Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr (37812 Views)

Okocha Reacts To Super Eagles 3 - 2 Win Over Cameroon / Nigerians Want Amunike To Take Over From Gernot Rohr Now / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 12:28am On Nov 20, 2020
The super eagles of Nigeria no doubt is one of the power house of African football with great exploits and talented players over the years.
But with the result so far this year the team looks a shadow of itself.

In fact throughout this calendar year 2020 the team has not won a single game. Both in competitive and friendly matches. The worse been the unacceptable 4-4 drew with Sierra Leone a team ranked 120 in the world.

And when a team is not performing in spite of the abundance of talents at its disposal. Then the coach needs to be changed since.

Therefore Gernot Rohr who has served as the second longest coach in Nigeria is yet to maintain a first eleven in more than two games
And worse of, the technical blunders the team makes in critical games is unpardonable.

Yes the argument for Rohr has been he lead us to a 3rd place finish at AFCON and qualified us for world cup. But that's in the past. And that feat has been also achieved by our local coaches. In fact Stephen Keshi exceeded that feat.. He won us the AFCON and even took us the world cup with a commendable performance. Yet when he couldn't performed again he was excused..

So why not if Four has reached his peak. Only one option is left..... Allow him use the exit door.

And the next question is who takes over after Rohr that will be tactically sound enough to lead this team to glory.

Three names comes to mind

Emmanuel Amunike

Sunday Oliseh

Hervé Renard

So guys who should take over as Super Eagles coach.

By : Robosky02

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by rossniti: 12:34am On Nov 20, 2020
For me, AMUNIKE. Definitely.

He is highly qualified, with all the right coaching badges, and was a top top player in his time, plying his trade with the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Barcelona, and voted African Footballer of the Year, 1994.

Only injury sustained in that Nigeria v Italy game in the 1994 World Cup cut short his career.

Although he went on to win Olympic gold with the Dream Team in Atlanta 96, I don't think he ever fully recovered from that Italy game, where he and Daniel 'The Bull' Amokachi were deliberately taken out by the Italians.

If that hadn't happened, the Super Eagles would have reached the final of that World Cup.

They were that good.

'Ammunition' knows football inside out, and deserves a chance at managing the team he served so well in his prime.

I honestly have no idea how we have people like him in Nigeria, with such vast world experience and knowledge of the game, yet we have Gernot Rohr as national team coach.

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Samylekey(m): 12:34am On Nov 20, 2020
tongue
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Gullah: 12:38am On Nov 20, 2020
All of them are good. They are all better than Rohr

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 12:44am On Nov 20, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by bigdammyj: 12:46am On Nov 20, 2020
Noted

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by parkervero(m): 4:37am On Nov 20, 2020
The man should be replaced with someone that can perform better.

I think Sunday oliseh has learnt his lesson over the years. He should be given the job to proof he can deliver.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by ursullalinda(f): 4:37am On Nov 20, 2020
Anybody is better than this present coach......the guy na confirmed failure......he should take the exit door.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 4:39am On Nov 20, 2020
rossniti:
For me, AMUNIKE. Definitely.

He is highly qualified, with all the right coaching badges, and was a top top player in his time, plying his trade with the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Barcelona.

Only injury sustained in that Nigeria v Italy game in 1994 cut short his career.

'Ammunition' knows football inside out, and deserves a chance at managing the team he served so well in his prime.

I honestly have no idea how we have people like him in Nigeria, with such vast world experience and knowledge of the game, yet we have Gernot Rohr as national team coach.

SECONDED!!!!

And UMARU UMAHI too for 2023. PDP and Wike for DUSTBIN

6 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by yusufobinna1(m): 4:39am On Nov 20, 2020
Amunike is better

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by kranka12: 4:40am On Nov 20, 2020
I chose Renard

26 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Gadaluck(m): 4:41am On Nov 20, 2020

Oliseh would make a good coach. With him there'd be good work ethics by the players and super star attitude will not be tolerated. He served well in the Dream Team era plus he's very knowledgeable about the game. The team needs a firm and no nonsense coach. If not him then Amunike should take the job....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by TriCee: 4:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Hmmm, Oliseh again? That bros good, but get issue for human management.

Well, they all look better than Rohr.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by vanderwaal404(m): 4:41am On Nov 20, 2020
To me, I prefer Renard.

He understands
African football. shocked

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by oluwaahmed: 4:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Hervé Renard apart from being a good coach is a master tactician and knows african football. He will do wonders with the national team. Same for amunike.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Officialhorlah(m): 4:42am On Nov 20, 2020
Nigeria don tire megrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by ceeceeco: 4:43am On Nov 20, 2020
I'd have preferred Amunike, but for the fact our indigenous coaches are not being respected enough, I'd go for Herve Renard, he has a lot of experience in Africa football.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by DarkJeddi(m): 4:43am On Nov 20, 2020
Remove Oliseh out of that list..
The man is an insult to the term 'good Coaches'.
Clueless,Vindictive Mor0n..

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Navalsadiq(m): 4:47am On Nov 20, 2020
We don't need a person like Stephen keshi.

He is rude proud and arrogant.he was given that

opportunity before.i think they should go for

Emmanuel amunike.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Leemekzy: 4:47am On Nov 20, 2020
ROHR should continue. If any of these coaches takes over and they lose 1 match na una go still talk say make them sack them.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:49am On Nov 20, 2020
With so much young talents abroad players , we should just look for some golliat defenders from our league like Senegal 2002 and restore confidence in them ,dem go fit buldoze players with ball together , no bi all those defenders wey dem born abroad like foreign agric fowl.small head but, their head don turn pieces

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by DarkJeddi(m): 4:49am On Nov 20, 2020
parkervero:
The man should be replaced with someone that can perform better.

I think Sunday oliseh has learnt his lesson over the years. He should be given the job to proof he can deliver.
Oliseh is a Clueless INTOLERANT Scam..
And you don't give people the National Team Job to prove that they can deliver..
You employ people that have PROVEN that they can deliver..

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by DarkJeddi(m): 4:51am On Nov 20, 2020
Navalsadiq:
We don't need a person like Stephen keshi.

He is rude proud and arrogant.he was given that

opportunity before.i think they should go for

Emmanuel amunike.
You meant person like OLISEH.. shocked

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by SmartPolician: 4:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Hervé Renard has a good reputation for coaching African national teams

Nigeria should give him a shot

I hear that players rarely respect Nigerian coaches.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by RichDad1(m): 4:54am On Nov 20, 2020
Arsene Wenger or Joakim Low will be better.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by RichDad1(m): 4:54am On Nov 20, 2020
Arsene Wenger or Joakim Low will be better. grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Lionheartedfew: 4:55am On Nov 20, 2020
Thunder fire anybody wey mention Oliseh name, and fire Oliseh in addition. After leaving The Super Eagles stranded, he shouldn’t even be allowed near the under 18 falcons.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Sonoyom(m): 4:55am On Nov 20, 2020
The job should be given to Oliseh so that confusion will return to the team since our sports administrators no get sense.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by AFULA(m): 4:55am On Nov 20, 2020
okay
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by mrkings84(m): 4:57am On Nov 20, 2020
for now i dont think there is anyone who is not better than Rohr

Let's try Yakubu Ayebeni

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by tobechi74: 5:00am On Nov 20, 2020
Good
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by backbone503(m): 5:02am On Nov 20, 2020
Remove Oliseh from that list

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Barcelona Fan Dies In Yola, Adamawa While Celebrating His Team's Victory / Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club / Fury calls Joshua a coward for failing to meet 5pm deadline. Fight called off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.