Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Opinion: Is The Govt A Product Of The People Or The People A Product Of The Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Is The Govt A Product Of The People Or The People A Product Of The Govt (154 Views)

Makinde Lied! Atiku Was Among The 1st Commiserate With The Govt & People Of Oyo / Interim Govt A Plot By APC, DSS To Subvert Election Tribunal, Says PDP / Ohakim: They Are Not Ordinary People Or IPOB, They Came To Kill Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Is The Govt A Product Of The People Or The People A Product Of The Govt by Matoni: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2020
Coming from the instance of parent/child relationship, I would assume that the government should naturally have way more influence on the lives of the masses than the masses would ever have on the government.

It however baffles me how terrible many people truely are. I mean, why would you for instance burn your fellow ordinary citizen's car or loot their business in the name of a protest?

Re: Opinion: Is The Govt A Product Of The People Or The People A Product Of The Govt by RealLordZeus(m): 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2020
You see, I've always ask that question and yet to get a satisfactory answer.

We already know we need a reform on this country.
Where do we start? From the people or govt.

Most ppl say from the govt, but I am 100% sure that the person supporting that motion will be more corrupt than the present ones when given a taste of power.

We always lament that the govt is corrupt but quick to forgot that we are also the govt.

Civil servants: if you have a file that needs approval from the state and fed Secretariat or even local govt and you are not ready to grease their palm up to the cleaner level, just forget about that file

Public sch teachers: most sch teachers takes normal day class with levity and won't bother whether your ward is in class or not, but let your ward miss extra lesson, start boiling water to masaage his or her body.

Private sector employers: some employers are devil incarnate, they are only concerned about how to render your life useless, intentionally delaying salary and numerous exploits

Private sector employees: To start a business in Nigeria is far much easier than how to manage that business, staffs will always look for every opportunity to rip you off, you can't just trust anyone again, from the big post to the lowest even gateman can connive with ppl to love your products out.

Police: This one is self explanatory

Market women: I don't know how to describe their own greediness, after selling to you at an exorbitant price (if you don't know how to price) they still tamper with their measurement cylinders, melting candles inside, cutting the neck, hitting by the side.

These are just few examples, it cut across .

Now tell me, are they the govt.

NB: I'm not supporting or justifying the govt wanton corruption, but laying curses on them when we are also to be blame, that's hypocrisy and I don't do that

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Is The Govt A Product Of The People Or The People A Product Of The Govt by Bluntguy: 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
Tying a rope on a goat and tying a goat on a rope are the same thing.
Re: Opinion: Is The Govt A Product Of The People Or The People A Product Of The Govt by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2020
It is the PEOPLE (both govt and the masses)
Re: Opinion: Is The Govt A Product Of The People Or The People A Product Of The Govt by Matoni: 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2020
Honestly thats the big question. Where do we start from?

RealLordZeus:
You see, I've always ask that question and yet to get a satisfactory answer.

We already know we need a reform on this country.
Where do we start? From the people or govt.

Most ppl say from the govt, but I am 100% sure that the person supporting that motion will be more corrupt than the present ones when given a taste of power.

We always lament that the govt is corrupt but quick to forgot that we are also the govt.

Civil servants: if you have a file that needs approval from the state and fed Secretariat or even local govt and you are not ready to grease their palm up to the cleaner level, just forget about that file

Public sch teachers: most sch teachers takes normal day class with levity and won't bother whether your ward is in class or not, but let your ward miss extra lesson, start boiling water to masaage his or her body.

Private sector employers: some employers are devil incarnate, they are only concerned about how to render your life useless, intentionally delaying salary and numerous exploits

Private sector employees: To start a business in Nigeria is far much easier than how to manage that business, staffs will always look for every opportunity to rip you off, you can't just trust anyone again, from the big post to the lowest even gateman can connive with ppl to love your products out.

Police: This one is self explanatory

Market women: I don't know how to describe their own greediness, after selling to you at an exorbitant price (if you don't know how to price) they still tamper with their measurement cylinders, melting candles inside, cutting the neck, hitting by the side.

These are just few examples, it cut across .

Now tell me, are they the govt.

NB: I'm not supporting or justifying the govt wanton corruption, but laying curses on them when we are also to be blame, that's hypocrisy and I don't do that
Re: Opinion: Is The Govt A Product Of The People Or The People A Product Of The Govt by RealLordZeus(m): 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
Matoni:
Honestly thats the big question. Where do we start from?

Why not add a related picture and call the attention of the mods, this is a topic worthy of national debate

(1) (Reply)

Current Recession: Lessen Governance Cost, Experts Advises Federal Govt / What Do The Politicians And The Media Have In Common? / Nigerians Hate Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.