Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,226 members, 7,849,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States (2005 Views)

Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab / Gani Adams Tells Buhari What To Do With Obasanjo’s Letter, Jonathan’s CONFAB / Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by valirex: 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
National Conference: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital
By editor on July 6, 2014

Details of the 18 new states proposed by the ongoing National Conference t be created in addition to the 36 already in existence have been identified.

This was contained in the documents obtained Saturday.

Edu state - Bida

For the proposed Edu State, which will be created out of the present Niger State, it will be made up of Agagie, Bida North, Edati, Agbakoba, Katcha, Lapai, Labun and Mokwa Local Governments with its capital in Bida.

Apa state - Otukpo

Apa State will be carved out of the present Benue State and made up of Agatu, Apa, Otukpo, Oju, Obi, Obi, Ohimini, Okpokwu and Ofbadigbo Local Government Areas with capital in Otukpo.

Kainji state - Zuru

If Kainji State is created, it will be created from the present Kebbi and Niger states and it will be made up of Danko/Wasagu, Fakai, Zuru, Shanga, Sakaba, Nhaski, Yauri, Rijau, Mariga, Magama, Kontagora, Agwara, Borgo and Mashefu Local Governments. Its capital is proposed to be in Zuru.

Ose state from Ondo State

Katagun state - Azare

For the proposed Katagun State, which is recommended to be created out of Bauchi State, it will be made up of Gamasa, Dam-an, Misau, Giade, Shira, Jama’re, Itas/Gadau, Zaki with the capital in Azare.

Savanna state - Biu

If Savanna State is created as recommended, it will be from the present Borno State and it will be made up of Gwoza, Chibok, Askira/Uba, Biu, Hawul, Shani, Kwaya-Kusar, Bayo and Damboa Local Governments with its capital in Biu.

Amana state - Mubi

Amana State is expected to be created from Adamawa State from Maiha, Mubi North, Mubi South, Hong, Michika and Madagali Local Government Areas with capital in Mubi.

Gurara state - Kachia

The conference also recommended that Gurara State be created out of Kaduna State, with Sanga, Jama’a, Jaba, Kargako, Kaura, Zango Kataf, Kachia, Kajuru, Chikun, Lere Local Governments as constituent parts. Its capital will be Kachia.

Ghari state -

If Ghari is created from Kano State, it will be made up of the following local governments:Bagwai, Bixhi, Dawakin Tofa, Dambatta, Gwarzo, Kabo, Kunchi, Makoda, Rimin Gado, Shanono, Tofa and Tsanyawa. Its capital has not been decided.

Etiti state -

Also, the capital of the proposed Etiti State has not been decided, but it will consist of Orumba North, Orumba South, Agwu, Animi, Oji River, Ivo, Afikpo North/South, Okigwe, Onuimo, Ehime Mbano, Umunneochi and Isiukwuato Local Government Areas.

Aba state - Aba

The proposed Aba State will have its capital in Aba town, which is part of the present Abia State. It is expected to be made up of Isiala, Isiala Ngwa South, Obingwa, Aba South, Ugwunagbo, Aba North, Ukwa West, Ukwa East and Osisioma Ngwa Local Governments.

Adada state - Nsukka

Adada State, which is expected to be created from the present Enugu State, will have its capital in Nsukka. It will consist of Igbo-Etiti, Igbo-Eze North, Igbo-Eze South, Isibor-Uzochukwu, Nsukka, Udenu and Uzo-Uwani.

Njaba/Anim state - Orlu

Njaba/Anim State is recommended to be created from Imo and Anambra states with the capital in Orlu. Local governments expected to be under it are Orlu, Orau, Oru East, Oru West, Ohaji/Egbema, Ogut! Njaba, Isu, Nwangele, Mkwere, Ideato Nirth, Ideato South and Ihiala.

New Oyo state -

The New Oyo State has no capital yet, but local governments that are expected to be part of it from the present Oyo State are Irepo, Olorunsogo, Oorelope, Saki East, Saki West, Atisbo, Itesiwaju, Iwajowa, Kajola, Iseyin, Afijio, Oyo East, Atiba, Ogoja Oluwa, Surulere, Ogbomosho North, Ogbomosho South and Orire.

Ijebu state - Ijebu-Ode

The proposed Ijebu State from the present Ogun State will have its capital in Ijebu-Ode, and made up of such Local Government Areas like Ijebu-Ode, Ijebu-North East, Ogun Waterside, Odogbolu, Ijebu East, Shagamu, Ikenne and Remo North.

Ogoja state - Ogoja

Ogoja State, which is expected to be carved out of the present Cross River State, will have its capital in Ogoja. It will be made up of Bekwarra, Bokki, Etung, Ikom, Obanliku, Obubra, Obudu, Ogoja and Yala Local Government Areas.

Anioma state - Asaba

The expected Anioma State to be created from Delta State will also have its capital in Asaba, if the proposal scales through. Local Government areas expected to be under it are Aniocha North, Aniocha South, Ika North-East, Ika South, Ndokwa East, Ndokwa West, Oshimili North, Oshimili South and Ukwaani.

Orachi state -

Orachi state, from Rivers State

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by Legendforte: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2020
How viable will these states be? Just consider global economic challenge.
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by DaddyELEPHANT: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2020
the current 36 states can hardly stand on their own except for 3 states.
how would the newly states finances themselves? by depending on the federal government again??

we should be talking about reducing the number of states rather than increasing it

2 Likes

Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by Validated: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2020
DaddyELEPHANT:
the current 36 states can hardly stand on their own except for 3 states.
how would the newly states finances themselves? by depending on the federal government again??

we should be talking about reducing the number of states rather than increasing it

Leave their survival to the leaders. How does Gambia survive as a country?

3 Likes

Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by Manab: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2020
Not important,we should be thinking of merging some state instead of creating we have to reduce de cost of governance in our country. Adamawa and taraba should be merge SE shouldn't suppose to be more than two de same with some other zone.[quote author=valirex post=96327125][/quote]
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by valirex: 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2020
Manab:
Not important,we should be thinking of merging some state instead of creating we have to reduce de cost of governance in our country. Adamawa and taraba should be merge SE shouldn't suppose to be more than two de same with some other zone.

It's not about cost of government but what will better the citizens of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by Enudapan: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Day dreams shaa
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by OfoIgbo: 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2020
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by OfoIgbo: 9:07pm On Nov 22, 2020
[quote author=valirex post=96327125][/quote]

You only listed 17 proposed state.

I bet you are hiding the 18th state for a reason
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by valirex: 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You only listed 17 proposed state.

I bet you are hiding the 18th state for a reason

Nah bro, that would be a mistake.
If I wanted to hide anything I won't even post it in the first place, think undecided
Stop being insecure undecided
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by jneutron4000: 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2020
This stupid idea is what the Igbos want, pushing for more state creation so as to have more allocation, the whole SE region have 5 states and the Landmass is almost same size as Oyo. We Yorubas do not want state creation as it causes more division, we want to Operate as Yoruba Nation.

2 Likes

Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by NNEWIsuper: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2020
jneutron4000:
This stupid idea is what the Igbos want, pushing for more state creation so as to have more allocation, the whole SE region have 5 states and the Landmass is almost same size as Oyo. We Yorubas do not want state creation as it causes more division, we want to Operate as Yoruba Nation.
State isn't about land mass but human population.. Besides we need aba state though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by jneutron4000: 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

State isn't about land mass but human population.. Besides we need aba state though
You can't just create state without space and human population.

1 Like

Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by Manab: 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2020
valirex:

It's not about cost of government but what will better the citizens of Nigeria
adding state is like increasing poverty in Nigeria.
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by valirex: 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2020
Manab:
adding state is like increasing poverty in Nigeria.

Hmm not really, it's just that we have animals for leaders.
If states are broken down it would be easier for each governor to develop more easily
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by OfoIgbo: 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2020
valirex:

Nah bro, that would be a mistake.
If I wanted to hide anything I won't even post it in the first place, think undecided
Stop being insecure undecided

Then what is the 18th state?
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by valirex: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Then what is the 18th state?

Check again
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by OfoIgbo: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
valirex:

Check again

The one you seem not to want to reveal is Oil River state, which seems to have taken a chunk of Igboland, and made the Igbos a minority in that state by widening the southern territory of that state.

Just as I suspected, there was a reason you chose not to reveal that state

1 Like

Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by OfficialAwol(m): 11:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
Adada state is necessary.

Etiti state is necessary.

Ijebu state is necessary.

Ogoja state is necessary.

Apa state is necessary.

Kainji state is necessary.

Others are piece of garbage.
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by valirex: 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2020
OfoIgbo:

The one you seem not to want to reveal is Oil River state, which seems to have taken a chunk of Igboland, and made the Igbos a minority in that state by widening the southern territory of that state.

Just as I suspected, there was a reason you chose not to reveal that state

That state you mentioned was kicked against, and the states approved by the confab are exactly what I listed out.
Like I said earlier try to stop feeling insecure, not everyone is out to spike at your people
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by OfoIgbo: 12:00am On Nov 23, 2020
valirex:

That state you mentioned was kicked against, and the states approved by the confab are exactly what I listed out.
Like I said earlier try to stop feeling insecure, not everyone is out to spike at your people

Then which is the 18th state? You mentioned that 18 new states were agreed on. Tell us the 18th state
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by naijadrivablog: 12:29am On Nov 23, 2020
If ONLY GEJ implemented the 2014 ComFAb, Nigeria would have been better for it.
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by RuddyFusion(m): 1:05am On Nov 23, 2020
Aba state is the only viable one there
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by chozzy: 1:25am On Nov 23, 2020
Good
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by ednut1(m): 4:08am On Nov 23, 2020
Not viable
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by valirex: 6:30am On Nov 23, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Then which is the 18th state? You mentioned that 18 new states were agreed on. Tell us the 18th state

And I told you, go through my post again
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by sevenhundred(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2020
Manab:
Not important,we should be thinking of merging some state instead of creating we have to reduce de cost of governance in our country. Adamawa and taraba should be merge SE shouldn't suppose to be more than two de same with some other zone.
but if those state were created, it will help to accelerate development in those areas and bring govt closer to the people and reduce the power of governors.
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by OfoIgbo: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2020
valirex:

And I told you, go through my post again

I went through your post and in the attached picture, I saw Oil Rivers state. That state cannot be. The intention is to make every Igbo group dependent on Ijaw people for access to the sea, and Ijaw people's wish to muscle into some oil rich Igbo areas to the north
Re: CONFAB: Flashback To The 2014 Proposed States by spy24(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2020
Creation of more problem

There's no need to divide Delta State

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Strikes Again! Kills Policemen, Burns UN Facilities, Mock Army! / Southerners Are The Reason Nigerians Are Blacklisted - Sarki / Who Is A Beta Leader Btw Bola Tinubu & Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.