Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

A Tenant Threatened My Mom - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Tenant Threatened My Mom (259 Views)

Quit Notice To A Tenant / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tenant Threatened My Mom by Willress(m): 4:09am On Nov 21, 2020
Good day nairalanders,
Apologies for disturbing everyone, but I really need help and assistancec on how to go about this issue.
Yesterday while I was at work my mom called me that one her Tennant whom she leased her two shops to called the police to arrest her just because she took another container close to the shops.
The police man came yesterday and said the DPO wanted to speak with mom, but she wasn't comfortable with the arrangement and with the help of the neighbors and people around they she didnt follow them.
This issue started when my mom decided to build a container in front of our house right beside the shops she leased, but the tenant who got the leased claimed my mom had no right to do that citing that it's conflicting and would disturb the shops he leased.

My dad had to call him since my mom was the only one at home and he told him he will deal with her.

Please nairalanders kindly assist on how to go about this matter as we would like to involve the police and also terminate the agreement we had with the Tennant.
Re: A Tenant Threatened My Mom by QuikDRAWmacGRAW(m): 4:30am On Nov 21, 2020
The truth lies in whether the container will truelly affect the customers earnings. If in your eyes and view the customer won't be inconvenienced then your mom shouldn't have qualms honoring the police invitation with her "clear conscience". The desire for more rent money shouldn't make her create problems for people she is already in contract with. It's called civility. Your mom might have infringed on the appurtenances of the shop she leased. I am not a lawyer anyway. Just seeing it from pov of what is right and wrong. Landlordship is not Godship.

1 Like

Re: A Tenant Threatened My Mom by Willress(m): 4:36am On Nov 21, 2020
QuikDRAWmacGRAW:
The truth lies in whether the container will truelly affect the customers earnings. If in your eyes and view the customer won't be inconvenienced then your mom shouldn't have qualms honoring the police invitation with her "clear conscience". The desire for more money shouldn't make her create problems for people she is already in contract with. It's called civility. Your mom might have infringed on the appurtenances of the shop she leased. I am not a lawyer anyway. Just seeing it from pov of what is right and wrong. Landlordship is not Godship.

The container is in no way creating any inconvenience to the shops. And besides we had an agreement and the agreement is solely based on the shops he leased, thank you for your input I also need to know if theirs Any penalty to be paid as we would like to terminate the agreement
Re: A Tenant Threatened My Mom by Willress(m): 4:40am On Nov 21, 2020
QuikDRAWmacGRAW:
The truth lies in whether the container will truelly affect the customers earnings. If in your eyes and view the customer won't be inconvenienced then your mom shouldn't have qualms honoring the police invitation with her "clear conscience". The desire for more rent money shouldn't make her create problems for people she is already in contract with. It's called civility. Your mom might have infringed on the appurtenances of the shop she leased. I am not a lawyer anyway. Just seeing it from pov of what is right and wrong. Landlordship is not Godship.

Just a quick one, what if my my mom now decides to build another shop are you now saying she doesn't have a right to in her own house?

I'm just saying
Re: A Tenant Threatened My Mom by QuikDRAWmacGRAW(m): 4:49am On Nov 21, 2020
I think a lawyer is in better position to size up the situation and give a more balanced advice. I am not one. So let me not "come and do pass my sef". grin cheesy
Go talk to any lawyer around you and get things done right. Cheers
Re: A Tenant Threatened My Mom by Willress(m): 4:56am On Nov 21, 2020
QuikDRAWmacGRAW:
I think a lawyer is in better position to size up the situation and give a more balanced advice. I am not one. So let me not "come and do pass my sef". grin cheesy
Go talk to any lawyer around you and get things done right. Cheers

Thank you,
We will be involving a lawyer.

(1) (Reply)

3 Bedroom Bungalows Semi-detached / This House Is For Sale In Abuja / Land On Agege Motor Road, Shogunle Bus Stop, Oshodi Lagos For Sale At 60m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.