Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club (37806 Views)

Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo And Lionel Messi Play Chess In Louis Vuitton Ad / Josh Maja Rejects Sunderland 7 Times Wage Increase Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by ogbiwa: 4:32am On Dec 25, 2020
An agreement has been reached for Kyril Louis-Dreyfus to buy Stewart Donald's controlling interest in Sunderland, paving the way for a takeover.

Aged just 22, Louis-Dreyfus, the son of former Marseille owner Robert Louis-Dreyfus, would become the youngest chairman in English football.

The Frenchman will become chairman in the new year, subject to approval by the English Football League.

Donald, who stepped down as chairman in July, holds a 74% stake in the club.

"It's been no secret that I have been looking for some time to find the right person to take Sunderland forward," Donald told the club website.

"During the course of the last year there have been a lot of different people wanting to take over.

"However, even though it is a matter of public record that some of those bidders offered me more money, I felt that they offered less to the club and to the community.

"Whereas from the early meetings with Kyril, his family and advisers, I have been greatly impressed with their knowledge and understanding, learned over a long period as owners of major football clubs in Belgium and France.

"I believe that experience, combined with a good plan, will provide a platform for the club to progress and I look forward to watching that progress from afar."

Former Eastleigh owner Donald has been Sunderland's majority shareholder since May 2018, when he took over from previous owner Ellis Short.

He has been trying to sell the Black Cats for the past 12 months and said he was "desperate to get out" of the League One club in the summer.

"We respectfully await the EFL's approval for this transaction," Louis-Dreyfus said.

"Nonetheless it would be remiss of me at this stage not to emphasise what an enormous honour it would be for me to become involved with such a historic club, in a city renowned for its rich football culture going back to 1879.

"Many will be aware of my family connections to the industry and, in acquiring Sunderland AFC, I understand the responsibility that's placed upon me as the custodian of the club's future.

"If we all play our parts, I firmly believe we can restore Sunderland AFC to the top tier of English football and I can't wait to get started."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55441731

15 Likes

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by ogbiwa: 4:33am On Dec 25, 2020
The real "young money".

253 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by illicit(m): 4:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Saraki too has one son like that....

Rich people

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by osamz007: 4:50am On Dec 25, 2020
ogbiwa:
The real "young money".
for your own thread u still first collect oya take am

216 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by AlhajiNatty(m): 5:11am On Dec 25, 2020
Young money.
Hopefully, one day, I will get to buy my darling Enyimba from Abia state government and restore her back to Glory days which is where she truly ought be.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 25, 2020
ogbiwa:
An agreement has been reached for Kyril Louis-Dreyfus to buy Stewart Donald's controlling interest in Sunderland, paving the way for a takeover.

Aged just 22, Louis-Dreyfus, the son of former Marseille owner Robert Louis-Dreyfus, would become the youngest chairman in English football.

The Frenchman will become chairman in the new year, subject to approval by the English Football League.

Donald, who stepped down as chairman in July, holds a 74% stake in the club.

"It's been no secret that I have been looking for some time to find the right person to take Sunderland forward," Donald told the club website.

"During the course of the last year there have been a lot of different people wanting to take over.

"However, even though it is a matter of public record that some of those bidders offered me more money, I felt that they offered less to the club and to the community.

"Whereas from the early meetings with Kyril, his family and advisers, I have been greatly impressed with their knowledge and understanding, learned over a long period as owners of major football clubs in Belgium and France.

"I believe that experience, combined with a good plan, will provide a platform for the club to progress and I look forward to watching that progress from afar."

Former Eastleigh owner Donald has been Sunderland's majority shareholder since May 2018, when he took over from previous owner Ellis Short.

He has been trying to sell the Black Cats for the past 12 months and said he was "desperate to get out" of the League One club in the summer.

"We respectfully await the EFL's approval for this transaction," Louis-Dreyfus said.

"Nonetheless it would be remiss of me at this stage not to emphasise what an enormous honour it would be for me to become involved with such a historic club, in a city renowned for its rich football culture going back to 1879.

"Many will be aware of my family connections to the industry and, in acquiring Sunderland AFC, I understand the responsibility that's placed upon me as the custodian of the club's future.

"If we all play our parts, I firmly believe we can restore Sunderland AFC to the top tier of English football and I can't wait to get started."

Lalasticlala Mynd44

And that illustrious last name Dreyfus...

He's of Jewish ancestry for sure. Definitely a French Jew from around Alsace.

I am almost sure he is somehow related to the famous French Colonel, Alfred Dreyfus of the 'Dreyfus Affair' fame.

Forget about the billions, that family has always been big- militarily, politically, business-wise.
The name alone shook France to its very roots back in the 19th century.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by ogbiwa: 6:28am On Dec 25, 2020
osamz007:

for your own thread u still first collect
oya take am

I see this is now a new trend here. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Kingluqman(m): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2020
Cool
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by hisexcellency34: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
When will Dangote buy Arsenal? So so noise

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Abboki: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Tab4kids(f): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
grin
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by AFULA(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
okay
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by FactBoyz: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
angry
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Tobinrobin(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
Young Money!!
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by jericco1(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
I need to take matters into my hands undecided
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Rexnegro(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
God when pls ehn
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Sarmiz24(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
Owo money Ego
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
Money is the answer for everything

MERRY XMAS Nairalanders; wishing you all a Prosperous new year in advance

1 Like

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Ezmans: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2020
ogbiwa:

end of Sunderland soon assnal my club I'll be like this

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by tydi(m): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Xmas y'all

The kind of friends I'm making come 2021

3 Likes

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by sunshineV(f): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2020
if they sell the club for a nigerian he will use it for money laundering

1 Like

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Roon9(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2020
Maybe he's into Bitcoin business grin
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by OgaRico(m): 8:12am On Dec 25, 2020
@22 I bin no dey captain my street football four aside.
God,abeg e no go bad if my sons sef dey positive news like this in the future.Amen
Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by captainamiedi1: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:
When will Dangote buy Arsenal? So so noisoe

Calm down. He is still building his refinery. When he is done, he will buy arsenal. By then, arsenal go dey league two

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by IgboWarlord(m): 8:12am On Dec 25, 2020
[quote author=mansakhalifa post=97405243]

And that illustrious last name Dreyfus...

He's of Jewish ancestry for sure. Definitely a French Jew from around Alsace.

I am sure he is somehow related to the famous French Colonel, Alfred Dreyfus of the 'Dreyfus Affair' fame.

The name Dreyfus shook the world in the last years of the 19th century..With the whole Devil's Island imprisonment business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by Janiobi(m): 8:12am On Dec 25, 2020
how old is Nigeria again? who for this age think of buying a club for 9ja?
Nawha ooh. money no dey yet 22yrs buy club. thunder fire poverty. oya, all my gees, activation mode. we too go buy club for our unborn child.
no be night club ooh

5 Likes

Re: Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club by chukycollections(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2020
AlhajiNatty:
Young money.
Hopefully, one day, I will get to buy my darling Enyimba from Abia state government and restore her back to Glory days which is where she truly ought be.

As dangote pikin, Abi??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Barcelona Fan Dies In Yola, Adamawa While Celebrating His Team's Victory / I’m A Pure Yoruba Man From Nigeria - Emmanuel Adebayor / African Referees Selected For FIFA 2022 World Cup In Qatar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.