels.

He can steam his car for 1 hour with AC on... The fuel will only consumes little.

I was shock... while is my own different. I had to conduct the scan.

The machanic told me the sensor is bad and the both catalyst was removed

Your car thermostat has likely been removed

(1) (Reply)

2jz Ball Joint Wohala / Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv / Best OBD2 Auto Mileage Correction Tool For VW Golf 6 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.