Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,195 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto (50063 Views)

Nigerian Man Constructs A Transformer In Aba, Abia State (Photos, Video) / I Need A Manufacturing Company That Fabricates Disposable Plate Moulds / Jelani Aliyu, NADDC Boss, To Herald Theme On Convergence And Future Of The Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Simplyleo: 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2020
wirinet:

Transformers don't step up or step down current, they step up or step down voltage. Current is a function of the power consumption of connected appliances.
You keep getting it twisted.

Ever heard of current transformers? wink

Even the normal transformers step current up or down. Infact, that is the most important reason for stepping up voltage for long distance transmission to minimize power loss.

When a transformer steps up voltage, the current automatically steps down and power is transmitted at lower current to reduce ohmic loss. Ohmic loss is given by P= I2r

1 Like

Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by pacespot(m): 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2020
Good one. The brain is definitely here in Africa, but the grit, discipline and resilience to carry it through to the fruitful end, like a white man working on a single invention for many years, is what is lacking.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Golan007: 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2020
jiksman3:
Buhari you dey see your mate?

Buhari is president, the highest office one could ever reach in a nation.

The young man here is your mate.

Take a look in the mirror.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Simplyleo: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
hashtagged:

Mixed it up, transformers only step up or step down current & voltage
wink
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by wirinet(m): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
Simplyleo:

Fixed.

Inverters do the reverse. That's DC to AC.
I have admitted my errors. I have been a electronics hobbyist for over 20 years, so I know I made an error in my initial post.
A simple arrangement of 4 diode called bridge rectifier is used to convert AC voltage to DC. This is not even technically a DC voltage. The bridge rectifier only inverts the negative part of the voltage and converts it to positive, it's still an alternating current. To get real DC voltage you need complicated circuits consisting of capacitors, inductors and transistors (mosfets) to really straighten the signal with very little AC ripple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Shedrachmessi(m): 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
[color=#770077][/color] nice one young man
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by wirinet(m): 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2020
Simplyleo:

You keep getting it twisted.

Ever heard of current transformers? wink

Even the normal transformers step current up or down. Infact, that is the most important reason for stepping up voltage for long distance transmission to minimize power loss.

When a transformer steps up voltage, the current automatically steps down and power is transmitted at lower current to reduce ohmic loss. Ohmic loss is given by P= I2r

What do you mean step down current? Current flowing through a wire depends on the power being supplied by the wire. If there is nothing connected to the the wire, the current is zero (except the power wasted due to the resistance of the wire itself).
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by KevMitnick: 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2020
Niyeal:
Can it generate electricity
Try not to expose your ignorance please.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by olumzzz(m): 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2020
omoadeleye:
Nice one, people need to start generating their own light and stop depending on this incompetent government.

Aliyu, well done for liberating your households From the darkness this government left us to. Just enjoy your new modern transformer.
Do you actually know that transformers do not generate electricity?
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by mrkings84(m): 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2020
I don even know what to say but u see, that crap can never work.....

It's more or less a wooden transrformer
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by costandi(m): 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
I see mediocrity.
Coming from someone that has produced nothing.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by MozB: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2020
omoadeleye:
Nice one, people need to start generating their own light and stop depending on this incompetent government.

Aliyu, well done for liberating your households From the darkness this government left us to. Just enjoy your new modern transformer.

Lmao... Oga if i were you, i would have typed this "Do transformers generate electricity?" into google's query box first before commenting. No d embarras me like this again abeg . Haba!
Lol.. Baba say "Aliyu, well done for liberating your households From the darkness".
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by obyrich(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2020
Niyeal:
Transformers don't generate electricity.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by akint67(m): 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2020
ipobarethieves:
lipsrsealed embarassed very good home boy cool sad.He should connect it to Sultan of Sokoto palace and his community. Make we watch and see for 6 months
you are part of the people who kills young inventor's initiative. produce your own and let's see it. that's why Nigeria will always be slave to foreign countries because of people like you.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Simplyleo: 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2020
wirinet:

What do you mean step down current? Current flowing through a wire depends on the power being supplied by the wire. If there is nothing connected to the the wire, the current is zero (except the power wasted due to the resistance of the wires).

Pls answer this simple question.

Why is voltage stepped up for transmission?

You may use Google.

Hint.

Power input to transformer is VI

Power output is also VI

Neglecting power loss, power input =power output. But output voltage is higher than input voltage. The only way this can balance is that the output current is lower.

Note, power is not increased in transformers, infact, power is lost due to hysteresis and eddy current.

Still, check google.

Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2020
This is a toy but the exact toy Nigerians should be tinkering with especially those braggy southerners grin
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by luluman: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2020
Niyeal:
O yes, cant you see?
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by luluman: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2020
MrBONE2:
Africans Amaka grin
Nooo, Hausa amaka
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by luluman: 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
ipobarethieves:
lipsrsealed embarassed very good home boy cool sad.He should connect it to Sultan of Sokoto palace and his community.Make we watch and see for 6 months
Try create something for your community instead of testing his own for 6 months
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by luluman: 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
I see mediocrity.
I see bad belle instead
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by LORDKing001: 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2020
abumeinben:
So you mean he ran 33kv or 11kv lines to this thing up there and we can see these lines..and he's standing close to it, even the snapist?

So he did the metal bending and drilling, grooving, threading, painting, windings (delta to star)..... because I say "Designed and Fabricate".

I hope we the completed products of the model soon enough. Congrats to him.
Which course you study abeg?
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by wirinet(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2020
Simplyleo:

Pls answer this simple question.

Why is voltage stepped up for transmission?

You may use Google.

Hint.

Power input to transformer is VI

Power output is also VI

Neglecting power loss, power input =power output. But output voltage is higher than input voltage. The only way this can make sense is that the output current is lower.

Note, power is not increased in transformers, infact, power is lost due to hysteresis and eddy current.

Still, check google.

I don't know why you are obsessed with power, we're are not talking about power, we are talking about voltage . It is the voltage component of electricity that allows us to step up or down. Alternating (changing) voltage induces electromagnetic flux in the primary coils which in turn induces voltage into the secondary coil.

It seems you don't understand the definition of current and voltage. You are stuck with the relationship between voltage and current which is power or p = IV

Even the screenshot you posted talked about transformers being used to step up voltage and not current. It is the consequence of stepping up voltage that causes current to reduce (power being constant) due to the relationship between voltage and current - P=IV.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Bobbybrwon(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2020
His contact please ?
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Blakpot: 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2020
Keep up the good work man.
I think its called reverse engineering..
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Simplyleo: 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2020
wirinet:

I don't know why you are obsessed with power, we're are not talking about power, we are talking about voltage . It is the voltage component of electricity that allows us to step up or down. Alternating (changing) voltage induces electromagnetic flux in the primary coils which in turn induces voltage into the secondary coil.

It seems you don't understand the definition of current and voltage. You are stuck with the relationship which is power or p = IV
When talking about voltage transformation,
both voltage and current are transformed, a true electrical engineer should know this. Infact, this is the simplest part when introducing transformer as a topic.

In simple term, a transformer stepping up voltage is also stepping down current simultaneously.

Same applies to a transformer stepping down voltage, it also automatically steps up current.

Additionally, the actual component that led to induction of the secondary winding is the current. Because the changing magnetic field is produced by the alternating current.

Abeg, e don do, I no fit shout.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Ever8090: 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2020
Niyeal:
does transformer generate electricity?..or hatred and illiteracy won't allow you praise somebody's effort
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Awoo88: 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2020
For those of you talking about generation of electricity, transformers doesn't generate electricity
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Awoo88: 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2020
Simplyleo:

both voltage and current are transformed, a true electrical engineer should know this. Infact, this is the simplest part when introducing transformer as a topic.

In simple term, a transformer stepping up voltage is also stepping down current simultaneously.

Same applies to a transformer stepping down voltage, it also automatically steps down current.

Bros e bi like say u no get am
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Simplyleo: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2020
Awoo88:

Bros e bi like say u no get am
Okay.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by wirinet(m): 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2020
Simplyleo:

Same applies to a transformer stepping down voltage, it also automatically steps down current.

Ok, Mr electrical engineer, answer this question. When a transformer steps down a 415 voltage to 220v in your local transformer, to what amps does the transformer step down the current?

1 Like

Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by Simplyleo: 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
wirinet:

Ok, Mr electrical engineer, answer this question. When a transformer steps down a 415 voltage to 220v in your local transformer, to what amps does the transformer step down the current?
You need to tell me the value of the current associated with the 415 volt of course.

Honestly, if you read electrical engineering, pls go back and read your books again. Or simply use the internet. I'm really surprised that an electrical engineer is asking these questions.
Re: Anas Aliyu Boyi Fabricates A Transformer In Sokoto by wirinet(m): 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2020
Simplyleo:

You need to tell me the value of the current associated with the 415 volt of course.

You see you are now going back to my assertion. Current depends on the voltage by the relationship P=IV. You need the voltage and power before you can determine current. Meanwhile, voltage is already known whether power is consumed or not.
Induction depends on voltage and not current.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Malayan Leaf Frog Aka Long-Nosed Horned Frog: World's Most Camouflaged Frog / NASA Hires A Priest to Help Prepare Humans For Aliens(Pics, Video) / Mysterious High-frequency Waves Swirling On The Sun ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.