Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians (11247 Views)

Senate Passes 2020 Finance Bill For First, Second Readings Same Day / Public Finance Bill: 10 Things You Should Know About It / Buhari Signs 2019 Finance Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by SocialJustice: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
Pepsi4me:
Buhari will not kill us
You didn't read, just jumped into typing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by GentleRay: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
How about Value Added Tax we pay for mobile calls. Bring down the internet data rate. Then we know the new finance act is for the masses.
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by leokid866: 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
Deathissweet:
Only a jobless buharist will take his time to read this shit
how exactly do you aim to gain knowledge when you don't read.

4 Likes

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by SocialJustice: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
Auto dealers and customs agents, I hope you can all see reduction of levy from 35% to 5%.

1 Like

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by yahmohy27: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
Our beloved Country Needs Prayers From Her Citizens
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by candygist: 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
Pepsi4me:
Buhari will not kill us

Do you understand English at all or its just that you can't read and understand ? Which one ?

2 Likes

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by ashantitope: 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
Okay we are watching
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by Squillionaire: 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Good one though
Tax relief to CACovid donor isn't a nice idea.
Virtually all big corporations donated, if you give them tax relief, where do you intend getting fund to run the government, from the masses and salary earners?

This is the bit that instantly struck me. It's needless.
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by Cityqueengirl(f): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nigerians are over taved already... It will be good if things changed for real
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
leokid866:

how exactly do you aim to gain knowledge when you don't read.

I do but not anything concerning Nigerian government. I gave up long time ago
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by sonnie10: 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
Sienna price will reduce

2 Likes

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by just2endowed: 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mgbadike80:
I think these moves are actually to stimulate tax paying by reducing the rates thereby encouraging companies to pay.I honestly don't think this is what Nigeria needs most now, clearing a vehicle through the extremely corrupt Nigerian customs is not based on official tariffs but by been willing to pay whatever you're asked to pay even if the receipt for such payment says that you paid 600k even when you actually paid 1.8 million, any attempt to claim your right would only attract sorry, tears and blood. NB: The finance minister told the senate that Value added tax (VAT) would be increased next year, why is the government not telling us about it. The current government is a scam.

If sense should kill you, pls I'd advise you take it easy

1 Like

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by leokid866: 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
Deathissweet:

I do but not anything concerning Nigerian government. I gave up long time ago
How can you be in Nigeria, work or do business in Nigeria and ignore news about the Nigerian government.....lol.

1 Like

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by lexy2014: 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Good one though
Virtually all big corporations donated, if you give them tax relief, where do you intend getting fund to run the government, from the masses and salary earners?

That was d reason y they contributed covid palliatives not necessarily because they were generous
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by akoko11: 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2020
Fairly good
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by bendike: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
teeytimi:
This is a wrong economic move. Reducing tax and levies on imported product will only increase importation thereby putting more pressure on our local companies with lower comparative advantage.
Tax reduction or holiday should have been on companies operating within Nigeria alone.
My humble submission

The taxes on imported cars, passanger vehecles and trucks just had to be crushed. The state of the economy has adversely deminished the purchasing power of Nigerians. Check nairaland auto, most of the vehicles being traded are Nigerian used. Trucks etc are not being replaced. Isn't it everyday you hear of fuel tankers etc having accidents of breaking down? The crashed duty will encourage replacement.
Now to protect local vehicle assembling businesses, government agencies should be mandated to purchase only locally assembled cars( only gov can afford them). They should be banned from importing brand new vehicles.
This will help citizens own affordable tokumbo cars while the local automobile industry is also sustained.

1 Like

Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
leokid866:

How can you be in Nigeria, work or do business in Nigeria and ignore news about the Nigerian government.....lol.

Nigerian government is too Unserious to take serious. You go just kill your self
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by bobchigar(m): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Good one though
The maximum amount of tax relief that they grant them will be limited to the amount that they donated to CACovid and they can only enjoy the relief if they declared profit at the end of year. In addition, irrespective of amount that they donated, what they can claim in a financial year can not be more than certain percentage of their addressable profit for the year.
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by niyidenrele: 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
Don't jubilate too much, remember, Dangote Refineries would begin operations by next year , and most European countries are now tilting to electric cars, so hope u are imagining what am thinking?
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by OlujobaSamuel: 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
bobchigar:

The maximum amount of tax relief that they grant them will be limited to the amount that they donated to CACovid and they can only enjoy the relief if they declared profit at the end of year. In addition, irrespective of amount that they donated, what they can claim in a financial year can not be more than certain percentage of their addressable profit for the year.
Yea, I know it's subject to a particular percentage or amount, but note that individuals also donated in their own personal capacity, yet, won't benefit from this gesture.
I think govt gesture through contract award or something similar should be better.
That way, they do legitimate business for the govt, the company then benefits from the project through profit.
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by Okoroawusa: 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
I Love PMB
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by Dayoebe(m): 1:05am On Nov 21, 2020
Good move!

However, pending the time I finally japa from this country, I will be praying for better lifestyle for all and sundry...

There is no way Nigeria will move forward with our Northern brothers.
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 21, 2020
teeytimi:
This is a wrong economic move. Reducing tax and levies on imported product will only increase importation thereby putting more pressure on our local companies with lower comparative advantage.
Tax reduction or holiday should have been on companies operating within Nigeria alone.
My humble submission

The mallomites are preparing for oil doom, they wantvto flood the country with tractors for Agric, if the southerners are clever, they d do the same.
Re: 2020 Finance Bill: More Tax Incentives Offered To Nigerians by Farmerrules: 5:48am On Nov 21, 2020
Pepsi4me:
Buhari will not kill us

Bros you no Sabi read ni? Govt de make some relief you talk say buhari no kill us. At least take time to read small before you comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari At 80: He Has Served Honestly And Selflessly- Osinbajo / LASG To Remove Over 100 Shanties At Adeniji Adele Under Bridge Today / Know Your Legislators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.