Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Iran And Nuclear Weapons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran And Nuclear Weapons (1732 Views)

Chad Intercepts ISIS Weapons Going To Boko Haram / 10 Of The Deadliest Nuclear Weapons / ISIS Extremists Speak About Nigeria And Nuclear Weapon In Recent Publication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran And Nuclear Weapons by debanjee(m): 11:17am On Feb 04, 2006
x
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by charlisco(m): 11:31am On Feb 04, 2006
i donot understand your comment, please try and summaries the point you intend making
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by debanjee(m): 11:40am On Feb 04, 2006
b
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by mochafella(m): 11:42am On Feb 04, 2006
Iran wants a nuclear weapon. I believe their protestations that the technology is for electrical power are false. Their reasons for wanting the weapon vary.
1) They believe the US wants to destroy them. The current bad blood between both countries is a convergence of several events. The removal of the Shah of Iran who was backed by the US, the Hostage crisis of the late 70's, the Iran-Iraq war when Saddam used US-provided WMD on the Iranians, killing millions of them, as well as all the inflamatory comments made by the Iranian rulers i.e. calling the US, Great Satan.
2) Iran's ruling class wants to be able to dominate the Mid-east.
3) India and Pakistan who are neighbours in the Near-east both have nucs.
4) Iran does not trust Israel.
So essentially they want to be able to nuc any other country that attacks them like Iraq did, even if the other country does not have nucs.

Why do it now? Well there is no better time. The US is too busy in Iraq, China wants their Oil at favorable prices, and everybodyelse is scared of complaining so they don't raise Oil prices. Putin is also distracted by trying to raise Russia's profile again.

While I support thier "right" to nucs I really don't trust them. Something tells me Israel will do everyone a favor and bomb their facilities, but that will only make the Iranians more desperate.

One other thing to note. Iraq's most powerful politicians are supported by Iran. Something tells me the US might just regret going into Iraq if Ahmedinajad part 2 starts in Iraq.
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by charlisco(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2006
III world war is approaching, we better read what this site had to offer about how it will begin
https://www.nostradamusonline.com
https://www.nostradamusonline.com/sample_chapter.php
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by debanjee(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2006
b
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by mochafella(m): 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2006
I think the end game will be Iran getting the weapon and everyone backing off them. Remember how the US and EU toned down when North Korea announced they had a weapon, even though they may be lying. I doubt Iran will attack other nuclear armed countries, the ruling elite are definitely not suicidal. They'll use it as a threat against their neighbours and they will shakara alot on the world stage. It will most likely guarantee thay will never be attacked by another country. If they will use the weapon it will be underground through some terrorist group. They will then claim the weapon was stolen if it is tracked to them.
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by EdwardWil(m): 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2006
What so-called country of non-white people on this planet have the ability to blow up most of the white people on this planet with the push of a button?
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by debanjee(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2006
s
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by EdwardWil(m): 6:55am On Feb 06, 2006
I don't think you answered the question. I know non-white people have nuclear weapons. I also know that who does and does not have nuclear weapons matter. The question was:

What so-called country of non-white people on this planet have the ability to blow up most of the white people on this planet with the push of a button?
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by jclord(f): 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2006
It has been said that Iran's current leader is the former US hostage taker in 1979 is enough to disqualify them from the right to have nuclear weapons. Obviously a violent criminal who does not have any regard for human life should not be trusted with such dangerous weapons.
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by mochafella(m): 7:21pm On Feb 06, 2006
@jclord

That claim did arise when he was elected, but was never confirmed by any government/agency, neither in Iran or the "west". The fact that you look like someone from 20 years ago does not make you a "criminal". The hostage takers were also never tried or convicted either internationally or in Iran. There is no international law saying a suspected criminal should not be a country's president. Iran may have a law banning convicts from the presidency, but apparently Ahmedinajad has no convictions.

That said, that does not stop him from being a dangerous man. But at this time the only law being broken is the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty. undecided
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by jclord(f): 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2006
Mochafella
Thanks for the update. Iran's human rights history and their hatered of the West and Israel makes them a dangerous neighbor.

1 Like

Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by ankitsingh123: 7:41am On Feb 09, 2018
Re: Iran And Nuclear Weapons by baralatie(m): 8:47am On Feb 09, 2018
jclord:
Mochafella
Thanks for the update. Iran's human rights history and their hatered of the West and Israel makes them a dangerous neighbor.
if Iran has a nuclear bomb Capabilities then Saudi Arabia will want a nuclear bomb capability, then u.a.e will want a nuclear bomb capability,Qatar will also want a nuclear bomb capability, Lebanon and Jordan will want a nuclear bomb capability and finally Egypt will want nuclear capability.
then finally there WILL BE A NUCLEAR WAR wether will like it or not

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" / Unprecedented V.Cship ''war'' at ''Zik's'' university / Lasting Solution To Islamic Extremism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.