Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star (43082 Views)

Meet Omah Lay, The Fast Rising Nigerian Singer Similar To Rema And Fireboy / DJ Barbie Performs At Ecofest In Sierra Leone, Pronounced No.1 African Star / #MoralInstruction: Falz Explains The Sudden Disappearance Of His Beard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Liposure: 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
Midas01:
It's not about being relevant after 10 years.. wizkid has been relevant all his career but has been singing rubbish for at least 4 years now.

Give credit where due... This guy's songs are exceptional, and I mean every single one of them. Wizkid and Davido no do pass like this.
wizkid and davido are just surviving past glory. Their music now is nothing to write home about. Thats the truth
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Stricklybidness(m): 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
morbid:
He chose a good career part. Any profession that affords one the opportunity to travel the world and see other ways of thinking is the way to go.

I hope he eschews "babymamaism" which looks like the latest vogue in the industry now.
Which other profession
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by broom26955: 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Although am not a fan of Nigerian artiste because they sing dog shit except Burna boy, 2face and wizkid

But as a real niggarrr I must admit
Omah lay dey flow well anyday anytime twice on Friday..but he should stop doing one same shitt style of songs
I even dey blow my weed with his songs right now
. Boss , i been dey text you before about hustle matter but are not replying anymore, i really need you please in your kind heart teach me this hustle i want to be running things on my own. There is nothing to pick at home anymore Most of the guys i know are not willing to teach me and i do not know why, Baba please help i am willing to oblige to your conditions just please help me to break free and be independent

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Liposure: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
Soarr:
Listened to his infinity and he killed it
He has the same style as tems..
If this style can be adopted fully, well we plenty wey dey do this style and because people like Johnny drill wasn't really adopted, we stepped back
john drill dey sing
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Liposure: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2020
sammysneh:

You know good music, wizkid is overrated
i miss the old wiz
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by blingxx(m): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Although am not a fan of Nigerian artiste because they sing dog shit except Burna boy, 2face and wizkid

Omah lay dey flow well anyday anytime twice on Friday..but he should stop doing one same shitt style of songs

I can feel slawormir vibing to "bad influence" grin
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by blingxx(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
gunners160:
this guy sings beta than those rubbish Davido and Wizkid are singing this days. Because of the useless review I saw on NL I went to download the complete album of wizkid " made in Lagos" and Davido " A better time " since then my ears just dey bleed

he will outshine those overrated niqqaz their time in the music industry is limited they never know tho ,them go become old school very soon just like dbanj undecided
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Akabuking: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I love his songs. Especially Ye Ye Ye grin grin
Always on repeat
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by abiodunnoni(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
We've seen his type severally. Na ritual Dem dey do. They will blow for like 1 or 2 years before they disappear into oblivion like a fart in the wind.
Since Na u Dy do d rital for them go and do for urself too mtcheew
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by LoneWolf200(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
Fools wey dey compare dis Omah lay with wizkid &/Burna, stop am!!! his durability/test of time will tell, calc wizkid & burna album in respect to years they've been reigning, Nigerians like comparison!!! BS!
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by PBeni(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

You're a reall niggarrr cool
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Realhommie(m): 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
Midas01:
It's not about being relevant after 10 years.. wizkid has been relevant all his career but has been singing rubbish for at least 4 years now.

Give credit where due... This guy's songs are exceptional, and I mean every single one of them. Wizkid and Davido no do pass like this.
And i didn't give credit?

When you say his songs are exceptional, in what way exactly? Because his lyrics ain't really all that, similar to the ones we've been hearing. Or is it the beats/rhythm? Nothing exceptionally different from what we're used to hearing.

I reckon he's good, no doubt. Again he's new so the crave for him/his music isn't unexpected. To say Wizzy and Davido didn't do this much, that's not true. It's just different times.

Is he as talented as Wande Coal or Wurld? Even Fireboy will best him, you can take that to the bank. So enough of the hype.
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Realhommie(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
blingxx:

he will outshine those overrated niqqaz their time in the music industry is limited they never know tho ,them go become old school very soon just like dbanj undecided
Obviously, he looks like the next big superstar... Every once in a while one or 2 pops up and hold it down.

Himself, Rema are definitely the ones Wizzy talked about who'll take Nigerian Music to the next level, he said so in a recent interview. Maybe a few others too. He's good and he seems like the chosen one now, he's graced.
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by emoney09: 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
oh
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Liposure: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
Lamanii22:

Yeah it's always too short... I always put it on repeat lol...
l steadily vibe to low low low low

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by goodheart02(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
inoki247:
I pray say him one pattern of music no quick fade..

And I noticed something all him song no dey pass 2min plus..

Oga what is it with u and Omah Lay?? Him snatch ya wife?? You're on every thread castigating him. Mind u that pattern is his own style and that's what makes him special from the others singing thrash. And mind u, it's better I listen to a 2 minute song than waste 5 mins listening to dog shit.

Learn to appreciate talent and we move!
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by SKINDOGGY: 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
angry grin
gunners160:
this guy sings beta than those rubbish Davido and Wizkid are singing this days. Because of the useless review I saw on NL I went to download the complete album of wizkid " made in Lagos" and Davido " A better time " since then my ears just dey bleed
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by donforeign: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
inoki247:

Na one way pattern bro like dem Wurld, Ric Hassani, Nonso Amadi and Maleek Berry shey u still dey hear dem sing like before..

Na he gat different vibes . E go last for the industry trust me
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by donforeign: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Leave that nigga. He no dey listen to this kind musician.. Na raggae nigga dey like grin He go come ask us now,wetin we know for music grin grin.

He don burst her eye glass.. See her eyes e don red.. tongue

I dey like remix the guy songs en.. Only say studio no near my house.. grin

Lol.. d guy Sabi vibes en

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Abagworo(m): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
From Ikwerre Local Government Area (Kelga) of Rivers State. His family is rich any way
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by NeeKlaus: 10:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
maddman:

I'm surprised nobody's talking about his new EP

Out of the four-tracked project he dropped hours ago, only "godly" and "can't relate" are worthy of replay.
Listen again and you will slowly add Confession and Can't Relate to that list.

I felt same too.
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by streetsoldier1(m): 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
This Omo ale abi wetin una dey call am must have paid heavily for all the shots written above about him. Anyways, they all sing rubbish, no moral or meaningful content. Songs that will fade after new year .
Mtcheeeew
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by CuntMiner(m): 11:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
Raydos:
This guy no sing reach me I swear!!!

Nah Pride wan finish me, If I lie go ask Airforce and AndyBlaze
hi,im an agitator of oduduwa republic too
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Raydos: 11:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
CuntMiner:
hi,im an agitator of oduduwa republic too

Wow!! I'm always happy when I see people who share the same view as me!!

One nigeria obviously Is not working and besides, This Fulani are starting to cross their boundaries over to the SW to wreck havoc and destroy our land, And Buhari the president is giving them more power to dominate over us by opening the Nigerian border to the Fulanis in Niger republic, and signing some unreasonable bilateral relation between the two nation which has no effect in an average Nigerian man's life — The future is not bright here at all

Our best bet is Oduduwa republic, We and these abokis share nothing in common, We're industrious, Educated, Hardworking But they are Bandits, Boko Haram, religion fighters!!

It's better to let go!!

Nice to meet you bro!!

Oduduwa a gbe wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by CuntMiner(m): 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Raydos:

Wow!! I'm always happy when I see people who share the same view as me!!

One nigeria obviously Is not working and besides, This Fulani are starting to cross their boundaries over to the SW to wreck havoc and destroy our land, And Buhari the president is giving them more power to dominate over us by opening the Nigerian border to the Fulanis in Niger republic, and signing some unreasonable bilateral relation between the two nation which has no effect in an average Nigerian man's life — The future is not bright here at all

Our best bet is Oduduwa republic, We and these abokis share nothing in common, We're industrious, Educated, Hardworking But they are Bandits, Boko Haram, religion fighters!!

It's better to let go!!

Nice to meet you bro!!

Oduduwa a gbe wa ooo
lolz,when I say I'm an agitator, I do not really mean a soft agitator, or keyboard warrior, I mean really militia agitator,u will start seeing groups popping up, u think this Fulani people will give us our country, I'm sick and tired of this nation, a university graduate without a proper work still depending on parents, my friend sister died at home when she wanted to give birth due to hospital strike... don't let me continue..
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Raydos: 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
CuntMiner:
lolz,when I say I'm an agitator, I do not really mean a soft agitator, or keyboard warrior, I mean really militia agitator,u will start seeing groups popping up, u think this Fulani people will give us our country, I'm sick and tired of this nation, a university graduate without a proper work still depending on parents, my friend sister died at home when she wanted to give birth due to hospital strike... don't let me continue..

Gosh!!!! I'm so sorry about your sister's loss!! Everything is so fūçked up in this country, I'm also not just a keyboard warrior!!

Just a matter of time, we'll achieve our aim!!

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by mcquin(m): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2020
rachytenny2:
His songs are good really. l love them.
But am l the only one seeing this? undecided
He looks so much like Kiss Daniel
I swear you are not. Read through the analysis, was looking out for the Op to point that out.
Na me still like your comment cause e be like na only you see wetin I see.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by LuciusX: 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
morbid:
He chose a good career part. Any profession that affords one the opportunity to travel the world and see other ways of thinking is the way to go.

I hope he eschews "babymamaism" which looks like the latest vogue in the industry now.
I think you meant path

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor Stuns In New Photos As She Managed To Look Decent / South African Newspaper Features Olajumoke's "Dirt Poor Bread Seller" Story / Zicsaloma Surprises His Mother With Car Gift (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.