Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,061 members, 7,852,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs (743 Views)

Tell Us About Your Moniker / @seun, Get Your Dogg(sexkill) A Collar And A Chain / Please Help My Boyfriend Broke My Heart And I Find It Hard To Forget About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2011
I was listening to a radio interview with the on- air guest, Mr. Jude Abaga aka MI currently Nigeria’s top rapper as rated by his colleagues. He talked about the song that launched him to stardom “Crowd mentality”. Little did he know he was being a poetic prophet, a few years later … ‘every body in Nigeria wants to sing!”

Have you been to any of these talent show auditions? You won’t believe the crowd you will see. The worrisome part is that most of the ‘star wannabe’ are young graduates from the sciences; medicine and law! Now my question is where are the professionals? This trend is not funny! Is it un-employment? Lack of interest, passion, greed for the spot light or just “Crowd mentality”?

Omawunmi read law and was called to Bar! Dr. Sid of Mo Hit is a medical doctor! Naeto C is not an exception because he went all the way! What about Obiwon? He was a banker. My question is if this trend or whirlwind continues unabated and unchecked, who will be wearing ‘the wig and gown? Who will be the doctor on duty for my next check up at the clinic? Or what generation of un-professionalism are we grooming?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/where-are-the-professionals/#
Re: Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs by Nobody: 4:43am On Mar 21, 2011
lmao @ your name.
Re: Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs by pinkrex(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
Are musicians or entertainers supposed to be illiterates?? I wonder why a degree is just a big deal to people in dis part of d world, @poster, yu just talking with some part of ur brain 'missing'. It brings expertise into d trend with their Education.
Re: Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs by lareine(f): 3:43am On Mar 23, 2011
@pinkrez, you must be a clown. I know you read the post but did you understand it at all. He talked about professionals-medical doctors, lawyers and the like. Not some English, linguistic, economics and all with due respect to people in such profession.
Re: Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs by Tingles(m): 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2011
Greatness is inborn, most of us need education for our self-esteem.

1 Like

Re: Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs by pinkrex(m): 9:40am On Mar 25, 2011
9ja

Re: Did They Not Tell Us To Forget White Collar Jobs
« #3 on: Yesterday at 03:43:45 AM »

@pinkrez, you must be a clown. I know you read the post but did you understand it at all. He talked about professionals-medical doctors, lawyers and the like. Not some English, linguistic, economics and all with due respect to people in such profession.

Every man is educated but there is a wider Education, I read the content and i comprehend wella. They dont do what they do based on education but on their natural talent, so the poster should diffrentiate. Moreover education helps in perfecting ones talnet in every dimension or where yu thought only things concerning your discipline in the university?

You think you have a bad mouth ehn?

(1) (Reply)

Classy Girls Love To Look Good Deserve The Very Best! / For Uk Students / Whats Up With Lasu Student This Morning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.